Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2018 NFL Hall Of Fame (HOF) Voting Poll of City-Data football fans
Isaac Bruce 15 26.79%
Tony Boselli 8 14.29%
Brian Dawkins 8 14.29%
Alan Faneca 4 7.14%
Steve Hutchinson 3 5.36%
Edgerrin James 6 10.71%
Joe Jacoby 10 17.86%
Ty Law 13 23.21%
Ray Lewis 28 50.00%
John Lynch 14 25.00%
Kevin Mawae 4 7.14%
Randy Moss 34 60.71%
Terrell Owens 27 48.21%
Brian Urlacher 21 37.50%
Everson Walls 7 12.50%
Robert Brazile (veteran finalist) 5 8.93%
Jerry Kramer (veteran finalist) 11 19.64%
Bobby Beathard (administration) 7 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 04:05 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times

Advertisements

I think this will be a defense dominated class, I went Dawkins, Law, Lewis and Urlacher with Jerry Kramer for vet.

Typically 5-8 members chosen per year.

I think personally Moss and Owens should get in and maybe Moss does this year. The problem I see with Moss making it this year is that Owens is so similar in numbers and also similar in temperament and Owens didn't make it during his first year so voters may hold Moss back for some of the same reasons.....so many teams, played when he wanted, locker room cancer/distraction, prima dona etc.

I think Moss is the 2nd greatest WR all time behind Rice and more of a physical freak but he may run into the same troubles as Owens.

Ty Law is probably wishful thinking but this is his 2nd year as a finalist in his 2nd year of eligibility and reports I read last year said he came real close to making it but this may be a tough class to break through with so many great defensive players on the ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 04:36 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
I think Moss has done a lot to rehabilitate his image since retirement, unlike TO. I think both are HoF worthy but I think Moss will get in sooner. Guess we’ll see.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:03 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I think Moss has done a lot to rehabilitate his image since retirement, unlike TO. I think both are HoF worthy but I think Moss will get in sooner. Guess we’ll see.
Evidently, off the field stuff doesn't matter?
Re: Convicted rapist Darren Sharper.....

Peter King

@SI_PeterKing
Sharper2: The 46 HoF voters are asked to consider only on-field factors for ex-players. That is what I do.

https://deadspin.com/peter-king-defe...ege-1683701729

Old 01-03-2018, 05:46 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

Peter King

@SI_PeterKing
Sharper2: The 46 HoF voters are asked to consider only on-field factors for ex-players. That is what I do.

So they say....but how then does one explain TO not getting in with the 2nd most receiving yards in NFL history not to mention playing lights out in a Super Bowl only weeks after having a screw put in his ankle....

Old 01-03-2018, 08:14 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
I hope Moss gets in. I love the fact that after 3 years with the Patriots, he mouthed himself out of town and came back and put the blame squarely on his own shoulders. I like a guy who can man up, and also play the game as great as he did.

I'd like to see Law get in, but don't think so this time around.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:12 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Ah, Patriots. Good one. Wilfork, adam vinatieri, Moss, Gronk, Brady, maybe Welker and/or Edleman. That list will triple in size within the next decade.
Like Ghengis said, Moss will be a Viking (predominantly) so he wont help the Patriots cause.. at least not under this scenario... Also, I'm not sure Welker is not gonna make it. He certainly has a case but i expect him to wait a few years if he does get in.. Edleman is still playing so who knows...but if he quit today.. no, he doesn't make it.. I do hope Vinatieri makes it.. he would be the third (strictly) place kicker behind Jan Stenerud and Morton Anderson to be enshrined. Brady is 1st ballot.. Gronk could quit today and likely get in... I am sure there are many other Patriots to be enshrined in the coming years so yea, the number should triple easily within a decade..

Old 01-04-2018, 05:15 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I hope Moss gets in. I love the fact that after 3 years with the Patriots, he mouthed himself out of town and came back and put the blame squarely on his own shoulders. I like a guy who can man up, and also play the game as great as he did.

IMO, Moss is 1st ballott HOFer.. yea, he was immature during his playing time but he certainly was not a bad character type person..... aka Michael Irvin who had to wait a few years before getting in.. Owens, also 1st ballot (IMO) so this being his 3rd year on the ballot needs to get in. He too was immature and honestly unstable at times and more troublesome than Moss but still not a bad character type like Irvin...

Regardless, Moss and Owens get in, if not this year.. next or the next. they get in.. seems like a no brainer to me..

Old 01-04-2018, 09:09 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Quote:

Peter King

@SI_PeterKing

Yeah, but convicted rapist is pretty serious stuff. Convicted felons probably should be stricken from consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

Moss has often admitted when he's been wrong and/or jackass it seems. Which is good. There's no doubt how good he was though.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:07 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Like Ghengis said, Moss will be a Viking (predominantly) so he wont help the Patriots cause.. at least not under this scenario... Also, I'm not sure Welker is not gonna make it. He certainly has a case but i expect him to wait a few years if he does get in.. Edleman is still playing so who knows...but if he quit today.. no, he doesn't make it.. I do hope Vinatieri makes it.. he would be the third (strictly) place kicker behind Jan Stenerud and Morton Anderson to be enshrined. Brady is 1st ballot.. Gronk could quit today and likely get in... I am sure there are many other Patriots to be enshrined in the coming years so yea, the number should triple easily within a decade..
My opinion, Moss did enough in New England to be considered a large part of the Patriots organization as well. Plus, unlike the Baseball HOF, you don't go in under one team. You go in under all of the teams you played for. So I would include him with both teams.

If we went by what team they were predominately with, then Adam Vinatieri would go in as a Colt and not a Patriot. But everyone considers him a Patriot even more so than a Colt because of the huge kicks in the snow and the Super Bowls.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:24 AM

1,584 posts, read 981,928 times
Quote:

Peter King

@SI_PeterKing

Unlike the BBHoF, the PFHoF does not have a character clause and is explicit about it. Ray Lewis’s off-field issues won’t matter.

In practice, it does seem to matter a little for regularly eligible folks (like Sharper) and Seniors (like Jim Tyrer) who aren’t no-brainers. But it’s not supposed to. And Sharper plays a position that gets short shrift from the voters anyway — and there is or will be a ton of competition for him what with Brian Dawkins, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, John Lynch, Steve Atwater, Leroy Butler, and Darren Woodson to contend with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football