Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 07:18 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times

Advertisements

Chiefs@ Raiders (TNF)
Panthers @ Bears
Jaguars @ Colts
Titans @ Browns
Bengals at Steelers
Seahawks @ Giants
Broncos @ Chargers
Saints @ Packers
Jets @ Dolphins
Cardinals @ Rams (in London)
Buccaneers @ Bills
Cowboys @ 49ers
Falcons @ Patriots (SNF)
Redskins @ Eagles (MNF)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 08:01 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Chiefs@ Raiders (TNF)
Panthers @ Bears
Jaguars @ Colts
Titans @ Browns
Bengals at Steelers
Seahawks @ Giants
Broncos @ Chargers
Saints @ Packers
Jets @ Dolphins
Cardinals @ Rams (in London)
Buccaneers @ Bills
Cowboys @ 49ers
Falcons @ Patriots (SNF)
Redskins @ Eagles (MNF)
Chiefs
Panthers
Jaguars
Titans
Steelers
Seahawks
Broncos
Saints
Jets
Rams
Bills
Cowboys
Falcons
Eagles

4-10 last week Hoping for the best.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:29 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Oops! I'm not very good with Roman numerals. My apologies!
try this... IIIX

Old 10-17-2017, 08:43 AM

796 posts, read 505,354 times
Chiefs@ Raiders (TNF)
Panthers @ Bears
Jaguars @ Colts
Titans @ Browns
Bengals @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Giants
Broncos @ Chargers
Saints @ Packers
Jets @ Dolphins
Cardinals @ Rams....AP time
Buccaneers @ Bills
Cowboys @ 49ers....man I could only hope
Falcons @ Patriots (SNF)...revenge time for Falcons but would be funny to see Pats with big deficit but come back to force OT
Redskins @ Eagles (MNF)

Old 10-17-2017, 08:46 AM

missing a game

Old 10-17-2017, 10:57 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,698,612 times
Week VII picks!!!

5-9 last week.
52-39 on the season.

Chiefs@ Raiders
Ravens @ Vikings
Panthers @ Bears
Jaguars @ Colts
Titans @ Browns
Bengals at Steelers
Seahawks @ Giants
Broncos @ Chargers
Saints @ Packers
Jets @ Dolphins
Cardinals @ Rams
Buccaneers @ Bills
Cowboys @ 49ers
Falcons @ Patriots
Redskins @ Eagles

Old 10-17-2017, 10:59 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,698,612 times
Everybody is missing the Ravens and Vikings game.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:23 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Jonny:

We may have to let you go...

Old 10-17-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Jonny:

We may have to let you go...

"...but I don't really even work here"

Old 10-17-2017, 11:59 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Default Week vii a triple main event weekend !

A lot of unexpected finishes last week, a few controversial. Which makes us question the legitamcy of pro sports at times. After all, it behooves the NFL to have certain teams win, based on fan support (money) and geographic location (How many stores at the mall sell that teams merchandise)

We know Pro Wrestling is rigged, so why not the NFL ? Why not have a few "upsets" to keep the fans guessing.

In Pro Wrestling, or "THE BUSINESS" as it is called by the insiders, the Booker is the one responsible for writing storylines and setting up events. In the NFL, we would blame Gooddell for rigging matches because if he is low enough to spit on NFL fans by moving games to Europe, then rigging the outcomes would not be beneath him. Think about it....could MY FINZ really have won against the Titans if not for the referee cheating in their favor? When the outcome of a wrestling event is scriupted, including a bias or mistake by the referee (A BLIND), that is called a "work." In the NFL, it is called "A mistake" and it is swept under the artificial turf until the next week.

So what if Pro Football is rigged? On one hand, who would care because like pro wrestling, someone somewhere is entertained by it. On the other hand, the NFL is billed as a legitimate contest. So who knows. One thing though, no announcer has ever asked a pro football player if it is fake and then goten slapped to the ground as a result.

