Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 06:15 AM

2,347 posts, read 1,741,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I watched it again today, too! This was my point before the game was played, Falcons fans talking about no prime time exposure, no respect from media, shoot, where is their fan base??? The game was in Texas, not that far from Georgia! I don't think they have what you would call die hard fans, stick with the team no matter what!

I noticed it last night and paid closer attention today, crowd was definitely more Patriots fans than Falcons.
Our daughter, a Pats fan, comes home from a business trip today. She was at a party so she was partly socializing and missed some key moments. We'll watch the game again tonight, wife, daughter, and me. A Super Bowl party on a Thursday night! But we will watch and focus on the game.

Socialize and make small talk pleasantries on your own time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 06:25 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
I watched the game a second time, and alter my opinion of my first take slightly. In truth I don't think the Patriots were sluggish in the first half. I attribute that more to giving Atlanta credit for being 1/2 step faster.

The Patriots were different than in games past. I didn't see many 2nd half adjustments, and that showed by going down more late into the 3rd quarter. What I found striking was the Patriots played the same game for the entire 60 minutes. They didn't waiver, they didn't panic. They just kept coming and coming, and Atlanta with the adrenaline burst out of the gate lost that 1/2 lead they have, and by late in the 3rd quarter the lines crossed and the Pats were up by 1/2 step. In simple graphical form, I would chart the two teams on a graph with the Pats a perfectly straight line and the Falcons a steady decline that intersected late in the 3rd Qtr. They have the talent, but they just didn't have the endurance to hold of the very well conditioned Pats.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:58 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
5 weeks behind in training for #6!

Old 02-12-2017, 06:45 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
I loved the remark by Belichick plus the "no days off", he is one of a kind! I appreciate him and partially because he has talked about Mike McCarthy, who is really bashed here in Packer country.

Media is surprised (dumb to me) when BB talks to MM longer than anyone else, praises him, they try to find a weird spin about it. Nothing strange about it to me.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:26 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
Still crushing on Tom Brady 12 more than two weeks later. Some may call
it pathetic and be tired of hearing the name and number, but if Aaron Rodgers/Russell Wilson/Ben Roethlisburger/Eli Manning/Drew Brees/(your favorite quarterback here) accomplished what number 12 already had, you'd all be (man)crushing too.

Still proud Brady kept his cool as if the game was still close—the only one of three quarterbacks that didn't get rattled over the Falcolns this postseason.

Terry Bradshaw interviewed Tom before the game and admitted he was "proud of him." It looked like Tom wanted to cry (I would too).

GOAT and a Classic for years to come.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:04 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post

This thread will remain a *sticky* for the next couple weeks.
Sticky taken off.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:03 PM

Dwayne Allen signing seems interesting. Never thought Indy would trade with New England... .

We'll see how these free agents pan out. I'd like Malcolm Butler and Dont'a Hightower back, but we'll see. Chris Long got his ring and can be on par with his dad... . I liked Martellus Bennett's work ethic. He should earn a good contract.

Never thought I'd mention this, but I'm getting a bit weary of Gronkowski. I appreciate what he's done in previous years but, I laughed at his idea of being underpaid. (Well if he were healthy, he'd have a point.)

Old 03-11-2017, 06:27 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Pats crazy active in the first days of free agency

Love the Stephon Gilmore signing and Kony Ealy should be an upgrade over Sheard

Hopefully the fact that Hightower hasn't signed elsewhere yet means he is coming back

Offense should be ridiculous with the addition of Cooks

Pats definitely in win now mode with Brady loading up for another run at SB next year

Old 03-11-2017, 06:38 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Pats in FA send sports media and internet into a frenzy, I like it! Never underestimate Belichick's mindset!

Total opposite in GB but TT did shock everyone getting Bennett when fans thought he was trying to resign Cook!

Old 03-11-2017, 09:24 AM

Yeah, I didn't see that coming either. I do seem to recall Bennett preferring the Midwest, something to the effect that he liked his time on the Chicago Bears. Of course, not that Greenbay is next door to Chicago, but perhaps this is the closest he can get while still playing with a contender. He took a bit less than I thought he'd make ($21 million over 3 years is $7 million, as opposed to the $9 million everyone was banking on). A longer term deal was likely a factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football