Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 07:07 AM

18,180 posts, read 25,741,355 times

Advertisements

Ummmm,

Heh, did anybody/everybody check out yesterday's date here? Saw this one coming!

In my neck of the woods, I put stink bait on the 6 lb. test line and all I get is carp. I wasn't going to say anything, heh----but!

8 posts- LKC caught his limit. Daily limit in my state is 8.

Ok everybody, what's that two word reply here?

Old 04-02-2017, 02:41 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,371,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
That's like saying X Cola will never be as popular as Coca-Cola, so there's no point in trying to get any market share at all. It makes no sense at all.

The NFL is a business. If it can expand its audience by 50% of 25% or even 10% by mining foreign markets, it only makes business sense to do so.

It's like putting an NHL team (or two) in greater Los Angeles. You can point out that hockey is more popular in Saskatoon and Duluth, but by sheer numbers that team (or two) is going to make more of a go of it in LA than in those vastly smaller markets. By the same token, it's quite possible that the NFL can find more fans in the British Isles or Asia or Latin America than it can in the U.S. and Canada because these markets are more or less tapped out.

That's how business works. It's not a personal affront to anyone.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:30 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,586,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double h View Post
ummmm,

heh, did anybody/everybody check out yesterday's date here? Saw this one coming!

In my neck of the woods, i put stink bait on the 6 lb. Test line and all i get is carp. I wasn't going to say anything, heh----but!

8 posts- lkc caught his limit. Daily limit in my state is 8.

Ok everybody, what's that two word reply here?

April fool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football