Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 09:11 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,421,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I had a chance to tour ATT Stadium (Jerry's Stadium) a couple of months ago and it was very nice - I hear Mercedes in ATL is even nicer.

I sure hope my city (Tampa/STP) doesn't go bankrupt building one of those monstrosities. They're nice, they get key games (like Super Bowls, College Bowl Championships), but they take taxpayer money to build.

I doubt if our voters would allow it. The baseball team is looking for a stadium as well and it'll be interesting if the taxpayers vote for that as well and may just let the team haul ass to another city that will pay for it.

Dallas stadium - the day after the World Cup Soccer qualifying

Tampa Bay Stadium is still one of the better looking stadiums and feels like a pirate ship or "pirate ship" . sounds crazy but still. They should keep that stadium and renovate it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 12:53 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Minneapolis definitely needed a stadium, the old one was dank and icky and prone to roof and performance collapses. Everyone here is mostly happy with the new stadium except for the nattering nabobs of negativity who have been saved the trouble of having to go find something else to spend all their time complaining about, so they're better off too. The Super Bowl alone will likely bring in One Billion Dollars and Justin Timberlake to boot.
I definitely agree with the Metrodome. It needed to go.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:23 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Tampa Bay Stadium is still one of the better looking stadiums and feels like a pirate ship or "pirate ship" . sounds crazy but still. They should keep that stadium and renovate it
your skin sizzles during most months of the NFL season due to sun/heat.......they need to do what Miami did for Dolphins/Joe Robbie/Landshark/HardRockCafe Stadium

Old 12-09-2017, 02:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
I had a chance to tour ATT Stadium (Jerry's Stadium) a couple of months ago and it was very nice - I hear Mercedes in ATL is even nicer.

I sure hope my city (Tampa/STP) doesn't go bankrupt building one of those monstrosities. They're nice, they get key games (like Super Bowls, College Bowl Championships), but they take taxpayer money to build.

I doubt if our voters would allow it. The baseball team is looking for a stadium as well and it'll be interesting if the taxpayers vote for that as well and may just let the team haul ass to another city that will pay for it.

Dallas stadium - the day after the World Cup Soccer qualifying
these days i think the teams are getting corporate sponsors instead of a huge amount of tax payer money.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:26 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,421,309 times
Quote:
your skin sizzles during most months of the NFL season due to sun/heat.......they need to do what Miami did for Dolphins/Joe Robbie/Landshark/HardRockCafe Stadium

Best of both worlds.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:22 PM

10 posts, read 9,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
A city like Indianapolis needs a modern stadium a lot more than a city like San Francisco, or Washington, D.C. would. San Francisco and DC actually are tourist draws and bring in a large number of out of state visitors, Indianapolis on the other hand is not even close to being on their level for reasons for people to visit.
So can understand why Indianapolis would be willing to shell out the money - they need to give people a reason to visit.
Lucas Field is less than 10 years old and have already hosted a Super Bowl, why in the world would they need a new one??

Old 12-10-2017, 02:24 PM

10 posts, read 9,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
The Stadium(The Superdome) was built in the late 1960s
Superdome opened in 1975

Old 12-10-2017, 06:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamese7en View Post
Superdome opened in 1975
he might have been thinking of the astrodome which opened in 1965, and closed in 2008.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:59 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,631,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamese7en View Post
Superdome opened in 1975
And was totally remodeled after Hurricane Katrina ... it had to be!

AT&T Stadium fell on the Arlington taxpayers. Jerrah paid for some upgrades. I took the tour in September. (3 hour tour)

Old 12-10-2017, 07:06 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times
After today’s game in Buffalo I hope the outdoor stadium/dome question is no longer even a discussion amongst Bills fans.

This team should always have an outdoor stadium (though I would prefer they just keep the stadium they have, I don’t think the league will let them for much longer.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football