Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 01:56 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,091,923 times

Advertisements

.........are in the works
I like to get a couple of weeks of preseason to see who may pan out, get injured or get put out to Pasture....
Of Course, there are many variables to consider....coaching changes, strength of schedule, strength of bench later on, ......
And it is not just pulling names out of a hat, although sometimes that would be just as good

I look through the Magazines like Athlon, Pro Football Preview, etc It seems that even the paid writers never seem to predict things accurately.
That is because football is not a 100% Predictable game. There are way too many variables, which leads to the fact that on any given Sunday, anyone can beat anyone else.

SO I am looking into the season, to see who the CAT is going to predict, and when I get it finished, in a couple of weeks, I will post it right here in Living COLOR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 05:10 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Can't wait! I always enjoy those! Thanks, looking forward to it!

Old 08-16-2016, 05:44 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times
They are always far too bias against the Buffaloes for my liking .

Old 08-16-2016, 05:46 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
I chuckle at predictions, especially those which come out right after the draft. Getting a great [player out of the draft all of the sudden makes a crappy team a contender (not always). And then after free agency it's even worse. And of course once pre season is done, we'll know who will win the Super Bowl.

Old 08-16-2016, 06:22 PM

It is amusing, too, with free agency claims and one big ticket player is supposed to make all the difference in the world.

Injuries always play into the picture and boy, there are some already this year. I enjoy reading everything, laughing at some of the predictions by the news media.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:07 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,395,835 times
I am really looking forward as the season comes around the corner, excluding preseason in my opinion.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:52 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
.........are in the works
I like to get a couple of weeks of preseason to see who may pan out, get injured or get put out to Pasture....
Of Course, there are many variables to consider....coaching changes, strength of schedule, strength of bench later on, ......
And it is not just pulling names out of a hat, although sometimes that would be just as good

I look through the Magazines like Athlon, Pro Football Preview, etc It seems that even the paid writers never seem to predict things accurately.
That is because football is not a 100% Predictable game. There are way too many variables, which leads to the fact that on any given Sunday, anyone can beat anyone else.

SO I am looking into the season, to see who the CAT is going to predict, and when I get it finished, in a couple of weeks, I will post it right here in Living COLOR
Looking forward to a COLORFUL CARDIAC CARDINALS regular season, Catman. Pre-seasons are so unpredictable, and usually fade into obscurity...

I agree with you regarding those so-called "expert" writers. Their predictions aren't any better than ours! You're also waaay right re: TOO MANY VARIABLES, and "on any given Sunday, anyone can beat anyone else"!

Go, Cards!

Old 08-17-2016, 11:15 AM

You're right! At the end of season I always go to the NFL Pick Watch site, and our final totals are close to theirs and sometimes better!

By the way, I want a game with the Cards and our regular WRs, instead of #5 and #6 on the depth chart!

Old 08-17-2016, 11:53 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
You're right! At the end of season I always go to the NFL Pick Watch site, and our final totals are close to theirs and sometimes better!

By the way, I want a game with the Cards and our regular WRs, instead of #5 and #6 on the depth chart!
That's understandable, Susan. I'll see what I can do!

Old 08-17-2016, 01:04 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,395,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Looking forward to a COLORFUL CARDIAC CARDINALS regular season, Catman. Pre-seasons are so unpredictable, and usually fade into obscurity...

I agree with you regarding those so-called "expert" writers. Their predictions aren't any better than ours! You're also waaay right re: TOO MANY VARIABLES, and "on any given Sunday, anyone can beat anyone else"!

Go, Cards!
Nice picture, Colt Cassidy! Nice background with the logo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football