Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2007, 02:19 AM

153 posts, read 685,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfMacon2019 View Post
The Superbowl XL Champions Pittsburgh Steelers are expected to move to Vegas it the next decade, being that The City of Pittsburgh is losing over 50,000 people a year. However the 300,000+ that are left in Pittsburgh would probably disagree with this. The only reason the team hasnt left yet, is the impact on the community, the history the team has presented Pittsburgh with, and the strong, loyal, healthy fan base. GO Steelers
What's the source of your information? Everything you state is utter nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 08:01 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
The Superbowl XL Champions Pittsburgh Steelers are expected to move to Vegas it the next decade, being that The City of Pittsburgh is losing over 50,000 people a year. However the 300,000+ that are left in Pittsburgh would probably disagree with this. The only reason the team hasnt left yet, is the impact on the community, the history the team has presented Pittsburgh with, and the strong, loyal, healthy fan base. GO Steelers
Your probably thinking about the Penguins (who won't be leaveing after all). I've heard nothing about the Steelers moving. Like New Orleans, Pittsburg will NEVER let their football team go, I'm sure.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:54 AM

511 posts, read 2,477,037 times
Yes I stated that the city of Pittsburgh would not let the team go.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:11 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Quote:

Hehe...hehe..hehe... This is funny!!

Old 04-25-2007, 09:20 AM

774 posts, read 2,496,352 times
L.A. is a horrible sports town overall. However, it still has 13 million people in its metro area and 2 teams each in every other pro sports league, so I think the answer here is a no-brainer. I enjoy the passion of the people that live in places such as Witchita, Omaha, and Alburquerque, but L.A. has neighborhoods that are larger than all of those cities combined. Local boosterism is nice, but everyone needs to look at it from the perspective of the NFL itself: what is going to bring the most value to the league? Well, when you've got the 2nd-largest metro area and the city that largely shapes the world's image of America without a team, it's pretty difficult not to start there even if other cities such as San Antonio might be worthy on paper. The L.A. fans might not necessarily deserve a team, but there's little doubt that the NFL knows that it's crazy not to have a team there.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:32 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,888 times
San Antonio needs a football team badley....im tired of hearing of the dallas cowboys everytime spring ball starts....hell i dont live in dallas...and oversaturating a state is unheard of....look at baseball...some cities have 2 teams! ! so we can handle 3 teams in 3 different cities

Old 04-26-2007, 10:53 AM

774 posts, read 2,496,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
San Antonio needs a football team badley....im tired of hearing of the dallas cowboys everytime spring ball starts....hell i dont live in dallas...and oversaturating a state is unheard of....look at baseball...some cities have 2 teams! ! so we can handle 3 teams in 3 different cities
I understand what you're saying, but the fact that L.A. is still open makes it extremely unlikely the NFL would put a franchise anywhere else at this time. Plus, with the way Houston was recently awarded an expansion team and how Jerry Jones is extremely territorial (there is no doubt that he would fight it tooth and nail), it's going to be tough for San Antonio to get a team in this environment. I'm not saying that it will never happen (I think San Antonio ought to have had a team before Jacksonville), but it's just going to be tough since L.A. is unlike any other market out there in terms of size and power. As I've said before, other cities might have the loud local boosterism, but L.A. is the 2nd-largest market in the U.S. and almost single-handedly is responsible for shaping America's image in the world - the NFL knows that it's a huge gaping hole to not have a team there. I think L.A. fans are apathetic overall, but even if only 20% of the L.A. metro area could be considered "good fans", that alone is larger than all of the metro areas that we've discussed here.

The cities with 2 baseball teams are all metro areas that are several times the size of the smaller baseball markets, so on a per capita basis, it's not a case where there's much oversaturation (i.e. Chicago can easily support 2 baseball teams, while it's questionable whether Pittsburgh can support even 1). Realistically, L.A. is just too huge for the NFL to ignore much longer.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:33 PM

4 posts, read 11,932 times
Orlando, building new Citrus Bowl with >75,000 capacity Orlando Pythons

Old 06-16-2007, 10:05 PM

3 posts, read 5,851 times
i say
1.portland or
2. las vegas nv
3. louisville ky
4. columbus oh
5. salt lake city ut
6. oklahoma city ok
7. Birmingham al
8. little rock ar
9. richmond va
10. Sioux Falls sd
11. Anchorage ak

Old 06-17-2007, 02:07 AM

9 posts, read 52,490 times
What about Sacramento???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football