Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 04:01 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times

Advertisements

Week 12 Picks: Bye-bye! NO BYES - during Turkey-Gobble Week!

Vikings @ LionsGobble ‘em up, Detroit!
Redskins @ Cowboys – Beat the stuffin out of ‘em, Dallas!
Steelers @ Colts – Take them turkeys down, Indy!

Titans @ Bears – Ten-u-won’t, six-u-will, Marcus!
Jaguars @ Bills – Buffalo looking good!
Bengals @ Ravens – Cincy drops another!
Cardinals @ Falcons – My weekly crazy HOMER pick!
Giants @ Browns – Eli’s turn to thump Cleveland!
Rams @ Saints – Lambs meander into a Nawlins meat grinder!
49ers @ Dolphins – Miami throttles Frisco!
Chargers @ Texans – O$weiler switches the Bolts lights OFF!
Seahawks @ Buccaneers – Pirate ship sinks in Tampa Bay!
Patriots @ Jets – Airplanes grounded by Brady Bunch!
Panthers @ Raiders – Black & Silver getting SHINIER every week!

Chiefs @ Broncos – Denver D lassos KC!
Packers @ Eagles – Pickin the Pack with HOMER Susan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 04:27 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Jonathan! Just a note, Cardinals are at Falcons Week 12 according to NFL.com.
Thanks, Susan! This time it's Minnesota that plays Detroit in Thanksgiving. Quite frankly, I'm tired of playing Detroit at Thanksgiving because it's boring.

Old 11-22-2016, 04:46 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
I think the Vikings/Lions will be interesting. Lions are hard to figure, they are always playing from behind, never with the lead. How long can they keep that up? I picked the Lions because Stafford is the better QB.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:24 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
So Scott may play instead of Luck? Hmm, should I change my Colts pick??? Nope, I'll stick with it.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:06 PM

11,250 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Vikings @ Lions
Redskins @ Cowboys
Steelers @ Colts
Titans @ Bears
Jaguars @ Bills
Bengals @ Ravens
Cardinals @ Falcons
Giants @ Browns
Rams @ Saints
49ers @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Texans
Seahawks @ Buccaneers
Patriots @ Jets
Panthers @ Raiders
Chiefs @ Broncos
Packers @ Eagles

Last Week: 12-2
Season: 100-59-2

Old 11-22-2016, 09:58 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,697,111 times
10-4 last week.
86-75 on the season.

Vikings @ Lions
Redskins @ Cowboys
Steelers @ Colts
Titans @ Bears
Jaguars @ Bills
Bengals @ Ravens
Cardinals @ Falcons
Giants @ Browns
Rams @ Saints
49ers @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Texans
Seahawks @ Buccaneers
Patriots @ Jets
Panthers @ Raiders
Chiefs @ Broncos
Packers @ Eagles

Old 11-22-2016, 10:22 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Vikings @ Lions
Redskins @ Cowboys
Steelers @ Colts
Titans @ Bears
Jaguars @ Bills
Bengals @ Ravens
Cardinals @ Falcons
Giants @ Browns
Rams @ Saints
49ers @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Texans
Seahawks @ Buccaneers
Patriots @ Jets
Panthers @ Raiders
Chiefs @ Broncos
Packers @ Eagles

Old 11-22-2016, 10:51 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times
I am really losing hopes for the Packers because of how poorly they've been playing. They keep losing key players which is probably what's hurting them the most.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:04 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on the board! Here's how I've done so far:

Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 9-7
Week 3: 8-8
Week 4: 8-7
Week 5: 6-8
Week 6: 9-6
Week 7: 8-7
Week 8: 9-4
Week 9: 10-3
Week 10: 7-7
Week 11: 11-3

Total: 96-65

My picks for this week:

Thanksgiving Day:

Vikings @ Lions: Lions. They've very quietly played themselves into a pretty solid season and have some momentum right now.

Redskins @ Cowboys: Redskins. Nothing but a guess going into this one. After last week maybe I should do all my picks like that!

Steelers @ Colts: Colts. In a barn burner. Neither team has a good defense and both may crack 30 in this one.

All the rest:

Bengals @ Ravens: Ravens. Sooner or later someone is going to take charge in the AFC North. Why not the Ravens?

Rams @ Saints: Saints. Goff making his first road start and he's doing it in a place that's hard to win.

Cardinals @ Falcons: Falcons. With the teams in the NFC South now starting to look halfway decent the Falcons can't flinch, even though they got out to a better start than the others.

49ers @ Dolphins: Dolphins. They've put themselves into a position to compete for a playoff spot and host a shoddy 49ers team. Hold serve and they're going to be tied for that 6th playoff spot in the AFC.

Jaguars @ Bills: Bills. While they've been up and down this season they're still a lot better than the perennially down Jaguars.

Titans @ Bears: Titans. This team has evened its record and then fallen below .500 several times this season. They even it out again this week. Can they do anything with it this time?

Giants @ Browns: Giants. If you are a fan of any of the other NFC East teams you're looking at your rivals' matchup and hoping for some help and respite. And your shoulders probably slumped when you saw who the Giants were playing this week.

Chargers @ Texans: Chargers. Despite their 4-6 record there is just something about this Chargers team that makes it hard for me to ever count them out. I hope I'm wrong about this pick because that AFC West is crowded right now.

Seahawks @ Buccaneers: Seahawks. I almost picked the Bucs in an upset, especially after the way they handled the Chiefs in KC but I'm sticking with the smart pick this time.

Patriots @ Jets: Patriots. While compromised on defense after the Jones trade at the beginning of the season and more recently the Collins trade. But they still have enough on that side of the ball to make this one a snoozer early.

Panthers @ Raiders: Raiders. And with this win the Raiders mark their first season over .500 since 2002!

Chiefs @ Broncos: Broncos. The Broncos had better be wary playing a good Chiefs team after a loss. It certainly helps they are coming out of a bye. A fast start, something the Broncos haven't really and all year, would go a long toward a win in this one.

Packers @ Eagles: Eagles. You have to admire the way this Eagles team is hanging tough in a ridiculous division.

Again, happy Thanksgiving to everyone and I hope you have a great week!

Old 11-23-2016, 09:39 AM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Last week: 11-3
Overall: 99-60 (I think I screwed up my total, but don't feel like going back to check it out, so let's just leave it at this).

Minnesota @ Detroit. Everyone should be thankful the Lions have a decent team which will make the Lions game watchable, so I can watch this on the couch instead of at the dinner table with the family!
Washington @ Dallas. Jerry Jones should be thankful teams passed for 3 rounds on Dak Prescott.
Indianapolis @ Pittsburgh. Steelers should be thankful their division is utter trash and they are still alive for the playoffs.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football