Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 09:37 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times

Advertisements

...the NFL will see a team reach a league-high 9th Super Bowl this season. The Patriots and Steelers have both made the trip 8 times and with these two teams the last standing in the AFC, someone is getting a 9th. Like or dislike these teams, that's pretty special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 09:44 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,619,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
...the NFL will see a team reach a league-high 9th Super Bowl this season. The Patriots and Steelers have both made the trip 8 times and with these two teams the last standing in the AFC, someone is getting a 9th. Like or dislike these teams, that's pretty special.
Haha. Does anyone really like them other than Steeler or Patriot fans? It comes with the territory. The way things are working out I think were in for two great Conference Championship games and a great Super Bowl as well no matter the match up.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:51 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,008,290 times
Hopefully. There have been 2, maybe 3, good playoff games so far.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:57 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I thought both of today's games were pretty good. Even the Texans @ Patriots game was good in the first half. That Texans offense...just unwatchable and it undermined a great defensive effort.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:58 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,619,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I'd just be shocked if these were not great games coming up. All three of them.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:05 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,008,290 times
In my mind, both Packers games were good, and the Falcons game was pretty decent. The rest I found to range from pretty boring to horrible. I do think the rest of the games will be good, aside from the pro bowl.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:20 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
there is no dominant defensive team left, all 4 are pass happy offenses with a bad to average run game.

years and years of Defense wins the SB might not be the case this year.

In a points only vacuum, the Pats look the most balanced at being 3rd in scoring and the best in points against-this may seem contradictory to the first sentence of no dominant defenses, but this team does not have a scary game-changing defensive player like Von Miller.

Old 01-16-2017, 07:17 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,803,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Haha. Does anyone really like them other than Steeler or Patriot fans? It comes with the territory. The way things are working out I think were in for two great Conference Championship games and a great Super Bowl as well no matter the match up.
I don't think the casual fans want to see either New England, Pittsburgh or Green Bay win. The Falcons are clearly the team the rest of America wants to win the title.

mod note--2nd quoted post and its reply have been deleted

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-16-2017 at 08:05 AM..

Old 01-16-2017, 08:03 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i want the steelers to crush the patriots to the point that brady is so embarrassed that he decides to retire the next day to save what ever face he has left.
Let's see... four titles, 2x league MVP, 3x Super Bowl MVP, six trips to the big game, fifteen consecutive winning seasons as a starter, owner of pretty much every postseason passing record there is, MVP contender this season...

...and you think any sort of loss will leave Brady with little face left?

OK...

Old 01-16-2017, 08:50 AM

5,225 posts, read 6,150,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Let's see... four titles, 2x league MVP, 3x Super Bowl MVP, six trips to the big game, fifteen consecutive winning seasons as a starter, owner of pretty much every postseason passing record there is, MVP contender this season...

...and you think any sort of loss will leave Brady with little face left?

OK...

Agree with the above. Tom Brady, Coach B and the Patriots organization have their records, and accomplishments cemented in history that can never be taken away.

While deflategate has made this a sort of payback year for the Pats who would like nothing better to do than shove it in the commissioners face.......a loss will not be the end of the world for this team.

There are so many players out there who would sell their soul (pun intended) to achieve just one Super Bowl win and the ever wanted and most desired ring.

As far as the playoffs this weekend.........I was pretty happy with the down to the wire win/loss for the majority of the games.

My two cents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football