Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:04 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieonvacation View Post
Don't forget John Curtis Christian School in Louisiana. They have won more State chamionships than any other school in the country. Joe Mcnight now playing at USC as a starting Freshman came from there!
I haven't seen them play, but I do know they lost to Longview, TX at the start of last season. Longview in turn got walloped in the playoffs by Pflugerville 35-14, one of our state runner-up last year.

Last edited by Acuda; 05-10-2008 at 10:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 08:17 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,335,406 times
Don Bosco (NJ) beat De La Salle (CA) 23-21 back in september

but right before that game Don Bosco (NJ) lost to St Xavier (OH)

they need to have more games like this

Old 10-22-2008, 09:25 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
Texas high school football is INSANE. Alot of good teams Trinity is one of the best as Rivals points out. When my dad was in the Army he got stationed in Texas and was watching the news to find out who won the world series. Well they led off with the High School football scores and they only flashed a score of the world series. High School football is taken very seriously in the GREAT state of Texas.

I live in Kentucky and they have Trinity and Saint X here, the game draws like 30,000 fans every year pretty big. Both teams usually end up playing each other for the state championships.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Texas high school football is INSANE. Alot of good teams Trinity is one of the best as Rivals points out. When my dad was in the Army he got stationed in Texas and was watching the news to find out who won the world series. Well they led off with the High School football scores and they only flashed a score of the world series. High School football is taken very seriously in the GREAT state of Texas.

I live in Kentucky and they have Trinity and Saint X here, the game draws like 30,000 fans every year pretty big. Both teams usually end up playing each other for the state championships.
Here in Texas, the Trinity Trojans are still ranked #1, and #1 in the nation. However, I think a few teams could beat them this year. But, they could beat them too. It really seems to be an open year. Permian (Friday Night Lights) is loaded, Southlake Carroll is tough again, Abilene looks mean, North Shore from Houston is good... so many teams are major players for State. I'm not sure any other state has so many teams that could legitimately challenge for the title, yet alone be recognized in the mythical national polls...maybe Cali and Florida. I hope my Pflugerville Panthers can make another run for State (like last year), but we are too young with no passing game. But, we ran all the way to State, so maybe we can catch some breaks. It should be interesting. Gotta love high school football in Texas Stadium in a regional final, 40,000+.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Don Bosco (NJ) beat De La Salle (CA) 23-21 back in september

but right before that game Don Bosco (NJ) lost to St Xavier (OH)

they need to have more games like this
Yeah, I heard Don Bosco came back in that game. Good for them. That is a pretty big win on the road. Both teams are nationally recognized. Must have been an awesome game to watch. Is De La Sale going out to Jersey next year, or a few years?

Don Bosco needs to play a Texas power. It would be fun to see.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:39 AM

2,541 posts, read 11,335,406 times
apparently only Don Bosco is able to afford the cross country trips, so De La Salle is probably not coming

I would also like to see Texas vs NJ, or PA.

I am pretty sure Don Bosco will continue their cross country travels, as the parents can easily afford it

Old 03-14-2010, 11:20 AM

93,332 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
For all my Ohio High School Football info. i check out JJHuddle's Ohio High - Ohio High School Sports Stuff .......their forum is great too!

Some very strong programs in Ohio include:

MooneyFootball.com-Welcome

St. Xavier - Football (http://www.stxavier.org/s/106/stxavier.aspx?sid=106&gid=1&pgid=462 - broken link)

Northwest Local School District (http://www.nwlsd.org/school_home.aspx?schoolID=2 - broken link)

Saint Ignatius High School :: Athletics :: Football Records (http://www.ignatius.edu/athletics/records/football.shtm - broken link)

Athletics (http://www.sehs.net/athletics.html - broken link) Lakewood St. Ed's

WGH Raiders Home Page Warren Harding

Canton McKinley Football

MASSILLONPROUD.COM - Site for Massillon Tigers Football, Sports, News, and Fun! These people are psycho!!

Glenville Tarblooders High School Football - cleveland.com

Coffman Football Home Page

WelcomeToGoldenBearFootball Upper Arlington

Benedictine Football - state champ history (http://www.cbhs.net/athletics/football/BenedictineFootball-statechamphistory.htm - broken link)

Lake Catholic High School - Football (http://lakecatholic.org/content/view/87/299/ - broken link)

Also, check out Ohio vs. the best of the rest:

USATODAY.com - High school football teams reach higher for grand matchups, more visibility
Can't forget Steubenville too.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:42 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,936,541 times
^You're right, how did i forget the big red!

Old 03-19-2010, 11:34 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, FL should be on the list.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:09 AM

Some great interstate matchups so far in 2010:

St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) vs Dallas Skyline (TX)
Don Bosco (NJ) vs. St. Ignatius (OH)
Bishop Gorman (NV) vs. De La Salle (CA)
Shiloh Christian (AR) vs. Euless Trinity (5a champions) (TX)
Bethel (WA) vs. Odessa Permian (MOJO)
Evangel Christain (LA) vs. Arlington Bowie (TX)*
Desoto (TX) vs. Belle Glades Central (FL)

And the defending Texas 5a champions: Abilene War Eagles will face 2, count em 2, top rated Florida schools: defending 6a champion Miramar and then Plant (FL)*. That's insane! Abilene has some mighty cajones to play 2 Florida schools and then play Texas powers in district play. Big Props to the Eagles.

* still up in the air if they will play

I'm taking STA, Don Bosco, Gorman, and Trinity, Permian, Bowie, DeSoto, and Abilene to win.

Anyone know any others?

Last edited by Acuda; 03-20-2010 at 08:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football