Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 08:59 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,020,697 times

Advertisements

Baltimore at Cincinnati
Houston at Tennessee
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at Indianapolis
New England at Miami
Chicago at Minnesota
Buffalo at New York
Dallas at Philadelphia
Cleveland at Pittsburgh
New Orleans at Atlanta
New York at Washington
Arizona at Los Angeles
Oakland at Denver
Kansas City at San Diego
Seattle at San Francisco
Green Bay at Detroit

Last week: 6-10
Season: 148-90-2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 04:57 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Falcons
Ravens
Redskins
Texans
Bucs
Colts
Pats
Vikings
Bills
Eagles
Steelers
Cardinals
Broncos
Chiefs
Seahawks
Packers

Old 12-29-2016, 06:24 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Almost everyone picking the Packers, and Redskins, probably! Me, I picked the Giants, wishful thinking on my part!

Old 12-29-2016, 06:55 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times
Bears @ Vikings
Cowboys @ Eagles
Panthers @ Buccaneers
Cardinals @ Rams
Seahawks @ 49ers
Giants @ Redskins
Saints @ Falcons
Patriots @ Dolphins
Bills @ Jets
Ravens @ Bengals
Browns @ Steelers
Jaguars @ Colts
Texans @ Titans
Raiders @ Broncos
Chiefs @ Chargers
Packers @ Lions

Old 12-29-2016, 10:04 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,631,650 times
All you folks picking Dallas may want to go back and change your picks. Many Dallas starters will be out by halftime including Dak and Zeke. Mark Butt Fumble Sanchez is playing most of the game. Romo is inactive. If Dallas wins it's because Philthy rolled over. Dallas has lots of injuries, especially on the defensive line (will be playing a DT they picked up off someones PS). Starting perennial all-pro left OT Tyron Smith is out. Philly is a tough out when you have a full arsenal.

Sorry no blanket picks here but in important games I'll go with GB, NYG, Miami, CHiefs, Raidahs!

Old 12-30-2016, 06:47 AM

Another vote for the Giants! I didn't realize the Cowboys were dealing with injuries, although many teams are at this time of the year! Sanchez is on the Cowboys, almost forgot that fact! I think Eagles will play hard regardless if it is the end of the season with no playoffs for them. Just read Romo is playing, he will start not Sanchez.

Watching games at the end of the year, I never understand players, standing around watching someone get in the end zone (Jets). This is your job, teams look at tapes, contract or not, no guarantees you will be back next year. You get paid act like you are and not like you are planning your vacation.

Last edited by susancruzs; 12-30-2016 at 07:04 AM..

Old 12-30-2016, 12:56 PM

This is interesting considering the game Sunday night is huge! Charter and NBC apparently have a contract ending tomorrow evening so will they settle it? I'm thinking they will.

Charter-NBC dispute could black out 17 million

Old 12-30-2016, 04:31 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
Default The Last Week of the Year/Season

Well fans, it has been a pretty fun season., And even though the CAT does not pick right often, it is well hoped that you were at least entertained by the commentary.
As we head into the last games, many of which do not count for standings, I want to wish everyone a very happy and prosperous New Year And Enjoy the Playoffs

RAVENS @ Bengals Amazing how things can change in one season. This time last year, the Ravens had broken wings and could not fly. The Stripey Cats, however, were perched high on a limb looking down on the division. The Ravens kept it close.

Texans @ TITANS Who would have thought that the AFC south would be this years version of last years NFC East? Look for the Titans to win at home, the Texans to limp into the Playoffs with a 9-7 record and make a quick exit from My Finz or the Chefs.

Panthers @ BUCCANEERS Playing for Pride, and Experience, the Pirates should plunder at home, which is where I will be while this game is going on.

Browns @ STEELERS This will be a good practice for the Steelers to get ready for the Chiefs or My Finz. Meanwhile, the Cavaliers are on top of the NBA east, the Indians have some talent left, and perhaps the good people of Cleveland will be celebrating back to back NBA Titles when the Browns camp opens But I envy the Browns, 4 picks in the top 64, I mean, they are probably getting 1 7 33 and maybe 49 overall..... If they don't squander it......

COWBOYS
@ Eagles It is time that we admit, as much as many of us, especially including myself, hate and despise the Cowboys (and all things Dallas), they are seemingly unstoppable. As unstoppable as anyone in the NFL can be anymore.

