Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2016, 02:27 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,085,921 times

Advertisements

WITH Apologies to BILL I wanted to get this out today, because my work schedule for tomorrow through Saturday night is crowded. Too many sick/crazy people for me to keep up with, plus another clinician is out of town, more work for me...*sigh*

Please add your own as well as comments under mine

Week 5 Power Rankings

From the Lowest to the best
Still looking for their first win ...32 CLEVELAND BROWNS

No Wins, But not the worst in any other single statistic, BUT Josh Gordon disappoints again. When will the league learn not to offer jobs to druggies ?

31 MY FINZ

Only beat the Browns, and had a long series of 3 and outs the last game.

30 TENNESEE TITANS Good News FINZ FANZ AND TITAN SUPPORTERS : ONEof you will be Happy Sunday. Bad news, one of you will drop perhaps further in the rankings if that is possible

29 49ers 4 and 9 is not a record this team will see on week 14 More like 2 and 11 For now, are they the 1 and 4 ers ?

28 DA BEARS
\Beating the Lions does not make you a great team, oh my ! It means the Lions are worst than we thought last week.

27 YOUR NY JETS Careful, Fitz may try to pass......

26 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

25 New Orleans Saints

24 COLTS
YES< they were coming back in LONDON but they Just Blew it.

23 TAMPA BAY PIRATES

WITHOUT MARTIN, SIMS, and against NFL teams who can defend against the Pass WINSTON is not smokin this week.

22 DETROIT ROCK CITY LIONS May be better than their record, but Probably not.

21 THE JAGUARS ! FInally held on and won
And I like the helmets too

20 The New York Football Giants Odell Beckham, Eli Manning..who else ?

19 CAROLINA PANTHERS I hate to put them this low, but last years MOJO has left the state. Probably looking for a bathroom.

18 ARIZONA CARDINALS aka THE PESKY RED BIRDS If you told me they would start 1-3 I would not have believed it.

17 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS Well, this team is mediocre at best and average at worst.

16 WASHINGTON REDSKINS Not sure, but heap big changes are due in chief's teepee

15 BUFFALO BUFFALOES FINALLY Someone beat the Unbeatable Patriots.

14 HOUSTON TEXICANS Starting to see that 72 million is too much to pay for a QB even with Texas money

13 CINCY BENGALS Beating the Dolphins on national TV Does not get you into the top ten in and of itself, but for once, you did not have the ugliest uniform for the week.

12 BALTIMORE RAVENS Still a good team, and it is October. Break out the POE and get ready for Halloween

11 DALLAS COWBOYS Sometime, the Rookie Beginners Luck is going to run out. Probably in a few days, as soon as someone better than the Bears or the 49ers comes to town....Like the Bengals.

TOP TEN
10 LOS ANGELES RAMS I am impressed but will they still win once teams actually start preparing for them ? Maybe when the league starts taking them seriously......

9 ATLANTA FALCONS

8 OAKLAND RAIDERS

WARNING IF THE TEAM DOES NOT GETCHA THE FANS WILL !!!!!!

7 PITTSBURGH STEELERS Maybe that one loss was a fluke ?

6 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES Flying on up in the rankings

5 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS Are for real too

4 GREEN BAY PACKERS
Did Aaron Rogers and Clay Matthews ever get that Fly ?

3 NEW ENGLAND BOSTON PATRIOTS

Will not have a repeat of last week this year.

2 MEENASODA VIKINGS
Purple People Eaters are back.

and number one this week, still looking for their first loss......
1 Your Defending World Heavyweight Champions DENVER BRONCOS

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 04:46 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,901,685 times
I would put the Falcons above the Raiders since they beat the Raiders.

Other than that every looks about right.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:26 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,618,819 times
Looks good to me, I agree about the Falcons, they are looking good!

Old 10-05-2016, 05:54 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times
BTB's Week 5 Power Rankings!

We have a new #1.

Green Bay is a victim of an idol bye-week and gets jumped by a couple of teams that suddenly look really good, Atlanta and Oakland.

Will winner of Buffalo vs. L.A. move into the top 10 next week?

