Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 09:13 AM

1,281 posts, read 776,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
I sure wish I could get excited about tonight's Jags vs Titans drama.

Actually, it'll be tough even getting all the way up to "excited".

Maybe if I slam down a massive amount of coffee all day...?

Hey, why not? I can sleep next month!

The NBA doubleheader on TNT will likely play a role in many people not watching the jags game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 09:48 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,932,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
The NBA doubleheader on TNT will likely play a role in many people not watching the jags game
Totally sucks that there is no World Series game tonight.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Totally sucks that there is no World Series game tonight.
that definitely could have been another option

Old 10-27-2016, 02:24 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
tonight...

JAX @ TEN

Old 10-27-2016, 02:35 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,082,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
And the Quality of the NFL game offered.

I have said before:
Get rid of London Games
Get Rid of Thursday night games (Except Thanksgivin as tradition)
No regular season games outside of the USA
and now I add

Get rid of Goodell He has been there too long and is ruining the game.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:20 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,391,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
And the Quality of the NFL game offered.

I have said before:
Get rid of London Games
Get Rid of Thursday night games (Except Thanksgiving as tradition)
No regular season games outside of the USA
and now I add

Get rid of Goodell He has been there too long and is ruining the game.
Let's be fair, I'm tired of everybody complaining about the Thursday night games. However, I do agree that the London Games should stop. The only place that the NFL should play games outside the US is Canada.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:50 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,997,713 times
I went 8-7 last week for a total score now of 59-48. Here are my picks for week 8:

Jaguars @ Titans: Titans. There are likely many reasons the league's pri-time ratings are falling. I'm sure the Kaepernick protests are part of it. And I'm sure the election cycle may have an influence on it. But the league is kidding itself if it thinks lame match ups like this in prime time games are not part of the problem. And those ugly color rush uniforms are not helping things!

Redskins @ Bengals (in London): Bengals. The Bengals are far from out of the running for an AFC North title and will play motivated to even out their record. The Redskins losing Matt Jones for this one certainly doesn't help, and Kirk Cousins is going to to need to be mistake free. Either team can win this one, but I think the Bengals are a little better on both sides of the ball.

Chiefs @ Colts: Chiefs. In a crowded AFC West, the Chiefs get a win and remain relevant. In an equally crowded but for a different reason AFC South the Colts get a loss and remain relevant. Such is life in the NFL.

Cardinals @ Panthers: Panthers. Cam Newton returns and the Panthers coming out of a bye tell everyone who will listen the league hasn't heard the last of them in 2016.

Raiders @ Buccaneers: Raiders. The second consecutive Florida game for the Raiders won't be an easy win, but it'll be a win.

Seahawks @ Saints: Seahawks. If good teams rebound after a loss, what does a good team do after a tie?

Lions @ Texans: Texans. Brock Osweiler's 131 yards on 41 attempts against the Broncos is the 2nd fewest in that many attempts in league history. And nearly half of them came against a soft D at the end of the game. Curious...the Broncos are giving up some yardage on the ground and the Texans still saw fit to attempt 41 passes against the league's best secondary? Curious indeed...

Patriots @ Bills: Patriots. You can toss out that 16-0 win over the Patriots a few weeks ago. Toss it right out and insert a two-score win for the Patriots in this one.

Jets @ Browns: Browns. I swore I wouldn't pick them this year but it's not like the Jets are any good either. With Josh McCown returning the Browns have at least a puncher's chance.

Chargers @ Broncos: Broncos. It's tough to sweep a team in the regular season when you play them in such close sequence.

Packers @ Falcons: Falcons. The Falcons get it turned around after a close loss @ Seattle and an OT loss to the Chargers. That 4th down attempt in OT...brilliant if it works, idiotic if it doesn't.

Eagles @ Cowboys: Cowboys. I've already seen the NFL post an article entitled, "Is Wentz-Prescott the next Brady-Manning rivalry?" Please guys...they're both rookies. Just enjoy the ride and stop worrying about over-hyping every little thing about the game.

Vikings @ Bears: Vikings. Jay Cutler returns for the Bears, so there's that.

Enjoy week 8, everyone! Except Chargers fans!

Old 10-27-2016, 04:54 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,391,485 times
Plus, is this the week that the Browns will pick up their first win of the season? We will find out.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:04 PM

45,552 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Season 64-43

Week 8

Titans

Redskins
Packers
Patriots
Jets
Lions
Chiefs
Seahawks
Raiders

Broncos
Cardinals

Cowboys

Vikings

Old 10-27-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Plus, is this the week that the Browns will pick up their first win of the season? We will find out.
No I think Fitzpatrick will be able to move the offense and beat the browns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football