Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2016, 07:50 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times

Advertisements

Regarding the Browns and Wentz, it all comes down to what the Browns do with the pick this year. And does Watson or any other QB that comes out grade out well and become a stud franchise QB? Earlier in the college season I thought the kid from Notre Dame, Kizer, was going to be the real deal, but now he's been benched? They have to get a franchise QB this year or I suppose next year or it becomes a failure of a trade. Their track record is not on their side. I do like their coach though, hopefully they can keep him for at least three years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 09:15 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times
And I rest my case. Romo will be back next week, or the week after. First time Dak faces a serious high pressure defense, he chokes and chokes bad and looks like the rookie he is. He's just not ready to make those adjustments once the game plan and system breaks down. Romo wins a game like tonight hands down and easily. Yes, Dak has a long future in the NFL, but he showed without question, he is not a playoff ready QB tonight. The Cowboys have coddled him and gotten away with it through great game planning for him. That was not present tonight and it showed. The debate is over. Bring Romo back as soon as he is ready and roll into the playoff.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:33 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
This Eagles/Cowboys game is just quality. NFL ratings would not be down if more games were like this. It's just fun to watch. It's been close all game and these are two teams that nobody expected anything from this year. AND it's two rookie QBs inserted into a longstanding rivalry. What more could you want?

NFC East is the most entertaining division in football, y/y?

Old 10-30-2016, 09:49 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Dang. Going to overtime and I would love to see the end of this game. But I must retire. When oh when will the fascism of the 9-5 workday end? How I long for the days of college when it would not even be a question that I would stay up for the end of this. An 11-7 workday would be my dream.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:17 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Cowboys win, go 6-1, and now in control of the NFC East.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
And I rest my case. Romo will be back next week, or the week after. First time Dak faces a serious high pressure defense, he chokes and chokes bad and looks like the rookie he is. He's just not ready to make those adjustments once the game plan and system breaks down. Romo wins a game like tonight hands down and easily. Yes, Dak has a long future in the NFL, but he showed without question, he is not a playoff ready QB tonight. The Cowboys have coddled him and gotten away with it through great game planning for him. That was not present tonight and it showed. The debate is over. Bring Romo back as soon as he is ready and roll into the playoff.
i disagree. prescott was tested, and while he struggled early on, he finally found his game footing, and led the cowboys to the win in OT. the eagles defense is certainly one of the best in the league, and prescott found a way to overcome them.

however, prescott is going to find the rest of the season a tougher go that the first half as there is plenty of film on him now, and teams know what they need to do to get him off his game.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:33 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Yeah Dak didn't lead them back for the win at all.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
This Eagles/Cowboys game is just quality. NFL ratings would not be down if more games were like this. It's just fun to watch. It's been close all game and these are two teams that nobody expected anything from this year. AND it's two rookie QBs inserted into a longstanding rivalry. What more could you want?

NFC East is the most entertaining division in football, y/y?
The sunday night game between the Cowboys/Eagles last year also ended in OT

Old 10-30-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Cowboys win, go 6-1, and now in control of the NFC East.
With the Browns next to go to 7-1.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:47 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i disagree. prescott was tested, and while he struggled early on, he finally found his game footing, and led the cowboys to the win in OT. the eagles defense is certainly one of the best in the league, and prescott found a way to overcome them.

however, prescott is going to find the rest of the season a tougher go that the first half as there is plenty of film on him now, and teams know what they need to do to get him off his game.
Exactly and he does not have the experience to improvise the way Romo does. they were eating him alive with the most basic, in your face simple blitz packages. He will face that every week now until he consistently burns the defense. I will say he showed some serious character and poise at the end of this game. He got it done. The key play in my opinion was the adjusted route and check down to Beasley. Now that is what a seasoned QB does. He needs to get more consistent quickly checking down. He needs to be on the same page with Bryant. He missed so many throws tonight that would have sealed this game. Throws Romo makes.

He has had the luxury of playing behind this line. Romo did not. Tonight, he faced the same pressure Romo has seen every year, in every game. He did not handle it well until the last drive. Romo would have been right at home all game long. I still say bring Romo back as soon as he is ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football