Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 05:55 AM

283 posts, read 1,291,234 times

Advertisements

Did anyone see any comments or interviews from/with Tiki Barber on his retirement, then the team going to, and winning the SB without him? I hadn't seen any and wondered if this even was touched upon by anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 11:45 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,921,648 times
I was wondering the same thing. I haven't heard from Barber. He must feel like an ass for retiring early. I credit him for developing Eli Manning. Had he not dissed Manning just before the season started, then perhaps he wouldn't have lit the proverbial fire and planted the proverbial seed that wound up sprouting some 3 months later.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:35 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,636 times
I think he is hiding under a rock somewhere! That was the first question I asked my husband after the game. Where's Tiki now?

Old 02-07-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I haven't heard from Barber. He must feel like an ass for retiring early. I credit him for developing Eli Manning. Had he not dissed Manning just before the season started, then perhaps he wouldn't have lit the proverbial fire and planted the proverbial seed that wound up sprouting some 3 months later.
My co-worker "Mr. Sports Guy" told me that he heard Mike Tirico from ESPN saying something about Tiki having to interview Eli Monday or Tuesday morning for "Good Morning America". Mike T. reported that the interview for Tiki was "pleasantly uncomfortable" or something like that.

Wish I'd seen it.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:43 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Tiki who??

Flashforward to post #6,
YouTube - Tiki Barber on Today Show covering Superbowl XLII should tide you over for now.

...And Tiki, how does it feel interviewing a team that just won the Super Bowl, a team that you just retired from, a team that ripped the Hearts out of the Chowds for the World to See???

Oh, gosh. Props to him. I thought he did pretty well.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-07-2008 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: Inspired by beowulf7, the World's Most Modest Man.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird22 View Post
My co-worker "Mr. Sports Guy" told me that he heard Mike Tirico from ESPN saying something about Tiki having to interview Eli Monday or Tuesday morning for "Good Morning America". Mike T. reported that the interview for Tiki was "pleasantly uncomfortable" or something like that.

Wish I'd seen it.
I'm going to have to scour the 'net to find that interview.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I'm going to have to scour the 'net to find that interview.
Oops, my other friend told me Tiki is on NBC so look for the Today Show, as mentioned above... My bad.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:22 PM

^ Yep, that was a pretty good link. It's got to be eating Barber inside that the Giants won the SB the year after he retired. It's like when the great Don Mattingly retired; the following year, the Yankees won the World Series. Sometimes life just isn't fair.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:23 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,636 times
Quote:
^ Yep, that was a pretty good link. It's got to be eating Barber inside that the Giants won the SB the year after he retired. It's like when the great Don Mattingly retired; the following year, the Yankees won the World Series. Sometimes life just isn't fair.
Nah, that's called Kharma! Tiki got what he deserved for blasting his teammates and coach in the media! You might think it but you don't have to blab it to the world. I just know Eli wanted to go "Nana Nana boo boo, I got a SB ring and you didn't"! Take that Tiki torch!

Old 02-08-2008, 10:19 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,627,647 times
I noticed he wasn't hugging the guys that he had previusly called out like Manning and Coughlin. I always thought of him as a class act till he left the Giants. The majority of that interview was obviously scripted. I would love to see an interview with someone asking Tiki the tough questions. Hope he likes his crow served well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football