Bills @ JETS Welcome to the Battle of New York Cities, held in New Jersey, for this week's "crummy game of the week" The Buffaloes are without the Ryans, which I saw coming, and the Jets are without any talent or ability whatsoever. Home team wins

Bears @ VIKINGS Speaking of lack of talent, (and cities I cannot stand) The BEARS are candidates for the Cat's "Disappointment of the year award) Not that the Norsemen have anything to brag about, they should be the nuber one seed but they folded at the break !

Jaguars @ COLTS Poor Jags .... their owner really wants to win, but cannot figure out how. Nor can anyone else in Jacksonville. Maybe a Lucky QB would be a good start ?

Patriots @ MY FINZ MY FINZ are in the playoffs, and have not beat anyone all season with the caliber of talent that the Deflatriots have, so they are due. And they had better get it together, because it will not get any easier next week.

CHIEFS @ Chargers I have been saving these up all season, so here goes:
Q DO you know why you cannot use a cellphone in Canton Ohio?
A Because when it runs out of battery, you won't be able to find a CHARGER in the Hall of Fame.

Q: What's the difference between the San Diego Chargers and a dollar bill?
A: You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q: Want to hear a Chargers joke?
A: Phillip Rivers!

According to a new poll 91 percent of people are satisfied with their lives. The other 9 percent are San Diego Chargers fans.

Q: Did you hear about the blonde burglar?
A: He broke into the San Diego Chargers trophy room.

Q: How many San Diego Chargers does it take to win a Super Bowl?
A: Nobody knows and we may never find out!

Q: What do the Chargers and the mailman have in common?
A: Neither deliver on Sunday.

Q: How do you know the California State Police are seriously enforcing the Speed Limits into San Diego. A: For the first offense, they give you two Chargers tickets. If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Are you scared of catching the flu? Just hang in the Chargers end zone, they don't catch anything there.

CARDINALS @ Rams The PESKY RED BIRDS Had a good turnout under the Christmas tree here at our house. Too bad they didn't turnout for some of their games as well.

RAIDERS @ Broncos I think the Silver and Black attack is for real.

GIANTS @ Redskins - Someone suggested that the Giants play the Patriots in the SUper Bowl part 3 .......Perhaps, as the Giants are playing good ball and are the only team to beat the Cowpokes so far.

SEAHAWKS @ 49ers Pete Carroll can use this as a practice game to get ready for the playoffs. Kelly can work on his resume during that time.

Saints @ FALCONS Are flying high and taking the NFC South by a wing-length. Great season for the fans in Atlanta ... ... ... Oh have you seen that new Braves Stadium yet ?

Packers @ LIONS Don't know why I pick the Cats to win in the last game of the regular season. being different I guess ?

Old 12-30-2016, 05:36 PM

The mailman part reminds me of the Chicago Bulls and Scottie Pippen saying, the mailman doesn't deliver on Sunday to Karl Malone and he missed both free throws!

Lions, Cat, the Lions??? You've been sticking with the Packers in quite a few games, surprised you switched! And I do enjoy those posters taking time for commentary, I have all I can do to think of a comment about the Packers!

Congrats on Dolphins, if I picked them they lost, gave on them, and they won, although I went back to them 15 & 16!

Old 12-30-2016, 08:17 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Q DO you know why you cannot use a cellphone in Canton Ohio?
A Because when it runs out of battery, you won't be able to find a CHARGER in the Hall of Fame.

Q: What's the difference between the San Diego Chargers and a dollar bill?
A: You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q: Want to hear a Chargers joke?
A: Phillip Rivers!

According to a new poll 91 percent of people are satisfied with their lives. The other 9 percent are San Diego Chargers fans.

Q: Did you hear about the blonde burglar?
A: He broke into the San Diego Chargers trophy room.

Q: How many San Diego Chargers does it take to win a Super Bowl?
A: Nobody knows and we may never find out!

Q: What do the Chargers and the mailman have in common?
A: Neither deliver on Sunday.

Q: How do you know the California State Police are seriously enforcing the Speed Limits into San Diego. A: For the first offense, they give you two Chargers tickets. If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Are you scared of catching the flu? Just hang in the Chargers end zone, they don't catch anything there.
Lol. But the mailman does deliver on Sunday sometimes... when Amazon forces him to. The mailman gets pretty bitter about Amazon running the world though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football