Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 11:35 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times

Advertisements

I think you may have hit the Falcons dead center. I expect them to be tough but they suffered a defeat which gives you the worst hangover that takes forever to get over. Seriously, if Carolina's hangover last year was after a tough loss, I can only imagine the hangover an epic collapse like the Falcons had would produce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 12:09 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,608,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think you may have hit the Falcons dead center. I expect them to be tough but they suffered a defeat which gives you the worst hangover that takes forever to get over. Seriously, if Carolina's hangover last year was after a tough loss, I can only imagine the hangover an epic collapse like the Falcons had would produce.
There's truth in them words, Diss.

The merry-go-round which is the NFL -- with it's aggressive Divisional battles -- should make for yet another newly-crowned leader in the 2017 NFC South, unless the Falcons find a way to stay on top of the fray.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:58 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,463,064 times
Half the teams will be 1-0 and the other half will be 0-1 after week 1.
There will be 1 Super Bowl winner.
All 32 teams will have at least 1 win (yes, even the Jets & Browns!) and 1 loss.

Yah, really going out on a limb there

Old 09-01-2017, 03:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Color Splash is a trendy fad.
I'm surprised we're not seeing PLAID.

Hey! I made a rhyme!
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Can't rep you anymore for awhile, but great stuff, cat picture is too cute! Go Pack Go, King Cat says so!
you guys are poets and didnt even know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Half the teams will be 1-0 and the other half will be 0-1 after week 1.
There will be 1 Super Bowl winner.
All 32 teams will have at least 1 win (yes, even the Jets & Browns!) and 1 loss.

Yah, really going out on a limb there
cat made that same prediction at the beginning of another thread, so welcome to last week. he also indicated that generally the teams that score the most points will usually win their games.

Old 09-01-2017, 04:00 PM

858 posts, read 1,145,354 times
A Tom Brady jersey will surface in Guam.

Old 09-01-2017, 04:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
A Tom Brady jersey will surface in Guam.
only if we go to war with north korea, and then he will be throwing bombs to prevent missile launch detection warnings.

Old 09-01-2017, 04:27 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
The merry-go-round which is the NFL -- with it's aggressive Divisional battles -- should make for yet another newly-crowned leader in the 2017 NFC South, unless the Falcons find a way to stay on top of the fray.
I'd agree with that on the NFC East.. That's a total crap shoot right now.

The South.. I think the Falcons are still the best team there. Not saying the Bucs won't step it up and take the division, but at this point in the year.. I'd still have to put the Falcons as the favorites.

The only reason I don't mention the Panthers.. I've said this numerous times.. You get to Newton, he shuts down.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:19 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,608,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you guys are poets and didnt even know it
We make a rhyme every time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

The South.. I think the Falcons are still the best team there. Not saying the Bucs won't step it up and take the division, but at this point in the year.. I'd still have to put the Falcons as the favorites.

The only reason I don't mention the Panthers.. I've said this numerous times.. You get to Newton, he shuts down.
Yep. The battle could be between the Falcons and the Bucs, but crazier things have happened.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:50 PM

807 posts, read 689,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

If the Panthers' Super Bowl hangover is anything to go on, the Falcons won't be that great this year. Carolina's going to be better than everyone expects this year.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:01 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
True. I feel like Seattle still hasn't gotten over Super Bowl XLIX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football