Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 07:12 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I agree with you Susan. I am losing confidence in the Colts. Pagano has to figure something out. Maybe the Colts need to get new offensive lineman that can protect Luck better and Luck is not the issue.
That would be a good place to start. They are really risking the well being of an obscenely high-valued asset with the way they've built that offense. The GM hinted that Luck's large contract has indeed hampered them, so part of that is on Luck himself. It's understandable to pursue as big a deal as you can get but understand there's a finite number the team can spend on player payroll every year and if they use a disproportionate chunk of that number on one player it means lower tier quality elsewhere, including but not limited to the O-line.

In other news, I think the Colts devolving to this is fascinating, especially after Jim Irsay (a grade-A **** waffle if ever one existed) went out of his way to criticize Manning's legacy in Indy with his "Star Wars numbers" comments. "We're building a different kind of team." He went on to say. But they really haven't: The Colts are a one-man show same as they were for much of Manning's time with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 08:15 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
That would be a good place to start. They are really risking the well being of an obscenely high-valued asset with the way they've built that offense. The GM hinted that Luck's large contract has indeed hampered them, so part of that is on Luck himself. It's understandable to pursue as big a deal as you can get but understand there's a finite number the team can spend on player payroll every year and if they use a disproportionate chunk of that number on one player it means lower tier quality elsewhere, including but not limited to the O-line.

In other news, I think the Colts devolving to this is fascinating, especially after Jim Irsay (a grade-A **** waffle if ever one existed) went out of his way to criticize Manning's legacy in Indy with his "Star Wars numbers" comments. "We're building a different kind of team." He went on to say. But they really haven't: The Colts are a one-man show same as they were for much of Manning's time with them.
The thing is, the Colts are struggling. I don't know if it's poor coaching or if it's the offensive line problems. They are just not protecting Luck at all which is why they are a bad team this year.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:27 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
The thing is, the Colts are struggling. I don't know if it's poor coaching or if it's the offensive line problems. They are just not protecting Luck at all which is why they are a bad team this year.
It's a lot of things. But you can't always fix everything all at once. The team is dismal on defense, and outside of Luck, has marginal talent on offense. In my estimation the Colts should go all in on getting that offensive line built up and then scheme to protect Luck (heavy formations, 2 TE sets, etc...) in order to save wear and tear while they address the other weakness down the stretch. If you're not going to win games, at least don't get your top-flight QB killed while you build the team around him.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:27 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
I picked the Rams, all the analysts just picked the Giants because of Rams injuries, we shall see.

Robbie Gould kicks a field goal for the Giants, didn't see anyone come over to him, runs off the field alone? What is up with this team? They were lucky to get Gould on short notice, could have done much worse, good guy, class act.

Last edited by susancruzs; 10-23-2016 at 08:25 AM..

Old 10-23-2016, 12:01 PM

Colts are up 14-6. I thought for sure they would lose to Tennessee. It's been a while since Tennessee beat Indianapolis. Maybe if Indianapolis plays better today they probably won't blow the win like they did at Houston.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:02 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
I love the Dolphins' throwback jerseys. They should really go back to these.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:32 PM

Good game by the Colts. They bounced back after a disappointing loss at Houston. I was afraid that Indianapolis would never get by the Titans but they did. They did blow another lead but unlike last week they held on and won the game.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:32 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
8-2 through the 10 early/Thursday game. %$#k you Ravens and damn Titans .

And yes, for those wondering, I did indeed pick ALL OF Detroit, Philadelphia & Miami, and somehow all 3 ended up winning. That's probably how I got to the 8-2. Better to be lucky than good I guess??

Old 10-23-2016, 02:56 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
7-3 through the early games.

Rightonwalnut....what did I tell you!!!

Old 10-23-2016, 02:58 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Better than me! I'm 4-6, awful and probably going to be worse yet! Good thing it isn't for $$$!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football