Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2019, 09:08 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Honestly, noone should want to win the NFC East at this point. It'll hurt their draft standing.

Best they can do if they win the division is draft 25th, I believe.

7-9 or 6-10 probably puts them somewhere between 13th and 19th otherwise.

Don't they get playoff money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2019, 10:59 PM

17,583 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Next Sunday, the 7-7 Cowboys travel to the 7-7 Eagles in the battle for 1st place.

According to "rumors", Urban Meyer MIGHT be the new head coach in Washington next year.

While it's simple to just sit here and say "Not a chance".. Nothing surprises me anymore.

The one thing I can say with absolute certainty.. This would not end well.

I'll put out there.. Redskins offense looked.. Pretty decent today. A very strong game from Haskins.. AP is.. AP. I hope he gets the 1000 yard mark, but being ~300 yards away with 2 games to play.. Doesn't look good.

The team scares me for years to come, taking out the questions about coaching, Bruce Allen and ownership.

What do they do at RB? AP has been solid. I mean, he's 34, playing better than half the league. Guice can't stay healthy. Thompson can't either, but any way you look at it, he's not a lead RB. Do they go with Guice, Love and Thompson?

TE goes from an area that appeared to be a strength at the start of the year (much like RB) to a big question. Sprinkle isn't BAD, but when so much offense was designed around Jordan Reed.. Who, I have no question isn't coming back. Vernon Davis.. I suspect he won't be back.

The areas of strength at the start of the year are all blown up.. And areas that we were concerned.. Haven't been horrid. I mean, I expected much less from the OL. WR I thought was good, but totally unproven short of Richardson. Expected Quinn to develop well, but then we have him playing good, McLaurin coming out of nowhere.. Sims.. Playing well (Bit of a problem with the dropsies)

These are big questions that to even be respectable they need to get right.. and I have zero confidence in them getting it right.

Old 12-16-2019, 02:40 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,830 times
Quote:
While it's simple to just sit here and say "Not a chance".. Nothing surprises me anymore.

The one thing I can say with absolute certainty.. This would not end well.

I'll put out there.. Redskins offense looked.. Pretty decent today. A very strong game from Haskins.. AP is.. AP. I hope he gets the 1000 yard mark, but being ~300 yards away with 2 games to play.. Doesn't look good.

The team scares me for years to come, taking out the questions about coaching, Bruce Allen and ownership.

What do they do at RB? AP has been solid. I mean, he's 34, playing better than half the league. Guice can't stay healthy. Thompson can't either, but any way you look at it, he's not a lead RB. Do they go with Guice, Love and Thompson?

TE goes from an area that appeared to be a strength at the start of the year (much like RB) to a big question. Sprinkle isn't BAD, but when so much offense was designed around Jordan Reed.. Who, I have no question isn't coming back. Vernon Davis.. I suspect he won't be back.

The areas of strength at the start of the year are all blown up.. And areas that we were concerned.. Haven't been horrid. I mean, I expected much less from the OL. WR I thought was good, but totally unproven short of Richardson. Expected Quinn to develop well, but then we have him playing good, McLaurin coming out of nowhere.. Sims.. Playing well (Bit of a problem with the dropsies)

These are big questions that to even be respectable they need to get right.. and I have zero confidence in them getting it right.
If you watched the broadcast, you saw that Urban Meyer was in Snyder's box for the game. Of course, at this time of the year, that leads to ALOT of speculation.
Sometimes, a really good head coach(I don't know whether Meyer is that coach or not) and a few GOOD additions in free agency and the draft, can change a teams fortunes around quickly.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
If you watched the broadcast, you saw that Urban Meyer was in Snyder's box for the game. Of course, at this time of the year, that leads to ALOT of speculation.
Sometimes, a really good head coach(I don't know whether Meyer is that coach or not) and a few GOOD additions in free agency and the draft, can change a teams fortunes around quickly.

Agreed.. But, you can also look at it as he wanted to watch his former players and it wouldn't be unusual for an owner to invite a former coach into his box.

Obviously, said owner should realize that it will lead to a bunch of speculation.

Would Snyder give up complete control? And, I believe we all know he would have to in order to convince UM to be the coach. he hasn't managed to do it so far in the 20 years he's owned the team.. So i find it difficult to believe he would.

Old 12-16-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Agreed.. But, you can also look at it as he wanted to watch his former players and it wouldn't be unusual for an owner to invite a former coach into his box.

Obviously, said owner should realize that it will lead to a bunch of speculation.

Would Snyder give up complete control? And, I believe we all know he would have to in order to convince UM to be the coach. he hasn't managed to do it so far in the 20 years he's owned the team.. So i find it difficult to believe he would.
So then maybe your interim coach will become the permanent coach soon.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:47 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
Hasnt Meyer been tied to the other ego-maniac in the NFC East: Jerry Jones?

Old 12-16-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
So then maybe your interim coach will become the permanent coach soon.

I'm not 100% against that idea. not 100% for it, either, but.. I certainly think worse could be done.

Old 12-17-2019, 10:08 AM

And.. McLaurin says that Urban Meyer was at the game as his guest.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...Pgm8Z9V4HSFX-I

Now.. A subset of people will call that misdirection to throw people off the trail.. But..

Old 12-17-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
And.. McLaurin says that Urban Meyer was at the game as his guest.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...Pgm8Z9V4HSFX-I

Now.. A subset of people will call that misdirection to throw people off the trail.. But..
Maybe he was just a guest and maybe he wasn't. We'll see.

Old 12-18-2019, 12:49 PM

Today Dak Prescott has a shoulder injury. We'll see if he still has it on Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football