1. Denver (+1)
2. Minnesota (+1)
3. New England (-2)
4. Seattle (-)
5. Philidelphia (+1)
6. Pittsburgh (+2)
7. Atlanta (+8)
8. Oakland (+4)
9. Green Bay (-2)
10. Carolina (+5)
11. Cincinnati (-)
12. Buffalo (+5)
13. Dallas (+5)
14. L.A. (+7)
15. Baltimore (-2)
16. Arizona (-7)
17. Kansas City
18. Washington (+1)
19. New York Jets (-5)
20. Houston (-)
21. New York Giants (-5)
22. San Diego (+1)
23. New Orleans (+5)
24.Tampa Bay (-)
25. Detroit (-3)
26. Tennessee (-)
27. Jacksonville (+4)
28. Indianapolis (-1)
29. Miami (-4)
30. San Francisco (-1)
31. Chicago (+1)
32. Cleveland (-2)

Old 10-05-2016, 05:57 PM

We have the same top three Cat. And both have the Browns dead last. I think you are a little too harsh on your fins by just a bit.

I don't see the Rams as top ten just quite yet. They have the leagues worst offense by a fairly wide margin and their defense statistically is only average really. Not a recipe for sustained success unless that defense can be good consistently. They need to show me something again.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:38 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,085,921 times
Hi Bill

We are having a suddenly hectic week here. I may not be back on until Sunday. There is a hurricane off the othEr coAST and while I am not the panicky type, some around here are, even going so far as to threaten to close the schools on Friday. Which is a busy work day already. Plus, I will not have Saturday off, probably put in a solid 8 to 10 hours when it is all done.
There are many of us who live here that do not worry about Hurricanes. Especially those of us in newer houses. But we have many who panic and it just adds to the otherwise bad enough stress level .

So anyway, the thing about MY FINZ is that I have been watching them all season. Even though we are in the Tampa market, I have been able to make it somewhere where I can always see them. And they look awful. They look like a team that has absolutely no game plan, and look like a team that has no direction whatsoever. They make so many mistakes, it is almost like the coaches offer no level of expectations that they play at a professional level. I would not be at all surprised if the Titans beat them. The Browns almost did. Had the Browns had a real field goal kicker, they would have.

As for the Browns, that brings up another point. Josh Gordon as you heard is not coming back. The league needs to really tighten up on the drug addicts and users like him. In some respectable businesses, a drug user would not have a job. But the NFL, and some teams in particular (like the one in Dallas ) seem to think that it is ok to rely on someone who has an addiction that will always come first. I have worked with enough addicts professionally, as well as had enough in my own family, to know that the personality, dependability and functionality of an addict does not lend to team success. The best message the NFL can send to kids is to ban people like Gordon, Manziel and Gregory for life from the game.

Likely, the Brownies will finish winless, the first team to do so since the 2008 Lions. IN the 2017 Draft, the Brownies will have their own pick, plus the Eagles pick, likely to be very late. They have two second round picks, the other of which is the TITANS which will be a 3 or 4
So getting a GM who has a goal, and wants to build a team, and avoid Manziel/Gordon type characters is a must.

You rated the Jets higher than I did. The Jets got a low rating not because of overall, but because of how badly they are playing right now. I think Currently, they are one of the ten worst teams in the league right now. They may well not finish that way, but this week they are.

I don't think the Steelers will stay out of the top 5 for long either. In the end, if it comes down to them and the Broncos then That would make a good AFC Championship game. But that is months away.
The Steelers may well finish with 2 losses.

I will catch up with you Sunday and see what happens. I do not expect the Cowboys to win this week, I think they got lucky playing some bad teams, the Bengals are a power team that they have yet to face, and a beating is on the way courtesy of the stripey Cats.
I am still shocked that my son's favorite team, the Pesky Red Birds as I call them, have only flown the coop so far.

Sunday I will be exhausted and ready to unwind and watch football. Hope you and everyone else enjoys the weekend.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:50 PM

Good luck KingCat! Stay safe over there!

Old 10-06-2016, 09:45 AM

141 posts, read 123,308 times
Wow. Rams at number 10. Large King Cat I had no choice but to rep you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football