Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 12:46 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,423,799 times

Advertisements

Good going for the Vikings. Besides me seeing the Eagles get their first Superbowl I want the Vikings to get one too.

However, there are now two teams that have not won a Superbowl that will go against each other this coming weekend which will on team has to lose .

And the Jagaurs I like for them to get one too but they got the Patriots which that team goes to the playoffs every season as long as they have Bill Bellichik and Tom Brady. Along with going to the Superbowl most than any team as of now.

Except for the 200I Season when the Patriots did not go to the playoffs which they had a 11-5 season WITHOUT Tom Brady
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 03:59 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Vikings did win the NFL Championship in 1969, the trophy is around here somewhere...so we got that going for us.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:09 PM

14,326 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Tough to decide! Three teams without a SB win, Jaguars have been in the AFC Championship game before but no SB.

Eagles and Vikings have been to the SB but on the losing side, Eagles more recent than the Vikings, who went to the SB 4 times in the 70s but did not win.

I favor the NFC so an Eagles or a Vikings win would be o.k.! Vikings win would drive some Packer fans crazy, would be kind of fun to read their comments. I have an account at Packers.com and comments after articles are silly sometimes. Packers put a Vikings picture at the head of a column today, I thought it was funny, other fans not so much!

Old 01-15-2018, 04:44 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,423,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Tough to decide! Three teams without a SB win, Jaguars have been in the AFC Championship game before but no SB.

Eagles and Vikings have been to the SB but on the losing side, Eagles more recent than the Vikings, who went to the SB 4 times in the 70s but did not win.

I favor the NFC so an Eagles or a Vikings win would be o.k.! Vikings win would drive some Packer fans crazy, would be kind of fun to read their comments. I have an account at Packers.com and comments after articles are silly sometimes. Packers put a Vikings picture at the head of a column today, I thought it was funny, other fans not so much!
Yes. The Vikings did go to the Superbowl. One against the Steelers and another against the Raiders and couple other times after that

Old 01-15-2018, 05:08 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
The remaining teams’ SB records:

Patriots: 5-4
Vikings: 0-4
Eagles: 0-2
Jaguars: 0-0

The AFCCG features a pair of teams, one of which is looking to further solidly its league record number of SB appearances as well as tie a league record number of SB wins while the other team is looking for its first SB appearance.

The NFCCG features a pair of multiple SB-loss teams each vying for their first win.

The AFCCG is first. If the Jaguars pull the upset we will watch the NFCCG knowing that no matter what happens, someone will be winning their first SB. That’s kind of cool.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:15 PM

14,326 posts, read 14,623,274 times
I think it is awesome but I'm older, a fan of football, I don't get into "hate your rival", can't do it. Overall, I would rather see some new teams be competitive, makes the season more fun.

What the Jags have accomplished after being 3-13 in '16, what a turn around, and wouldn't it be something if they did win!

Old 01-15-2018, 08:39 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Vikings and Jaguars would be great to see.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-20-2018 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: mod edit-one sentence deleted as off topic

Old 01-16-2018, 12:07 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,992,958 times
It is high time a new Super Bowl winner emerges! I personally favour either the Eagles or Vikings (my two favourite NFL teams), but can live with the Jaguars winning if it had to boil down to that! It is BORING if the same teams win over and over again!

Old 01-16-2018, 04:44 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrconfusion87 View Post
It is high time a new Super Bowl winner emerges! I personally favour either the Eagles or Vikings (my two favourite NFL teams), but can live with the Jaguars winning if it had to boil down to that! It is BORING if the same teams win over and over again!
one benefit from having new teams in, is the reduction of yammering from the fans of those other teams that didn't make the playoffs, prattling on and on about the same topic over and over again.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:40 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Yes. The Vikings did go to the Superbowl. One against the Steelers and another against the Raiders and couple other times after that
Lost to the Chiefs and My Finz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football