Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 06:53 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
I would say Lincoln Nebraska would be a great and send the Detriot Lions to another city. Poor folks have enough suffering.
Be careful what you wish for. Suppose they moved the Lions to Lincoln?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,724 times
what about london, UK. at first it sounds crazy and just plain stupid. but the amount of respect all the players, teams and the league itself gets is just crazy. when there is the international matches the worlds best stadium is full, not a seat anywhere to be had. think about it!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 10:04 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,458 times
Austin and SA belong to the Cowboys enough of your talk.
Cities that need a team, Las Vegas, Toronto, London, Oklahoma City-Tulsa area
Richmond VA, Little Rock-Memphis area

Old 03-12-2009, 10:31 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Where did learn to spell too? Because you don't do a very good job of it.
Where did learn to spell too? Where did learn to talk too? Do learn to talk to wall? When you diss someone's spelling and screw up your own post, step away from the keyboard!

OP, let me go to your list and give you two teams on there that do NOT EVER deserve an NFL team;
  • Los Angeles
  • Las Vegas
LA had their chances and they blew it. I see nothing since 1978 that would change that fact. They are a lousy sports town and I hope the Lakers choke AGAIN in the finals against either the Celtics, or even better, the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Las Vegas is a disgusting dusty hot hole that's gonna be an abandoned ghost town soon, so that's four out of many reasons why that's a bad idea. I'm the last person who would ever waste a penny on "going green", but having an actual city in that cesspool of filth and ruthless and toothless decay is about the best case for "going brown" that I ever saw. About the only hope for that filthy town is a big huge
tsunami in the LA basin.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:22 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Where did learn to spell too? Where did learn to talk too? Do learn to talk to wall? When you diss someone's spelling and screw up your own post, step away from the keyboard!

OP, let me go to your list and give you two teams on there that do NOT EVER deserve an NFL team;
  • Los Angeles
  • Las Vegas
LA had their chances and they blew it. I see nothing since 1978 that would change that fact. They are a lousy sports town and I hope the Lakers choke AGAIN in the finals against either the Celtics, or even better, the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Las Vegas is a disgusting dusty hot hole that's gonna be an abandoned ghost town soon, so that's four out of many reasons why that's a bad idea. I'm the last person who would ever waste a penny on "going green", but having an actual city in that cesspool of filth and ruthless and toothless decay is about the best case for "going brown" that I ever saw. About the only hope for that filthy town is a big huge
tsunami in the LA basin.

Truth be told, I think that L.A. shouldn't have a team, either. I just listed it because of the NFL's endless desire to put a team back in the city of angels.
As for Vegas (and feel free to disagree):
It may not happen this decade or next decade or even this century.... but I believe that Las Vegas will have some kind of major sports team someday.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 AM

105 posts, read 580,152 times
I don't get it, isn't Oakland/SF literally right beside each other? At most it would take like 30 mins to get there right?

If they can do it being that close to one another, then teams that are hours away shouldn't struggle, as long as it proves to have the support.

Portland, LA, San Antonio, Milwaukee, Sacramento would be my top choices.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
^ Milwaukee won't get a team unless the Packers move there. Most milwaukeans are Packer fans so that wouldn't work out. San Antonio should be in cosideration, 7th largest city in the country and only has the Spurs. Question is, will the Alamodome be big enough?

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 03-12-2009 at 12:13 PM..

Old 03-12-2009, 12:11 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
JJG; Yeah, LA Metro is big enough (13 million) that you'd think they should easily be able to support an NFL team; guess it just goes to show you how quality wins out over quantity. I was a fan of the 77 and 78 Rams too. Even the El Segundo or Hermosa Raiders were pretty good from 81 to 83... then the AFC Drought began! Thank God for the 97 and 98 Denver Broncos to bring the AFC out of their losing funk!

Oh, and I just was picking on Las Vegas. They might have a pretty neat deal if they have a tunnel right from the Airport straight to the covered dome NFL Football Stadium with slot machines at every seat, beer winches and... Keno, anyone?

Old 03-14-2009, 11:48 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Austin and SA belong to the Cowboys enough of your talk.
Cities that need a team, Las Vegas, Toronto, London, Oklahoma City-Tulsa area
Richmond VA, Little Rock-Memphis area
Let's get something straight state. San Antonio and Austin makeup a prime area for an NFL team and you know it. And for the umpteenth time, Dallas does not own South Texas. Not enough to prevent another team from coming here or, prevent an expansion team from coming to the area. I like many others around here despise the cowpigs and wish that would just go very far away. You smug cowpig fans make me want to attack the next idiot I see with a Dallas jersey on.

Las Vegas, London, Richmond and Little Rock as well as Memphis are absolutely ridiculous spots to consider.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:59 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

• Los Angeles
  • Las Vegas

tsunami in the LA basin.
Take it easy dog. This is not the place to discuss your various grammatical challenges. It is a sports forum. Along those lines I think that Las Vegas would be a terrific spot for an NBA team at least. And I think that is their best bet, pun intended, of getting into a pro league. The NFL is probably beyond their reach right now.

As far as the Fake Show, they won't get past the Spurs in the playoffs.

2009 NBA Finals: San Antonio vs. Boston
Spurs in six.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football