Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2016, 03:55 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times

Advertisements

Murksiderock,
good stuff..
except for the part about the Cowboys!!!
still, good stuff!

Old 12-26-2016, 06:09 AM

5,706 posts, read 3,774,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Dolphins clinch a playoff berth... where is LargeKingCat?
. Even I, someone who's generally optimistic, thought a winning season would be a stretch this year.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:18 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
Great post and watch out for those Packers (providing they can beat those Lions)! Go Pack Go!

The game tonight is huge for the Lions, Redskins and Bucs. Lions win then Redskins and Bucs have to hope Lions can beat the Packers. Both teams are in a must win situation for their final games.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:46 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
I called that defense overrated back in early October when I saw the Cleveland Browns move the ball at will in the first half of that TNF game!

The Ravens were blessed with a soft schedule this year. Against real playoff contender teams all year, they went 2-6, the only wins at home vs a beat up Steelers team and an impressive win to end the Dolphins streak. But they didn't play the road well and lost back to back home games to the Raiders and Redskins, at the Giants, at the Cowboys, at the Patriots, at the Steelers. The fact is this team underachieved against superior competition and found a way to lose close games. If they just go 3-5 in those games, they are probably in the playoffs; 4-4 would have them 10-5 right now and they'd be in. This team underachieved vs superior talent and for all the grief the offense got, in each one of those losses I just named, that defense was picked apart at stretches late in the game; they could not get the opposing offenses off the field when it mattered...

I watched parts of ten Ravens games this year. I love statistics just as much as anyone but I also watch the game, the matchups, the changes in plan and assignments as the game wears on, the things stats can't give you. I said it on here before the Cowboys game and it holds true to this moment. There are probably 5 defenses in the league better than the Ravens this year. New England qualifies, and Arizona and Seattle certainly qualify, and while all of those defenses had moments of weakness this year, they typically played outstanding against great competition (except the Patriots; the best QB they played all year was Russell Wilson and he absolutely destroyed them with 350 yards and 3 touchdowns, no turnovers). Which will take me to my next point:
Do you mean the Sunday afternoon game in September? TNF game in November, the Browns were completely useless (144 yards of offense). Heck, they used a timeout before the first play of the game.

It doesn't matter if they went 2-6 against playoff contenders. Recall in 2008 that they went something like 2-5 against playoff teams, yet still made it to the AFC Championship game. They're the type of team to lose regular season games against good teams only to win in the playoffs. This year their offense was just 1000 times worse than it was on paper. Their defense, while much better than last year's, also had the same problem as last year: couldn't get off the field for the last drive of the game. That lost them games to Oakland, New York, and Pittsburgh. They knew the end of the year would be tough for them and needed to stack up wins before the bye. They should have been a minimum of 5-2. 3-4 just wasn't good enough. The only reason they were still in it was because they were 4-0 in the division.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:31 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
What a shame. Bills get the hell they needed from the Jags and Steelers but they forgot to hold up their end of the bargain against the Dolphins in a 34-31 overtime loss. A game that featured some of the worst defense you will ever see.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
What a shame. Bills get the hell they needed from the Jags and Steelers but they forgot to hold up their end of the bargain against the Dolphins in a 34-31 overtime loss. A game that featured some of the worst defense you will ever see.
Rex will probably put together an awesome thrashing of the Jets next weekend to trick the organization into not firing him this year.

Old 12-26-2016, 11:00 AM

1,281 posts, read 776,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I thought the Bucs might win that game, but Saints are always tough at home.

Their offense goes missing most of the time which is not good when playing in a playoff game.

Old 12-26-2016, 11:02 AM

The Dolphins look like the scary team in the AFC. The Chiefs look like a one and done team since their offense falls to sleep after they score 14 to 20 pts.

Old 12-26-2016, 11:45 AM

The Dolphins are done. They'll get killed in Pittsburgh.

Old 12-26-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
The Dolphins are done. They'll get killed in Pittsburgh.
The steelers team who was dead last night until the refs flag brought them to life? I would put my money on the dolphins to beat the steelers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football