Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 12:00 PM

5,932 posts, read 5,738,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
You have to understand the mindset....the Skins and the Eagles have always felt like the little brothers of the NFC East....even when Dallas is bad in the standings, they still generate interest....NY is the hub of the world so the Giants will get their press....The Skins are a very regional team. They don't travel well on the road like the Pats, Pitts, GB, Giants, Dallas....There has always been that jealousy that Skins fans have when talking about the Cowboys and Giants....So if a Cowboy player or team gets props like they always do, the Skins fan will scream out "What about us!!!!"....its typical
The Redskins have quite a large fan base, so negative to them being "a regional team". I lived in Albany, NY, which is where the Giants hold their training camp and cleat Giants counter, and I knew quite a few Redskins fans. I even knew a gut who was a Redskins season ticket holders, born and raised New Yorker. There is a New York Redskins fan chapter in both NY State and New York City...

Washington, DC is the biggest media city in the entire nation outside of NY and LA. The Redskins get plenty of press...

The nly team who travels well above the others is the Cowboys. The Redskins and Giants are about equal in popularity, the Giants have just been more successful recently. Philly would have the smallest fan base. But I'll speak for all Redskins and say I've never felt a little brother pull with the Boys...

Just clarifying some of your stated misconceptions!

Old 11-30-2016, 12:01 PM

1,281 posts, read 782,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Carr would easily be my choice over Prescott.
I would too and I'm a cowboys fan

Old 11-30-2016, 12:12 PM

158 posts, read 74,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
The Redskins have quite a large fan base, so negative to them being "a regional team". I lived in Albany, NY, which is where the Giants hold their training camp and cleat Giants counter, and I knew quite a few Redskins fans. I even knew a gut who was a Redskins season ticket holders, born and raised New Yorker. There is a New York Redskins fan chapter in both NY State and New York City...

Washington, DC is the biggest media city in the entire nation outside of NY and LA. The Redskins get plenty of press...

The nly team who travels well above the others is the Cowboys. The Redskins and Giants are about equal in popularity, the Giants have just been more successful recently. Philly would have the smallest fan base. But I'll speak for all Redskins and say I've never felt a little brother pull with the Boys...

Just clarifying some of your stated misconceptions!

You speak as if your opinion is fact....it isn't....and as a Skins fan, you are going to be biased....that's what fans do....I would hope the Redskins get plenty of "press" in Wash, its their hometown ....Turn on ESPN on any given night, even before this season. Dallas gets twice the press as the Skins or Eagles....its just the way it is. They are catering to the popularity

Old 11-30-2016, 12:47 PM

5,932 posts, read 5,738,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
You speak as if your opinion is fact....it isn't....and as a Skins fan, you are going to be biased....that's what fans do....I would hope the Redskins get plenty of "press" in Wash, its their hometown ....Turn on ESPN on any given night, even before this season. Dallas gets twice the press as the Skins or Eagles....its just the way it is. They are catering to the popularity
Man stop it, you speak as if YOUR statements are fact. Cut it out...

Are you not able of reading or comprehending? I just said the Cowboys have a larger popularity and fan base than the Skins and Eagles. You're probably not from the East Coast, but here's a news flash, the Cowboys have twice the fan base than the Giants, too...

YOU said the Redskins have a little brother attitude, based on what? YOUR opinion? You also said Redskins fans have a jealousy of the Cowboys and their fans. Based on what, your opinion again? It certainly isn't about press, which you stated so matter of factly as if the Redskins get no press. The entire NFC East gets substantial press...it isn't jealousy about championships. We have 5, the Cowboys have 5. We haven't won it all in 25 years, Cowboys haven't won it all in 21 years. Nothing to be jealous of there. What are we jealous of?

This matter-of-fact, know-it-all tone you've taken can go back where you got it from. Where do you even live anyway? Just admit that you didn't realize the Redskins have a large fan base outside of Metro DC. You were wrong. It's okay to be wrong, fam...

Old 11-30-2016, 01:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,991,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I just looked again at the stats on NFL.com.

