Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 01:34 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,060,274 times

Advertisements

Texans
Cowboys
Ravens
Eagles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 02:56 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,472,020 times
Wild Card Rounds
Colts at Texans-How about them Colts? Both of these AFC South teams started out the season horribly. Texans started 0-3 and the Colts started out 1-5, Kudos to both teams for righting the ship and making it to the playoffs. While the Texans took the South, the Colts seem to be the hotter team right now. They have Luck on their side, and I think they can get an upset against Watson, Watt, and company. They've already beaten the Texans in Houston this season and just won a week 17 play-in game on the road. I've always thought Bill O'Brien was a bozo and believe he'll get outcoached by Frank Reich.

Seahawks at Cowboys-Obviously I can't pick the Cowboys ever, so let's hope the Seahawks can go into Jerry's World and pull off the upset. They already beat them convincingly this year, but that was in front of the 12th man. Winning in Arlington will be a much taller order. Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson are up to the challenge.

Chargers at Ravens-Homeless Chargers have had an excellent season. They're always the road team, so it's not a trip to Baltimore that concerns me. It's the Ravens stellar defense that dominated the Bolts a few weeks ago. Phil Rivers won't be able to get rid of the "can't get it done in the playoffs" label. Ravens will be a tough out since defense wins championships.

Eagles at Da Bears-I can't believe that Philly made it to the playoffs. I thought for sure that Da Bears would throw the game against the Viqueens so they could play them in the first round. I'd rather go against Kirk Cousins, who is 5-26 against teams above ,500. than the defending Super Bowl champs and the reigning Super Bowl MVP who are just starting to soar. Eagles will be a tough out, but the Monsters of the Midway are back and should be able to eke this out.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:21 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,419,849 times
Texans
Cowboys
Ravens
Eagles

Old 01-01-2019, 09:45 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,648,858 times
Colts
Seahawks
Chargers
Eagles

Taking all the road teams.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:51 AM

14,337 posts, read 14,691,257 times
I'm thinking the road teams, too! I don't think the Cowboys can beat the Seahawks once they get in playoff mode. They are a tough team, and I'm not thinking Dak can lead the Cowboys like Wilson can the Seahawks.

All the road teams winning would be a great story! Might not happen but would great much conversation!

Old 01-01-2019, 10:10 AM

7,226 posts, read 11,978,088 times
Colts
Seahawks
Ravens
Eagles

Old 01-01-2019, 10:27 AM

7,621 posts, read 6,137,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Wild Card Rounds
Colts at Texans-How about them Colts? . I've always thought Bill O'Brien was a bozo and believe he'll get outcoached by Frank Reich.

Seahawks at Cowboys-Obviously I can't pick the Cowboys ever, so let's hope the Seahawks can go into Jerry's World and pull off the upset. They already beat them convincingly this year, but that was in front of the 12th man. Winning in Arlington will be a much taller order. Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson are up to the challenge.

Chargers at Ravens- Phil Rivers won't be able to get rid of the "can't get it done in the playoffs" label. Ravens will be a tough out since defense wins championships.
Maniac and I are kindred spirits in many ways but he always picks better than me. Then again, so f=did everyone. THAT being said DO not bet you New Years Whiskey money on what I say herein
Rather than just recopy his post exactly

First Happy New Year Before I forget. Just 92days until April Fools Day Be forewarned.

Second

COLTS at Texicans I have to take a road team here The Texicans have been overrated on the sidelines and I think getting outcoached is likely. I also thing that Watts And Watson will fall a little short of Good,Goode, And Luck I will take the Colts in a close one on the road

SEAHAWKS at COwboys. I too hate the Cowboys but everyone on here knows that. Being in a playoff setting, Pete Carroll, the World' coolest coach, knows how to win. Jason Garrett, the worlds Dorkiest* coach, does not. Experience counts here more than people realize

Eagles at BEARS It is tempting to take the Eagles. They have Experience. The Bears have Defense and Home field Coaching and Variables go to the Eagles but raw power goes to the Bears Who will win for a chance to go out next week. Both Teams are playing well right now.

