Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 10:22 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times

Advertisements

Jaguars @ Titans
Redskins @ Bengals in London - I don't understand why the NFL wants to send teams over to London during the regular season.
Cardinals @ Panthers
Lions @ Texans
Seahawks @ Saints
Packers @ Falcons Was switched from noon CT to 3:25 CT.
Raiders @ Buccaneers
Patriots @ Bills - Patriots will definitely do better this time against Buffalo because last time they played Buffalo was without Tom Brady and they played terribly.
Jets @ Browns - Maybe the Browns will pick up their first win of the season against the Jets.
Chiefs @ Colts
Chargers @ Broncos

Those are my week 8 picks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 06:15 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Jonathan, you forgot a couple! There are 13 games, 6 teams have a bye. You have 11, missed the Eagles/Cowboys and Vikings/Bears. Two important division games.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:17 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Dear Lord!!!! Can the Thursday games get any worse than this week's game?

Old 10-25-2016, 06:22 AM

It was bad and makes you wonder why Texans paid Brock the big bucks. Thursday night football is not a great product. This week, Jaguars and Titans.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:03 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Jaguars @ Titans-Well, at least the NFL is getting the worst game of the week out of the way. It should be close, but will anybody be watching? I thought about picking a tie here, but what are the odds of that? I'll just go with the home team. I like Mariota and I remember the Titans usually have a pretty decent defense.

Redskins vs. Bengals (London)-Alright! More breakfast football. I'll have to make some crumpets and tea for this one. This will probably be the best game the poor Brits will get to see in this craptacular London series. I'll go with the Bengals just because they need to win some more games to get that second wild card and inevitably lose in the first round again.

Cardinals @ Panthers-Panthers are coming off a bye week. I'd like to think that would help them get rested and right the ship, but both the Vikings and Eagles lost after their respective bye weeks. Cardinals find themselves in a must-win situation due to their special teams blunders. I have to wonder if Bruce Arians is going to survive the season. One more missed kick and he's going to have a heart attack on the sidelines. Palmer should find it a lot easier to move the ball against the Panthers who give up a lot of passing yards.

Lions @ Texans-It's understood that Brock Osweiler is a colossal waste of money. The best he can be is serviceable. Lions have a habit of making bad or mediocre QBs look good. Texans are undefeated at home, and I never pick Matthew Stafford on the road. Yeah, they've won 3 in a row, but they're not in Detroit anymore.

Seahawks @ Saints-I'd like to take Drew Brees at home here, but that Seahawks defense is better than Saints offense. Seahawks will find a (possibly illegal) way to eke out an ugly victory.

Packers @ Falcons-Packers are playing the Falcons at the right time as they nosedive into another downward spiral this season. Falcons will lose their third close game in a row.

Raiders @ Buccaneers-Derek Carr will do what my 49ers failed to do and smoke a Winston. Raiders are true road warriors. They're 4-0 on the road this season. I wonder if they're just staying in Florida since they were at Jacksonville in Week 7.

Patriots @ Bills-With revenge on their minds and Tom Brady back under center, Pats will keep rolling. I think Bill Belichick would rather draw up plays on a napkin than use an IPad.

Jets @ Browns-Could this be the week the Browns get a win? It's definitely their best chance. I'll bite since I'm not picking the Jets this season. I'd be more surprised by the Indians winning the World Series against my Cubbies than the Brownies winning this game.

Chiefs @ Colts-The Chiefs will quietly continue to go about their business of winning football games as Andrew Luck continues to run for his life on the football field.

Chargers @ Broncos-I expect a different result at Mile High. Denver is a much better team at home as visiting teams struggle with the altitude.

Eagles @ Cowboys-Would somebody please beat the Cowboys? My 49ers couldn't do it and Susan's Packers couldn't do it. Hopefully Calico's Eagles can get the job done. Cowboys fans are getting too smug.

Vikings @ Bears-Viqueens looked terrible against the Eagles, but there's no better slumpbuster than Da Bears. Jay Cutler is coming back, so the Vikings should win this easily.

Last edited by maniac77; 10-25-2016 at 11:35 AM..

Old 10-25-2016, 12:50 PM

Jaguars @ Titans
Redskins @ Bengals
Chiefs
@ Colts
Cardinals @ Panthers
Raiders @ Buccaneers
Seahawks @ Saints
Lions @ Texans
Patriots @ Bills
Jets @ Browns
Chargers @ Broncos
Packers
@ Falcons - can GB win? No regular RB, top 3 corners out, who covers Julio???
Eagles @ Cowboys
Vikings
@ Bears

Bye: 49ers, Dolphins, Giants, Rams, Ravens, Steelers

Picking only 4 home teams to win. I would like Texans to beat the Lions but watching Brock was painful and Stafford is playing lights out. As for the Cowboys, don't want them to win either but a pick maybe to help my statistics?

