Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 07:51 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Buffalo @ NY Jets (I have no idea who won)
Baltimore @ Tennessee
Tampa Bay @ New Orleans
Los Angeles Rams @ NY Giants
Denver Broncos @ Philadelphia
Atlanta @ Carolina
Cincinnati @ Jacksonville
Indianapolis @ Houston
Arizona @ San Francisco
Washington @ Seattle
Kansas City @ Dallas
Oakland @ Miami
Detroit @ Green Bay
Jets won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 01:45 AM

5,199 posts, read 6,139,618 times
Bills LOST

Tennessee
Saints
Rams
Eagles
Falcons
Jacksonville
Texans
Cardinals
Seahawks
Kansas City
Oakland
Lions

Last week 12-1

So far 72-48

Old 11-05-2017, 07:10 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Since their last playoff appearence the Bills have had a couple 9-7 seasons but neither were good enough to get into the playoffs. M
You are exactly right iknowftbll. Bills finished 9-7 in 2004 and 9-7 in 2014.

The 2004 team won 6 straight games against mostly terrible teams in the AFC South and NFC West. Then in week 17 the Bills played Tommy Maddox and bunch of Steelers back ups in Buffalo and lost. It was a win and get in game for the Bills. It was only our 5th straight year of no playoffs so many of us had no idea how much worse it would get.

The 2014 team was an interesting one. EJ Manuel was benched after throwing a pick six to JJ Watt in Houston and playing terribly all around. Orton was picked up off the street and started the Bills remaining 12 games. Orton lead the Bills to a 7-5 record that season with a big help from a defense that finished the season ranked 4th overall in total yards. The 9-7 finish comes with an asterisks though as the Bills beat New England in New England week 17 with many starters resting and Brady only playing the first half.

I went back and checked and as suspected, during this drought the Bills have never achieved 6 wins or better through 9 games. Something they still have a chance to do next week in Buffalo.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:16 AM

Buffalo @ NY Jets Picked earlier 0-1
Baltimore @ Tennessee
Tampa Bay @ New Orleans
Los Angeles Rams @ NY Giants Upset pick of the week?
Denver Broncos @ Philadelphia Fool me once Broncos, shame on you, fool me twice, not gonna happen
Atlanta @ Carolina No friggin clue.
Indianapolis @ Houston No Watson? No Problem. For this week only.
Arizona @ San Francisco No friggin clue #2
Washington @ Seattle Tempted to take Washington but will go with the Seachickens.
Kansas City @ Dallas I don't know why, I don't why.
Oakland @ Miami
Detroit @ Green Bay Because Detroit's gonna Detroit. They are the NFC version of my Bills but with a franchise QB.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:17 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Week 1-8 : 67-52

Buffalo @ NY Jets - L
Baltimore @ Tennessee
Tampa Bay @ New Orleans
Los Angeles Rams @ NY Giants
Denver Broncos @ Philadelphia
Atlanta @ Carolina
Indianapolis @ Houston
Arizona @ San Francisco
Washington @ Seattle
Kansas City @ Dallas
Oakland @ Miami
Detroit@ Green Bay

Old 11-05-2017, 10:58 AM

5,199 posts, read 6,139,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Bills LOST

Tennessee
Saints
Rams
Eagles
Falcons
Jacksonville
Texans
Cardinals
Seahawks
Kansas City
Oakland
Lions

Last week 12-1

So far 72-48
I believe I am going to get burnt on my Atlanta pick..........but after several single digit weeks I can only say it is a good thing I don't have a gambling habit or else I would be pretty far in the hole this season

Old 11-05-2017, 01:10 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,468,918 times
The Giants over the Rams pick may single handily be the dumbest selection I've EVER made on here. Nobody minds with me giving myself 3 losses for that, do you??

Old 11-05-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
The Giants over the Rams pick may single handily be the dumbest selection I've EVER made on here. Nobody minds with me giving myself 3 losses for that, do you??
It was my upset pick of the week. I did use a question mark though. Do I get half a point for that?

CBS just switched the Denver vs. Philly game over to the Ravens vs. Titans because it was such big blowout. And the third quarter had just started. Wow.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:25 PM

I think this is the first time in a while (maybe ever), but the first I can recall where all 1 PM games were 2 possession+ games heading into the 4th quarter. Hopefully a couple of these (Jags/Bengals, Ravens/Titans, Texans/Colts) can come down to the final couple minutes in doubt.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
It was my upset pick of the week. I did use a question mark though. Do I get half a point for that?

CBS just switched the Denver vs. Philly game over to the Ravens vs. Titans because it was such big blowout. And the third quarter had just started. Wow.

And I'll give you the half point if I take the 3 losses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football