Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:09 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Then he must of had a bad game against Atlanta twice cause Atlanta beat them in the regular season too.

But How does a team score over 30 points 12 times, and 40 points 5 times and make it to the superbowl not impress you?

I get it if they are not your pick that fair for you to have, but how does a Teams does all this make to the superbowl and then turn around and say "The Falcons have not impressed me yet." that's called a bias. It's one thing to not pick them to win the superbowl but it's hilarious to not consider them one of the elite teams this year. to late talk about being impressed. they going to the superbowl not biding for a play off spot.
Eh, it's kind of similar to Baltimore in 2012. No one gave them any respect, even after dominating Luck and Brady and beating Manning. Everyone knew SF would crush them. Atlanta has gone through Seattle and GB now -- two top teams of the past 5+ years.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:18 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
The Falcons will win, and easily. They are too strong on both sides of the ball. Brady, great as he is, will get beat up and harrassed. He won't have time to throw. Just like Marino way back in Super Bowl XIX.

Interesting, but the Pats have opened up as 3 point favorites. The over / under is 58.5 - that part is right, but it'll be the Falcons. NFL Odds: NFL Vegas odds weekly. Free pro football betting odds.

Final score: Falcons 39 - Patriots 20.
Falcons strong on both sides of the ball?

Did you watch them play this year?

They gave up 25 points per game.... 10 more per game than Pats

Patriots are the team that's strong on both sides of the ball with the best coach in NFL history

Pats win 31 -20

Old 01-22-2017, 09:28 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Then he must of had a bad game against Atlanta twice cause Atlanta beat them in the regular season too.

But How does a team score over 30 points 12 times, and 40 points 5 times and make it to the superbowl not impress you?

I get it if they are not your pick that fair for you to have, but how does a Team does all this make to the superbowl and then you turn around and say "The Falcons have not impressed me yet." that's called a bias. It's one thing to not pick them to win the superbowl but it's hilarious to not consider them one of the elite teams this year. to late talk about being impressed. they going to the superbowl not biding for a play off spot.
The Packers struggled in the regular season. If they did not get their act together sooner, they would have missed the playoffs.

"The Falcons have not impressed me yet," is not bias. They have not proven to be a legitimate contender in the National Football League with proven contenders (i.e. the Patriots, the Giants, the Steelers)

No one expected the Falcons to have the season they are having this year. The Falcons are turning heads.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:04 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,561,709 times
I'm going with ATL in this one. I know that people will roll their eyes, talk ish, and call me a ridiculous homer....fine but I know that ATL's offense is legit. I really don't think that New England can hold ATL under 30. ATL had to deal with Brees, Rodgers, Wilson all twice in one year. ATL had to face Phillip Rivers, Newton, and Winston. Newton, Winston, and especially Rodgers and Wilson are mobile QBs...all of that helps. ATL has seen it all. Brady will certainly be a great challenge but ATL will be ready. Same scenario, ATL just needs 2 stops and two field-goals from NE. The offense will score their points because of ATL's legit skill players.

Last edited by Chevalier de Saint-George; 01-22-2017 at 10:14 PM..

Old 01-22-2017, 10:10 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Going with Atlanta here,

Old 01-22-2017, 11:09 PM

2,347 posts, read 1,740,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Falcons strong on both sides of the ball?

Did you watch them play this year?

They gave up 25 points per game.... 10 more per game than Pats

Patriots are the team that's strong on both sides of the ball with the best coach in NFL history

Pats win 31 -20
I only watched them in the playoffs. Pats too, same thing, and I'm not impressed by their D. Bellichick is the wild card, though. If he can put together a winning game plan then Brady is the guy to execute it.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:31 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Atlanta went 2-2 vs. the AFC this season. New England went 3-1 vs. the NFC this season. Oddly enough, both Atlanta and New England went 3-1 vs. the NFC West.

And both lost to the same West team (Seattle) during the regular season as well.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:15 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,984,656 times
Neither of these SB teams defenses impress me. To be honest it was as much GB's miscues in the first half than Atlanta's defense that sank them. By the time they stopped dropping balls and fumbling the game was essentially out of reach and had to go one dimensional for the rest of the game.

I think both offenses will work over the other's defense. I can't truly gauge how good New England's defense is because they never played any high powered offenses all year. The Steelers have been offensively bad on the road all season and losing Bell early in the game robbed us of what may have been a better entertaining game.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:22 AM

2,347 posts, read 1,740,642 times
Interesting tidbit:
Quote:
New England was the preseason betting favorite to win the Super Bowl, getting 6/1 odds. The Falcons had the fifth-worst odds, going off at 80/1. Among the many, many teams in front of Atlanta: Jacksonville and the Jets. I'll repeat: Jacksonville and the Jets.

Ken Blaze Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports

Old 01-23-2017, 12:32 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The Falcons have not impressed me yet. If they win Super Bowl LI, then I can participate in that conversation.

Today, it was Packers shoddy defense + Aaron Rodgers having a bad day = Atlanta Falcons win.
What?! The No. 1 offense in the league? The league MVP at quarterback? 540 total points scored, averaging 33.8 points per game? There are only 4-5 teams that have EVER in the history of the NFL had a more powerful offense than the Falcons havce this season. And you're not IMPRESSED?! Geez ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football