Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 11:42 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
These people who are burning their merchandise, I wish they would at least consider donating it instead. There are people out there who have very little in the way of clothes. Seriously for anyone out there considering lighting their stuff on fire, just donate it instead.

Not to mention, once this passes they are going to regret burning their $100 jerseys

Yah. Probably not many citizens of Puerto Rico probably know football, but I'm sure they would love to get a jersey of a defensive lineman with what happened to them.

Same with the people who burned LeBron jerseys in 2010. I bet those people feel stupid now that they had to spend $250 on a new one 4 years later when he returned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 11:59 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Again, you believe what you want to believe. Wrap yourself up in the flag and pretend your the most patriotic American. You and Trump and his supporters are completely lost in the silent protest. These are American who love the country, love the military, do great things in their community. They are unhappy with POTUS, and most importantly social injustice for minorities in our country.
I do not agree with Trumps way of handling this matter, and I certainly do not agree with the disgraceful NFL players kneeling. I agree with them on the issue of police getting away with brutality and murder- especially towards blacks. Disgracing our flag is the wrong way to call attention to their beef, however. Those responsible for the injustice in our legal system are the cowardly DA's, Judges and police that stick together and support the "bad apples"- just like the NFL players sticking together and supporting their disrespectful comrades. I'm done. There is no argument you can make that will make it okay to kneel during the national anthem.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:34 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,771,203 times
Um..how about they quit using the NFL to broadcast their agenda. They are hired to play ball and can do this other nonsense on their own time.

Are the owners not pissed about this? My team, my field...knock off the crap!

Old 09-26-2017, 01:52 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,400,402 times
Now that Trump said something the media will run this nonsense non stop. Now the "movement" will shift to focus on Trump hate since the original message was lost.

In the end no one will gain anything.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:55 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendersj31 View Post
Um..how about they quit using the NFL to broadcast their agenda. They are hired to play ball and can do this other nonsense on their own time.

in almost all cases, the teams do not own the field, they are simply tenants paying rent to their landlord, a public/gov't entity

Old 09-26-2017, 09:57 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
----------

Sounds to me that it was unintentional.

https://sports.yahoo.com/alejandro-v...223017948.html

Alejandro Villanueva takes blame for standing by himself for anthem

[I]“Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself, I feel embarrassed,” Villanueva said, according to the Twitter feed of Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.[/i]

“Unfortunately I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally,”
Villanueva said, according to KDKA-TV.
THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF!! WHY IS HE MADE TO FEEL ASHAMED OF STANDING FOR HIS FLAG AND COUNTRY WHILE PEOPLE SAY LEAVE KAP ALONE????

THIS GUY IS A WAR HERO!! AN ARMY RANGER!! HE PUT HIS LIFE ON THE LINE!!!

And Tomlin was mad that he didnt stay in the locker room????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04hCuGU7x-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fdnk-RQ9Y4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9S49OWbA_Q

Old 09-26-2017, 10:01 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCP5dhUis9k

Old 09-27-2017, 12:45 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
These people who are burning their merchandise, I wish they would at least consider donating it instead. There are people out there who have very little in the way of clothes. Seriously for anyone out there considering lighting their stuff on fire, just donate it instead.

Not to mention, once this passes they are going to regret burning their $100 jerseys
these people are whiny. players are entitled to voice their displeasure at horrific racism in this country. you'll see more whining around here than other places because this forum is full of conservative Trump-lovers

Old 09-27-2017, 01:07 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF!! WHY IS HE MADE TO FEEL ASHAMED OF STANDING FOR HIS FLAG AND COUNTRY WHILE PEOPLE SAY LEAVE KAP ALONE????

THIS GUY IS A WAR HERO!! AN ARMY RANGER!! HE PUT HIS LIFE ON THE LINE!!!

And Tomlin was mad that he didnt stay in the locker room????

Why embarrassed?

Because he misunderstood the team's plan and found himself alone at the tunnel for the anthem. Did what he normally does for the anthem

Old 09-27-2017, 01:16 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendersj31 View Post

Owners support their right to silent peaceful protest. Not "your" team unless you have stock (Packers). Most fields belong to public. Best way to get your activist message across is at a game being broadcast to millions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football