Dak Prescott is 33rd in pass attempts per game. There are only 32 teams in the NFL, so that means a backup QB is averaging more pass attempts per game than Dak.

Zeke Elliot and/or the Dallas offensive line should definitely be in the running for MVP. But Dak, as good as he's been, is nothing more than an efficient game manager. Nowhere near the level of MVP play. Hell, Dak isn't even the most valuable player on his team. Elliot destroys Dak as far as who is the most important player for Dallas.

When compared the "top QBs," when you look at what is being asked of them, Ryan, Rodgers, Brady, Cousins, Rivers, Ryan, Brees....ALL those QBs are asked to carry their teams' offense. They are all "gunslingers" who are asked to put their team on their shoulders week in and week out and lead their teams to victory. Dak is asked to handoff to Elliot most of the time.

ARE SOME OF YOU FOLKS REALLY CONSIDERING A QB WHO IS LITERALLY DEAD LAST IN THE NFL IN PASS ATTEMPTS PER GAME? FOR MVP?! Really, guys??
there is a lot mmore to being quarterback than just pass attempts. what is his completion percentage? how many touchdowns has he thrown for? how many touchdowns has he run for? how many rushing yards does he have? how many interceptions? what is he worth to the team? has he done the little things necessary to win games?

Old 11-30-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Man stop it, you speak as if YOUR statements are fact. Cut it out...

Are you not able of reading or comprehending? I just said the Cowboys have a larger popularity and fan base than the Skins and Eagles. You're probably not from the East Coast, but here's a news flash, the Cowboys have twice the fan base than the Giants, too...

YOU said the Redskins have a little brother attitude, based on what? YOUR opinion? You also said Redskins fans have a jealousy of the Cowboys and their fans. Based on what, your opinion again? It certainly isn't about press, which you stated so matter of factly as if the Redskins get no press. The entire NFC East gets substantial press...it isn't jealousy about championships. We have 5, the Cowboys have 5. We haven't won it all in 25 years, Cowboys haven't won it all in 21 years. Nothing to be jealous of there. What are we jealous of?

This matter-of-fact, know-it-all tone you've taken can go back where you got it from. Where do you even live anyway? Just admit that you didn't realize the Redskins have a large fan base outside of Metro DC. You were wrong. It's okay to be wrong, fam...

Born in Plano, live in NY (past 30 yrs)....we still count the "barnstorming" championships of 1937 and 1942 when you were playing teams like the Acme Meat Packers and the Canton Bulldogs on the level of Super Bowls? really? seriously?....You have 3 real championships, Dallas has 5

Old 11-30-2016, 02:04 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,143,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
there is a lot mmore to being quarterback than just pass attempts. what is his completion percentage? how many touchdowns has he thrown for? how many touchdowns has he run for? how many rushing yards does he have? how many interceptions? what is he worth to the team? has he done the little things necessary to win games?
My point is, the Dallas offense is built around that offensive line and Ezekiel Elliot. Dak is more of a compliment to that. Take my QB for example, Kirk Cousins. Kirk IS the Redskins offense. The offense flows through Kirk Cousins. Same for Brees, Rivers, etc. Gunslingers.

Question to everybody: Seeing as how the Cowboys are 1st in rushing attempts and dead last in pass attempts in the NFL, you could probably swap out Dak Prescott with any of the the top 12-13 QBs in the NFL and Dallas is still 10-1. Agree or disagree?

Dak is very good at his job. Mostly he just hands it off to Elliot. But when Dak is asked to throw, he makes safe, smart, accurate throws. I know pass attempts aren't everything, but it supports my point that, when you're 33rd in pass attempts per game, not a whole lot is asked of you as a QB compared to guys like Brees & Cousins who lead the NFL in pass attempts.

A QB with the fewest pass attempts in the NFL just can't be in the MVP conversation. I'm sorry.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:21 PM

1,281 posts, read 782,373 times
Quote:
My point is, the Dallas offense is built around that offensive line and Ezekiel Elliot. Dak is more of a compliment to that. Take my QB for example, Kirk Cousins. Kirk IS the Redskins offense. The offense flows through Kirk Cousins. Same for Brees, Rivers, etc. Gunslingers.

