Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 07:17 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Well then don't pull out some wanky "law" and apply it to Mr. Trump as if what he did was some freakin' serious thing.

It wasn't. He made an opinion and vocalized it. No need to be so hypersensitive about it.
I think a president can do better than SOBs who need to be fired and the people should have a right to expect better from someone they trusted to lead them.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:18 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,915,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Donald Trump did not simply state his opinion on say, who the greatest QB of all time is, or who he thought was going to win the Super Bowl. He called out NFL players, called them SOBs and said the NFL and/or owners should fire them. Just look at how Trump reacts when people call him out for his ability to be president. He then proceeds to have hissy fit after hissy fit on Twitter. What's more embarrassing? NFL players engaging in a peaceful, silent protest? Or the leader of our country acting like a 5 year old on twitter?
Trump is just a national disgrace. No tact, no dignity, no graciousness--just an overage, spoiled brat.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:49 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
They are useful idiots at best and more likely ignorant morons.
I view professional athletes and other entertainers as court jesters.

Yesterday on CBS they interjected this stupid political theater right in the middle of the game play-by-play broadcast, making it almost impossible to avoid. I turned the sound down in the middle of it.

Sunday morning I stated that I would carry on with my commitment of time and money throughout the 2017 season. Now, after yesterday's forceful interjection of stupid political theater, I will no longer commit my time as of today.

As for money, I will have to eat the $99 subscription price to NFL Game Pass, but I just cancelled auto-renewal. As an aside, I did not know that I was on auto-renewal, apparently they put customers on it as default, so I'm glad I checked and cancelled.

All the best!

Last edited by bale002; 09-25-2017 at 08:06 AM..

Old 09-25-2017, 08:55 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Donald Trump did not simply state his opinion on say, who the greatest QB of all time is, or who he thought was going to win the Super Bowl. He called out NFL players, called them SOBs and said the NFL and/or owners should fire them. Just look at how Trump reacts when people call him out for his ability to be president. He then proceeds to have hissy fit after hissy fit on Twitter. What's more embarrassing? NFL players engaging in a peaceful, silent protest? Or the leader of our country acting like a 5 year old on twitter?
I'd categorize Kaepernick's behavior as childish as anything I have ever seen in pro sports. He isn't some ****ing martyr; the dude is a clown putting on a clown show and there is plenty of evidence to suggest he's a petulant, immature little peanut brain ("pig" socks, "I don't vote", his babbling whenever he would speak....as if this guy was some civil rights hero!...give me a break).

Old 09-25-2017, 09:22 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
It will be interesting to see what the TV ratings look like NEXT week considering all the attention the NFL Players got this week for their protests... classic case of biting the hand that feeds you. I am sure many fans back the players right to protest or whatever it is they are doing but surely they understand that many MANY fans will be upset to the point of turning off the NFL.. the more widespread the players protest becomes, the more widespread fan dissent will become as well. They need to find a less divisive way to deliver their message or at least understand the repercussions. Not all players are on this bandwagon, yet all players will be effected.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:41 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,632,596 times
The NFL will have to start catering to the limp wristed man-bun viewer who will now start watching as a form of protest. The presentation of the game will go over the top as to not offend anyone. Within 10 years it will be a no contact sport and at the end of the season when they all get to play in the super bowl everyone will get a trophy.

Today marks the end of football as we know it.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
It will be interesting to see what the TV ratings look like NEXT week considering all the attention the NFL Players got this week for their protests... classic case of biting the hand that feeds you. I am sure many fans back the players right to protest or whatever it is they are doing but surely they understand that many MANY fans will be upset to the point of turning off the NFL.. the more widespread the players protest becomes, the more widespread fan dissent will become as well. They need to find a less divisive way to deliver their message or at least understand the repercussions. Not all players are on this bandwagon, yet all players will be effected.
Lotta good/close games this week. Ratings must be judged on a yearly basis, not week to week ... that's just too short of a format.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Trump is just a national disgrace. No tact, no dignity, no graciousness--just an overage, spoiled brat.

Spoiled brat who made himself billions$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ! You forgot that part

About time someone told it like it is without tiptoeing around the pansies!

Old 09-25-2017, 09:47 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times
So now that all these owners have linked arms in protest, which one of them is going to hire Kaepernick? Such hypocrisy...put your money where you're mouth is. We'll see...

Old 09-25-2017, 09:50 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
So now that all these owners have linked arms in protest, which one of them is going to hire Kaepernick? Such hypocrisy...put your money where you're mouth is. We'll see...
Maybe hypocrisy has nothing to do with it since clearly the owners are with the players at this point.

Maybe you RACISSSS!!!! shriekers just can't accept the fact that Kaepernick isn't good enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football