Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 10:30 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Wonder how that would work out if something like that did happen? Invalidate the trade? After New England had the player for a season? roll it over to the 2021 draft?
Washington would keep the pick. New England would have to forfeit the following years pick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 01:14 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,830 times
With about 2 weeks to go, they should do something - sign him, trade him, or whatever gets them SOME value.
Dallas has its own contract problems.
New York MAY end up with a QB controversy.
I disagree with Wentz not playing in the preseason, but we'll see in about 2 weeks if that strategy worked or not.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:15 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
Quote:
the only guarantee is that whatever trade is made, it won't work out in Washington's favor.

I'd bet more on them trading for New England's 1st round pick and then New England losing their first round pick for a scandal.

Wonder how that would work out if something like that did happen? Invalidate the trade? After New England had the player for a season? roll it over to the 2021 draft?
This.

Williams appears to have dug in, so there is no way Washington wins a trade now.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:30 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
With about 2 weeks to go, they should do something - sign him, trade him, or whatever gets them SOME value.
Dallas has its own contract problems.
New York MAY end up with a QB controversy.
I disagree with Wentz not playing in the preseason, but we'll see in about 2 weeks if that strategy worked or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
This.

Williams appears to have dug in, so there is no way Washington wins a trade now.

It's not a contract issue with Trent Williams. Never was. It's a mishandling of his health.. He had a growth on his head that was bungled/misdiagnosed by the training/medical staff of the Redskins. at least, that's the most information we've gotten from him. It could run deeper. Deangelo Hall made a statement that Trent was saying he wouldn't come back unless the Redskins totally fired their entire training/medical staff.

But as we've been discussing in the Washington topic.. Something is up there and I lean towards believing Trent 100%. As I've mentioned, Washington has had 40 something players on season ending IR the past 2 years. You've got Colt McCoy, Derrius Guice and Alex Smith who had infections following their injuries. You've got Su'a Cravens who really seemed to blame the medical staff for some of his problems (Which I believe were half concussion related and half mental health issues).. as for the infections.. It's one of the things we're kicking around in that topic now.. Whether it's a matter of the facilities or what is going on. But when you have three people develop infections like that, you need to be looking for a reason. And Alex Smith's was pretty serious, to the point losing the leg was a possibility. Guice and McCoy's appear to just be setbacks, but.. McCoy's is going to prevent him from being the starter without question (to me). He hasn't played in the preseason and I don't think he winds up the starter without playing.

Look back to 2012 and RG3. Now.. Don't get me wrong, I'm not solely pointing the finger here at the medical staff, because I believe there's shared blame between RG3, Shanahan and the medical staff for that situation.. But if you look at that playoff game against Seattle.. For those who remember it.. I don't see how there can be a single person who was watching that and wasn't saying that he had no business playing the last few series that he did before he went down in a heap. As I recall.. Andrews came out and said he never cleared him to go back in.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:55 PM

The medical staffs do what the owners tell them to do.

Old 08-23-2019, 07:31 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
The medical staffs do what the owners tell them to do.

I don't particularly believe this is true anymore. Not entirely at least. Doctor sends a player with a concussion back out.. He's setting himself up for some liability.

In ye olden days.. Which was the 90's and 00's.. I think you're right. But I do believe this has changed.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:08 PM

The Eagles will see Case Keenum in Week 1.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:23 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,632,596 times
Quote:
I don't particularly believe this is true anymore. Not entirely at least. Doctor sends a player with a concussion back out.. He's setting himself up for some liability.

In ye olden days.. Which was the 90's and 00's.. I think you're right. But I do believe this has changed.
Concussion protocol requires an independant neurologist.

Now other medical issues fall under the team doctor umbrella

Old 08-27-2019, 01:54 PM

Jadeveon Clowney wants to play either in Seattle or Philly.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:34 AM

La'el Collins has signed through '24.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football