Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 08:28 AM

37 posts, read 35,460 times

Advertisements

Rumors has its tony romo,so would romo be a better fit for texans or broncos?

And who should texans pick as a qb(cleary brock was a waste of money).

Texans have GREAT defense(watts,cloney)and offense now they just need a qb,but who is it?

Suggestions..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 08:59 AM

52,683 posts, read 47,932,189 times
They're going to have to draft a QB in the next NFL Draft. Realistically, even if I wanted to see Tony Romo move to Houston and take that role, it'd be too infeasible. Then you have to deal with Brock Osweiler's contract structure, which will complicate everything unless Romo can absorb it. The likelihood here is that Tom Savage will earn an opportunity to start next season and will probably get it when healthy. Draft a quarterback, but have him be an understudy for a couple of years under Savage.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:24 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Well, if they don't TRADE for ROMO and risk he will simply be released vs someone trading for him, they can negotiate a new contract for him on terms that are friendly to them.. They would likely have to cut Osweiler and take the CAP hit... but it does not seem too far fetched IMO. It just depends on how much Romo would like to get paid. Seems to me that he would take less and go to a team that looks like a contender vs more and go to a team like the Bears or Jets.. but what do i know..

Old 01-30-2017, 09:44 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Tyrod Taylor would be a good option if he isn't too expensive and gets released by the Bills.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:18 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
I know this will be out of left field but Colin Kapernick would be the QB I would bring in. He had decent numbers on a squad nowhere near as talented as Houston's. He probably won't light the world on fire but I think he still has a skill set to be serviceable and an upgrade over Savage and Osweiler.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:15 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Watching this team that nobody expected a thing from play lights out defense against the best team in the AFC, only to be thwarted by feckless QB play, was definitely tragic.

That said, they have painted themselves into a corner. They can't afford anybody good because they're spending so much on Osweiler.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:05 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,126,379 times
A Romo and Texans match might be difficult to work out.
I would think that Jay Cutler may wind up in Houston.
He at times looks disinterested and has had underperformed in the past.
Yet, surround this guy with a strong defense and add another threat at wr, and he could a good addition. I do not love Cutler, but I consider him a significant upgrade over Osweiler.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:22 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Texans don't have a great O-Line. Romo would be a sitting duck.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:45 AM

2,340 posts, read 1,735,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I know this will be out of left field but Colin Kapernick would be the QB I would bring in. He had decent numbers on a squad nowhere near as talented as Houston's. He probably won't light the world on fire but I think he still has a skill set to be serviceable and an upgrade over Savage and Osweiler.
Not a great fit, because Texans stand for our National Anthem and Kaepernick doesn't. The bum.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:32 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
They sunk so much money into Osweiler's contract they'd put themselves in salary cap hell if they brought in a Romo, Cutler or Kap. They'd either have to cut Oz and eat that dead money or trade him and good luck with that. The other option is have him be the highest paid backup. Ever. And of course that option comes at a cost to some other player elsewhere on the roster.

Seems the Texans are stuck and their best bet going forward is to hope Oz can develop into the QB they hoped he'd be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football