Question to everybody: Seeing as how the Cowboys are 1st in rushing attempts and dead last in pass attempts in the NFL, you could probably swap out Dak Prescott with any of the the top 12-13 QBs in the NFL and Dallas is still 10-1. Agree or disagree?

Dak is very good at his job. Mostly he just hands it off to Elliot. But when Dak is asked to throw, he makes safe, smart, accurate throws. I know pass attempts aren't everything, but it supports my point that, when you're 33rd in pass attempts per game, not a whole lot is asked of you as a QB compared to guys like Brees & Cousins who lead the NFL in pass attempts.

A QB with the fewest pass attempts in the NFL just can't be in the MVP conversation. I'm sorry.

Carr should be mvp but I'm definitely not calling dak a game manager. Game manager are unable to buy time and run when the defense is on their tail.

Alex Smith is a game manager

Old 11-30-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
My point is, the Dallas offense is built around that offensive line and Ezekiel Elliot. Dak is more of a compliment to that. Take my QB for example, Kirk Cousins. Kirk IS the Redskins offense. Kirk Cousins is much more valuable to his team and plays a much bigger role in the offense than Dak is to his team.

Disagree....I will stay in the NFC East....I don't think they are 10-1 with any of the other starting QB's in the NFC East.

So now that's a negative that he throws less than any other QB? Isn't the name of the game "winning"? Hows his completion %? Hows his TD to Int ratio....that doesn't count? Are you claiming that the most important stat is how many attempts?

As far as Cousins goes....all of a sudden Cousins is the "annointed" one....Redskin fans wanted no part of signing him long term in the off season, now after throwing for 450 yds against Dallas on Thanksgiving, he IS the Wash offense????

He is 13-8-1 career, 6-4-1 this year....they have a solid receiving corps in Reed, Crowder, Jackson and Garcon....I like Cousins, I liked him out of Mich State. I think he is a good young QB. Would I put him in the "elite" status yet. No way, not even close....Some fan mindset is so "what have you done for me lately" and all about the "NOW"....Do this for 4,5,6 yrs consistently, then you can be talked about in ELITE status

I will spin it for you....Put Eli on the Redskins....they 6-4-1? I would say yes they are....I will say with Prescott on the Redskins, they would be 6-4-1....Hell, Wentz has won 5 games with basically NO receivers and Darren Sproles at RB

Old 11-30-2016, 03:35 PM

6,806 posts, read 5,696,249 times
Quote:

I disagree... I think the REason the Cowboys are 10-1 is because DAK doesn't try to do too much and most of your top 12-13 QBs would be doing more. the coaches would be taking more chances.. If Romo were starting instead of Dak, the Cowboys would be 7-4 or 8-3 at best.. That's the beauty of Dak but its also what will ultimately disqualify him from MVP consideration, not how many pass attempts he has, nobody pays attention to that.. as long as he is passing the ball 20-30 times a game and completing 65% then that is a MOOT point..

Personally, i don't think there is QB in the league right now outside of Tom Brady that could have the Cowboys at 10-1 besides Dak. Not because they are not good enough but because they are not unselfish enough. Most top QBs today certainly would enjoy a RB that gets 150 yards but as soon as their stats started to suffer, most would start audibling out of those dumb 3 yard running plays to more exotic stuff and lets be honest, most Coaches would WANT them to audible as well..

There is no doubt that Dak was a game manager the 1st month of the season and as the season has progressed he has been asked to do more and more and he has been asked to make more plays and he passed EVERY test so far.. Eventually, he is going to single handedly win a game for the Cowboys because either Zeke is out hurt or some stout defense is gonna truly stack the box and force the Cowboys to beat them with Daks arm.. Until he does that, there will be doubters..

Obviously Dak would not be as productive without Zeke and the opposite is true, couple that with the fact they are both ROOKIEs and that alone disqualifies both as MVP candidates in many pundits eyes.. i'm good with that because as nice as an MVP would feel, it doesn't hold a candle to the Lombardi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football