Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 07:37 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times

Advertisements

Think about it first. The easy answer is he is a team guy and all in and maybe that is so. But human nature sometimes tells us to think differently than we'd like to. If Dallas had made the SB this year it would have been such a huge negative reflection on him. I'm sure he feels bad tonight, but somewhere deep down I bet he is a little relieved. Please don't read this as he is not a team guy. I do believe he did his best to help Prescott at all levels..and genuinely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 05:05 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Think about it first. The easy answer is he is a team guy and all in and maybe that is so. But human nature sometimes tells us to think differently than we'd like to. If Dallas had made the SB this year it would have been such a huge negative reflection on him. I'm sure he feels bad tonight, but somewhere deep down I bet he is a little relieved. Please don't read this as he is not a team guy. I do believe he did his best to help Prescott at all levels..and genuinely.
JP..
I bet he is disappointed but at the same time, now where near as disappointed if he had been playing. IMO, the Cowboys don't WIN this game with ROMO.. in fact, they probably get blown out. No doubt that a SB win for this team (this year) would certainly have reflected poorly on Romo.. right or wrong. I think this ending was probably the best scenario for Romo.. he will now be fondly remembered as a great QB in Dallas and NOT the key player HOLDING the Cowboys back. Few ever thought that but a SB run this year would have had many questioning it.

If any one was still harboring doubt about Romo vs Dak it should have been answered yesterday despite the Cowboys losing. Romo will most certainly be traded or cut during the off season.. Dak is the future.. he is younger and he is simply better than ROMO... i hope Romo goes to a good team and has some great years. I will root for him in every game (minus a Cowboys game).

Dak was absolutely brilliant yesterday.. he played better than Romo ever has in a playoff game but the Cowboys still lost and perhaps that is Romo's saving grace. Its not solely on the QB.. some of the blame and credit has to go to the other side of the ball.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:51 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
It was his last chance to get a SB ring as a Cowboy, even if he wouldn't play. I think he'd want that ring even if he never got one as a starting QB. He's a team player and he's not stupid, he knows his time is past and Prescott has replaced him.
He also has to know that the Cowboys may well have not made the playoffs with him starting.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:12 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think this ending was probably the best scenario for Romo.. he will now be fondly remembered as a great QB in Dallas and NOT the key player HOLDING the Cowboys back.
When was Romo a great quarterback? Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman were great quarterbacks. Romo did not play up to their level.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:15 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Understood.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:50 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
When was Romo a great quarterback? Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman were great quarterbacks. Romo did not play up to their level.
its called an opinion.. you have yours..

Old 01-16-2017, 11:09 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Aikman also had the luxury of a brilliant coach and playing with HoF & Pro Bowl caliber talent most of his career. Romo's numbers dwarf Aikman's. More yards, touchdowns and a lot less interceptions.

Nor did he have the benefit of Zeke Elliot. Dak is the future in Dallas but the constant Romo bashing is like a broken record and based soley on the guy botching a hold on a field goal attempt.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:20 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Nor did he have the benefit of Zeke Elliot. Dak is the future in Dallas but the constant Romo bashing is like a broken record and based soley on the guy botching a hold on a field goal attempt.
Romo has had good to decent RBs most of his time in Dallas.

I wouldn't put him as an elite QB. Very good, but not elite. Now.. What I may be confusing here, or shifting the blame to the wrong person.. This may not really be Romo's fault and may lie more with Garrett, so far as them choking in the big games. They've lost a number of 'win and you're in' games.

I know if I had to play a win-and-you're-in game against any team in the league, I'd want it to be Dallas based on the last 10 years or so.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
JP..
I bet he is disappointed but at the same time, now where near as disappointed if he had been playing. IMO, the Cowboys don't WIN this game with ROMO.. in fact, they probably get blown out. No doubt that a SB win for this team (this year) would certainly have reflected poorly on Romo.. right or wrong. I think this ending was probably the best scenario for Romo.. he will now be fondly remembered as a great QB in Dallas and NOT the key player HOLDING the Cowboys back. Few ever thought that but a SB run this year would have had many questioning it.

If any one was still harboring doubt about Romo vs Dak it should have been answered yesterday despite the Cowboys losing. Romo will most certainly be traded or cut during the off season.. Dak is the future.. he is younger and he is simply better than ROMO... i hope Romo goes to a good team and has some great years. I will root for him in every game (minus a Cowboys game).

Dak was absolutely brilliant yesterday.. he played better than Romo ever has in a playoff game but the Cowboys still lost and perhaps that is Romo's saving grace. Its not solely on the QB.. some of the blame and credit has to go to the other side of the ball.
i disagree with this assessment. i dont think the cowboys were going to win this game anyway, regardless of who was running the team at quarterback. i think romo would have done just as well as prescott did though, he just wouldnt have made the running plays prescott did. a team is more than just the quarterback, and if romo was running the team this year, he would have done nearly as well as prescott since he had a solid choir of players around him.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:01 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
JP..

Very true point.

This thread was not about a comparison of Prescott..as some have made it. It is purely a reflection of human nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football