Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 04:10 PM

37 posts, read 35,460 times

Advertisements

I mean lets face it,the nfc kinda sucked this year lets review the falcons wins.

They beat a TERRIBLE/BEAT UP seattle team who lost the best safety earl thomas and wilson not 100% healthy.

They beat a greenbay team who had LOST majority of their top receievers due to injuries.
Heck if greenbay can beat dallas why not atlanta?If it wasn't for the injuries the sorry falcons wouldn't be in the super bowl.

Now they face patroits,when we look at this game patroits are playing great even though having gronk is an issue,but if the patroits can shut down antino brown(one of top recievers) why can't they do the same for julio jones??

I'm not convinced falcons are a good team and luck has helped them

but its about to run out when they face BRADY!

Old 01-28-2017, 04:43 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,031 times
You sound like that tyrone jacobs guy. You're forgetting about the part where the Falcons have scored at will on anyone and everyone whenever they wanted to.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:07 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Well, you must not follow football closely, because Packers had all their WRs in the game, even Jordy with injured ribs caught passes. The DBs, corners were questionable on defense, have been all season. Packers were not a good match and Falcons were definitely the better team last Sunday. They won and deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Well, you must not follow football closely, because Packers had all their WRs in the game, even Jordy with injured ribs caught passes. The DBs, corners were questionable on defense, have been all season. Packers were not a good match and Falcons were definitely the better team last Sunday. They won and deserve to be in the Super Bowl.
They were NOT fully healthy though!(And you might want to check their inury report).Packers did have SOME receivers but they all had suffered a injuries and weren't healthy(considering they beat the #1 NFC team).

And what has falcons did to deserve to be in the playoffs?Who did they play that made them a good team?

They had it EASY and got lucky with packers not fully healthy!

Cowboys deserved to be in the superbowl, and not some lame boring atlanta falcons.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
You sound like that tyrone jacobs guy. You're forgetting about the part where the Falcons have scored at will on anyone and everyone whenever they wanted to.
Not true they struggled against good defenses for example broncos hold them to 20 and broncos lost only because of the qb issue.and seattle when healthy beat them and hold them to under 21 points.

This is why when they face patroits(one best defense and offense)they will get blown out!

If patroits can shut down a top reciever like antino brown(who is as good if not better then julio jones)imagine what they do to falcons?

tom brady=5th ring.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:02 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
I love threads like this. I hope it doesn't get closed or moved. If OP is right he can come back and say he said so. But if the Falcons pull off this win...threads like this are PURE GOLD!

Old 01-28-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteranderson12 View Post
Not true they struggled against good defenses for example broncos hold them to 20 and broncos lost only because of the qb issue.and seattle when healthy beat them and hold them to under 21 points.

This is why when they face patroits(one best defense and offense)they will get blown out!

If patroits can shut down a top reciever like antino brown(who is as good if not better then julio jones)imagine what they do to falcons?

tom brady=5th ring.
Dude, just quit making excuses for every Atlanta win. I didn't believe they were for real a couple weeks ago either, but now I've seen their offense operate and it is for real.

Regardless of who wins, it's highly unlikely to be a blowout. Likely to be one of the few good games of the playoffs this year.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:05 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Here's the thing.. #1 Scoring Offense vs #1 Scoring Defense in the Super Bowl..

Falcons Offense scored 540 points.. Most in the NFL.

Patriots defense allowed 250 points.. Fewest in the NFL

6 times before this has happened in the Super Bowl.

The #1 Defense is 5-1 in those games. Only loss was 49ers vs Broncos.

Plus, throw in the Pats experience..

I figure this is a Pats win.. But.. I hope not. I think it's a good game, because the Pats always seem to do JUST enough to win or lose.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
while i am not falcons fan, they did earn their way into the super bowl this season. green bay may have been beaten up, but they did beat a very good dallas team. you dont go on a winning streak of eight games without having a good team, beat up or not.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
while i am not falcons fan, they did earn their way into the super bowl this season. green bay may have been beaten up, but they did beat a very good dallas team. you dont go on a winning streak of eight games without having a good team, beat up or not.
Right. You don't see people saying New England was lucky to beat Pittsburgh. Similar tale. Various key injuries, 9 game winning streak snapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football