San Angeles/Homeless Chargers vs RAVENS If Defense wins then the Ravens have it. The Chargers have choke-master Phillip Rivers, which will further help the Ravens. BUT if the Ravens blow this one, look for Coach Hairball to get called in and canned. If they win, look for him to get a nice $$$.

* Dork, Nerd, Geek, Spaz, dweeb,airhead, birdbrain, blockhead, bonehead, bubblehead, chowderhead, chucklehead, clodpoll (or clodpole), clot [British], cluck, clunk, cretin, cuddy (or cuddie) [British dialect], deadhead, dim bulb [slang], dimwit, dip, dodo, dolt, donkey, doofus [slang], dope, dullard, dum-dum, dumbbell, dumbhead, dummkopf, dummy, dunce, dunderhead, fathead, gander, golem, goof, goon, half-wit, hammerhead, hardhead, idiot, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, know-nothing, knucklehead, lamebrain, loggerhead [chiefly dialect], loon, lump, lunkhead, meathead, mome [archaic], moron, mug [chiefly British], mutt, natural, nimrod [slang], nincompoop, ninny, ninnyhammer, nit [chiefly British], nitwit, noddy, noodle, numskull (or numbskull), oaf, pinhead, prat [British], ratbag [chiefly Australian], saphead, schlub (also shlub) [slang], schnook [slang], simpleton, stock, stupe, stupid, thickhead, turkey, woodenhead, yahoo, yo-yo,booby, buffoon, fool, goose, loony, lunatic, madman, nut, zany
loser, gawk, featherbrain, scatterbrain
beast, boor, cad, churl, clown, creep, cur, heel, jerk, skunk, snake, stinker, villain

Old 01-04-2019, 04:33 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,647,098 times
Texans
Seahawks
Ravens
Bears

Old 01-04-2019, 03:34 PM

26,711 posts, read 41,902,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Wild Card Rounds
Colts at Texans-How about them Colts? Both of these AFC South teams started out the season horribly. Texans started 0-3 and the Colts started out 1-5, Kudos to both teams for righting the ship and making it to the playoffs. While the Texans took the South, the Colts seem to be the hotter team right now. They have Luck on their side, and I think they can get an upset against Watson, Watt, and company. They've already beaten the Texans in Houston this season and just won a week 17 play-in game on the road. I've always thought Bill O'Brien was a bozo and believe he'll get outcoached by Frank Reich.

Chargers at Ravens-Homeless Chargers have had an excellent season. They're always the road team, so it's not a trip to Baltimore that concerns me. It's the Ravens stellar defense that dominated the Bolts a few weeks ago. Phil Rivers won't be able to get rid of the "can't get it done in the playoffs" label. Ravens will be a tough out since defense wins championships.

Eagles at Da Bears-I can't believe that Philly made it to the playoffs. I thought for sure that Da Bears would throw the game against the Viqueens so they could play them in the first round. I'd rather go against Kirk Cousins, who is 5-26 against teams above ,500. than the defending Super Bowl champs and the reigning Super Bowl MVP who are just starting to soar. Eagles will be a tough out, but the Monsters of the Midway are back and should be able to eke this out.
Texans - Luck had one hell of a comeback but the Texans at home with that front 7 is not to be picked against.

Seahawks - Tempted to pick Dallas witt Amari’s arrival but think Russell pulls this one out.

Chargers - Lamar Jackson gets humbled by the most complete team in the NFL.

Bears - Folesmagic ain’t happening against Khalil and the boys

Old 01-04-2019, 08:49 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,307,440 times
Off the top of my head (just like my hair)...

Colts over Texans
Seahawks over Cowboys
Ravens over Chargers
Bears over Eagles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football