Last edited by susancruzs; 10-25-2016 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Addition

Old 10-25-2016, 01:46 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Jaguars @ Titans-Well, at least the NFL is getting the worst game of the week out of the way. It should be close, but will anybody be watching? I thought about picking a tie here, but what are the odds of that? I'll just go with the home team. I like Mariota and I remember the Titans usually have a pretty decent defense.

Redskins vs. Bengals (London)-Alright! More breakfast football. I'll have to make some crumpets and tea for this one. This will probably be the best game the poor Brits will get to see in this craptacular London series. I'll go with the Bengals just because they need to win some more games to get that second wild card and inevitably lose in the first round again.

Cardinals @ Panthers-Panthers are coming off a bye week. I'd like to think that would help them get rested and right the ship, but both the Vikings and Eagles lost after their respective bye weeks. Cardinals find themselves in a must-win situation due to their special teams blunders. I have to wonder if Bruce Arians is going to survive the season. One more missed kick and he's going to have a heart attack on the sidelines. Palmer should find it a lot easier to move the ball against the Panthers who give up a lot of passing yards.

Lions @ Texans-It's understood that Brock Osweiler is a colossal waste of money. The best he can be is serviceable. Lions have a habit of making bad or mediocre QBs look good. Texans are undefeated at home, and I never pick Matthew Stafford on the road. Yeah, they've won 3 in a row, but they're not in Detroit anymore.

Seahawks @ Saints-I'd like to take Drew Brees at home here, but that Seahawks defense is better than Saints offense. Seahawks will find a (possibly illegal) way to eke out an ugly victory.

Packers @ Falcons-Packers are playing the Falcons at the right time as they nosedive into another downward spiral this season. Falcons will lose their third close game in a row.

Raiders @ Buccaneers-Derek Carr will do what my 49ers failed to do and smoke a Winston. Raiders are true road warriors. They're 4-0 on the road this season. I wonder if they're just staying in Florida since they were at Jacksonville in Week 7.

Patriots @ Bills-With revenge on their minds and Tom Brady back under center, Pats will keep rolling. I think Bill Belichick would rather draw up plays on a napkin than use an IPad.

Jets @ Browns-Could this be the week the Browns get a win? It's definitely their best chance. I'll bite since I'm not picking the Jets this season. I'd be more surprised by the Indians winning the World Series against my Cubbies than the Brownies winning this game.

Chiefs @ Colts-The Chiefs will quietly continue to go about their business of winning football games as Andrew Luck continues to run for his life on the football field.

Chargers @ Broncos-I expect a different result at Mile High. Denver is a much better team at home as visiting teams struggle with the altitude.

Eagles @ Cowboys-Would somebody please beat the Cowboys? My 49ers couldn't do it and Susan's Packers couldn't do it. Hopefully Calico's Eagles can get the job done. Cowboys fans are getting too smug.

Vikings @ Bears-Viqueens looked terrible against the Eagles, but there's no better slumpbuster than Da Bears. Jay Cutler is coming back, so the Vikings should win this easily.

Cowboys always seem to lose to the eagles in dallas and beat them in philly so you will probably get your wish.

Old 10-25-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
It was bad and makes you wonder why Texans paid Brock the big bucks. Thursday night football is not a great product. This week, Jaguars and Titans.
Thank god the NBA is back now on Thursday nights

Old 10-25-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Dear Lord!!!! Can the Thursday games get any worse than this week's game?
All jaguars games should air at 1pm. Definitely not any Thursday night games for people who want to see a good game.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:22 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Jaguars @ Titans - Lol... What a garbage pile.
Redskins @ Bengals
Cardinals @ Panthers - The Battle to see which team is more disappointing.
Lions @ Texans
Seahawks @ Saints
Packers @ Falcons
Raiders @ Buccaneers
Patriots @ Bills - If not now, when? Buffalo has a lot of their great playmakers out, but if they are for real about being for real, they'll find a way to win.
Jets @ Browns - Cycle of Fitz. He almost lost the starting role so now he will be good for a few weeks.
Chiefs @ Colts
Chargers @ Broncos
Vikings @ Bears
Eagles @ Cowboys - I love NFC East match ups. Hope I catch this one.

Last edited by juppiter; 10-25-2016 at 04:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football