Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 05:03 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,227,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
But why are people acting like Romo is Tom Brady?
Romo should never be mentioned in the same breath as Tom Brady....unless you are looking for an example of a
QB that is everything Tom Brady "isn't" as in durable, clutch, winner, playoff bound, multiple SB winner....

And I think you have the dynamics reversed, in the current Cowboy drama the part of Tom Brady is being played by Dak Prescott, Tony Romo is playing the part of Drew Bledsoe

There is a very funny meme that explains the scenario perfectly...4 degrees of Tom Brady

https://onsizzle.com/i/dallas-cowboy...rady-d-4486000

Old 12-12-2016, 05:06 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Sorry but I don't caere about your betting sites Blue. There is a reason why Vegas has those big fancy buildings. I concede Dak has fallen out of the running. That said, he still more worry this year than Wilson. No question in my mind.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Sorry but I don't caere about your betting sites Blue. There is a reason why Vegas has those big fancy buildings. I concede Dak has fallen out of the running. That said, he still more worry this year than Wilson. No question in my mind.
You are correct....there is a reason why they have all those fancy buildings in Vegas...because the betting lines are rarely wrong....Vegas loses money if they undervalue Prescott and he goes on to win the award...

Old 12-12-2016, 08:47 PM

71 posts, read 44,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Don't know what sites you are looking at but Brady is still very much in the race with some handicapping sites having him still in the lead.

He doesn't need 15 TD's to win he just needs to avoid having the same kind of melt downs the other front runners like Carr and Ryan have had of late..

I still don't think he wins it and not because the team went 3-1 without him, anyone who actually watches the games knows how much better the Pats have played since Brady's return

Not winning has more to do with voter antipathy and looking for the "next big thing" which is why I think someone new gets it this year whether its Stafford, Ryan, Elliot or even Carr if he plays himself back into the discussion..
Baltimore needs to hit 18 points tonight or NE will have the best defense in the NFL by points allowed.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyriser18 View Post
Baltimore needs to hit 18 points tonight or NE will have the best defense in the NFL by points allowed.
They were tied.....

NE gave up fewer points.....NE had the number 1 defense by points and if not for 2 horrible special team gaffes it wouldn't have been close.... they are number 2

Oh and with what Brady just did against the supposed best defense in football he is likely the MVP leader again

Old 12-12-2016, 10:01 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,436 times
Quote:
They were tied.....

NE gave up fewer points.....NE had the number 1 defense by points and if not for 2 horrible special team gaffes it wouldn't have been close.... they are number 2

Oh and with what Brady just did against the supposed best defense in football he is likely the MVP leader again

I turned it off after 16-0 because I knew the ravens lost

Old 12-12-2016, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
I turned it off after 16-0 because I knew the ravens lost
Well you missed a hell of a game then

Old 12-12-2016, 10:15 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,436 times
Quote:
Well you missed a hell of a game then
Yeah I heard the Ravens cut the 23-3 lead to 23-17.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:25 AM

71 posts, read 44,689 times
Quote:
They were tied.....

Dak shredded them too. NE is a playoff team without Brady.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:04 AM

5,822 posts, read 5,630,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyriser18 View Post
Dak shredded them too.
This. If you go back to last month I said on here that Baltimore has quite the overrated defense. Against Dallas, they sucked against the run. Versus New England, they sucked against the pass. This is a very exploitable defense in what has been a horrible year for NFL defenses--there isn't an elite defense in the league in '16, not truly elite. The Ravens have the benefit of being a top defense this year, but I have seen nothing with the "eye test" to validate them as a No.1 or 2 defense, and if you look at my assessment I'm going back to the Redskins/Ravens game, I watched them play the Browns and Bengals, etc...

That said, scoring matters in this league and being amongst the fewest points allowed absolutely makes them one of the better defenses this year. But for my money, Arizona has a better defense. Seattle has a better defense. I'm tempted to say the Patriots have a better defense. I've watched seven Ravens games this year. The best defensI've performances of the year were the 6-6 AZ/Sea tie, and apart from that, both the Cardinals and Seahawks have turned in defensive performances in other games better than any Ravens performance I've seen all year. The Seahawks played this same exact Patriots team, at Foxboro, with Amendola and Gronk playing no less, and while not the cleanest defensive performance, played in such a valuable and epic way that proves that the Seahawks defense at the top of their game is a level ahead of the Ravens defense...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football