ANYWAY on to this weeks picks. I am 46-45 for the year, so picking the same or opposite me will not help you. Sorry.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
Chiefs@ RAIDERS (TNF) This is the classic good guy vs bad guy ..In Rasslin, it is called a face vs heel. Two Long time rivals going back to the 70's...the Raiders and their fans always portrayed themselves as the evil tough guys (like the Road Warriors in rasslin') while the Chiefs with the likes of Hank Stram and Lenny Dawson were the consumate finesse players.
Seriously, I don't see the CHIEFS Cropping two in a row, EXCEPT that on the road in Oakland and the way the league has been going so far, I am taking the home team.

PANTHERS @ Bears The finish will come down to what degree of Oral tinea pedis Cam Newton is suffering this week.

Ravens @ VIKINGS The NORSEMEN have the tools to win, especially with the inconsistancy of the Ravens this year. Or is it Mediocrity at 3-3 ? The VIkings are playing better right now.

JAGUARS @ Colts In Rasslin, a match that no one cares about is called a DUD in the NFL, it is called the Jaguars vs the Colts.

TITANS @ Browns In rasslin', the guys who always lose are called "Jobbers" They are paid by the booker to lose a match and make the opponent look good. The Browns are jobbers in the NFL.

Bengals at STEELERS When the home team or popular wrestler wins, it is called being "put over" The Steelers will be "Put over" at home this week.

SEAHAWKS @ Giants ELI ELI WON! (and 5!) two in a row? Don't bet on it. The Seagulls have the ability to anticipate and stop the run, while the Giants lack the receivers to mix it up for 4 quarters.

BRONCOS @ Chargers This, in rasslin, is called a mid card event. It happens in the middle of the card(the program for the night) and involves a mediocre, drawn out match, which fills space and allows fans to wait until the main event (which this week, happened Thursday and will happen again Sunday night and on on Monday making this a triple main event weekend.) The Broncos always get over and get a push (favorable rating) while the Chargers are jobbers.

SAINTS @ Packers The Saints ran the score up last week against the Lions. Which is why they will not this week in Lambeau.

NY Jets @ MY FINZ I hate to do this, but since most of l my picks are wrong anyways, I said that the Jets would beat my Finz once, and they already did So at home, with the referee paid off and the game rigged, it will make it more interesting if the owners and officials keep the division close ...and keep the fans guessing.

Cardinals @ RAMS (in London) Well Blimey. Another divisional swap sent overseas by his majesty, King Goodell. (First name Roger, Middle name FINK) And another reason to sleep late Sunday morning then. Cheerio !

Buccaneers @ BUFFALOES Arrrr Jim Boy. The Pirates have long lost their plunder. ARrrrr,

COWBOYS @ 49ers When a favorite is set up to quickly and easily dispose of his opponent, it is called a squash match. It is usually quick and always one sided. The Cowboys have the biggest fan base, and also the biggest Non-Fan base, so it is imperative to the NFL's success that the team either do well or do poorly. Which is why the league must generate interest in Cowboys games, even when the coaching is atrocious and the team over-rated. A mediocre Cowboy team is bad for the NFL because both the fans and the unfans are disappointed. If they win, people like me sit at ringside yelling for them to lose, while if they lose, fans like myself gloat while their fans demand that they be put over. WELL, IF THE NFL IS REAL Then the Cowboys are an 8-8 team this year, and the 49ers, who always come close, go the distance and still manage to lose, are 0-16.

__________________________________________________ __________________________
--------------------------A SUPER BOWL REMATCH----------------------------------------------
(There was also one last week that I missed )
Falcons @ PATRIOTS(SNF) Given the Nature of the NFL I will give this to the Patriots, as so far more of the original super bowl winners have won their rematches this year. (Exception Broncos beating the Cowboys) At home in BASTUHN, the Patriots will win And there will probably be controversy because Controversy generates interest, and Interest sells tickets !

Redskins @ EAGLES (MNF) Another Main Event The Eagles have been flying high, we need to see how they do with a division rival who has some talent, so this will make for a good game. They can put away the Cowboys in 4 weeks and we can look forward to the Super Bowl Rematch on Christmas Day against the Raiders.

BYE Lions, TEXANS Taking the Texans on the week off because the QB has started to show flashes of Dak Prescott first year brilliance.

Last edited by LargeKingCat; 10-17-2017 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: color
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football