Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 08:43 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Sunday night games have started losing its prestige a bit too
Maybe (I still like them), but they still blow away any other sport - NBA, MLB and NHL when it comes to ratings.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:25 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
Bottom line to me, I enjoy football, don't care where it falls in the ratings. People putting importance on the fact ratings are lower doesn't matter either.

Old 09-09-2018, 09:52 AM

5,189 posts, read 6,139,618 times
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Bottom line to me, I enjoy football, don't care where it falls in the ratings. People putting importance on the fact ratings are lower doesn't matter either.
My feelings exactly.......although I am getting weary of the pre game talking head shows and fantasy league spots. Too much gloss and show biz on these shows now a days!

Rex Ryan.......please

I guess it is hard teaching this old dog new tricks

Last edited by JBtwinz; 09-09-2018 at 10:01 AM..

Old 09-09-2018, 12:28 PM

9 posts, read 3,934 times
For years I watched anything and everything NFL but not in years. It is not fun anymore and it is not football anymore. The game is boring, its all ads now, the announcers are boring now. I do however LOVE watching old games on youtube!

Old 09-09-2018, 12:33 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn9 View Post
For years I watched anything and everything NFL but not in years. It is not fun anymore and it is not football anymore. The game is boring, its all ads now, the announcers are boring now. I do however LOVE watching old games on youtube!
Last part true

Old 09-09-2018, 01:23 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,544,801 times
Maybe the ratings are down because the commentators never shut up. They talk to hear themselves talk. No reason to watch the game. So, so annoying!!

Old 09-09-2018, 02:04 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Maybe the ratings are down because the commentators never shut up. They talk to hear themselves talk. No reason to watch the game. So, so annoying!!
Commentators can be an annoyance but their impact on people watching games is minute if anything. In a worst case scenario you can watch with no sound. I watch my games in a bar and the sound is never on my game.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:03 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Maybe this has been discussed, but I haven't seen it...

So, from all the threads I read here, it seems that NFL viewership is down and continues to fall - according to a lot of you because those big bad black men are hurting your feeling and making the flag cry.

So, I'm curious, why has been pushing NASCAR ratings down and down for the last decade. At one time the "sport" was the biggest in America. I don't see any big black men kneeling there... what's up with that?

Old 09-09-2018, 05:09 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post

So, from all the threads I read here. It seems that NFL viewership is down and continues to fall - according to a lot of you because those big bad black men are hurting your feeling and making the flag cry.

So, I'm curious, why has been pushing NASCAR ratings down and down for the last decade. At one time the "sport" was the biggest in America. I don't see any big black men kneeling there... what's up with that?
The reality is that NASCAR has been in decline for the last 12 years. TV ratings continue to drop. Track attendance continues to drop. Car sponsors continue to leave the sport and the ones that either come in, or stick around pay less.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:01 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl

So, from all the threads I read here, it seems that NFL viewership is down and continues to fall - according to a lot of you because those big bad black men are hurting your feeling and making the flag cry.

The reason you haven't seen it in this thread is that pretty much all the regular pro football posters on this message board has weighed in on this kneeling controversy on several different threads, such as---

"Anyone here boycotting the NFL"--Sports forum---388 posts--thread is closed
"NFL's Respect The Flag Policy"--Football sub forum--90 posts--thread was closed a few weeks ago
And a similar thread from 2017 on the pro football sub forum--208 posts--thread was closed last November.

I even made a couple of these threads *stickies*---and caught hell for it.

With a post like yours you should start your own thread on this in P/OC. Everybody else has---do a search on this and cross reference Kaepernick, kneeling, the flag, Goodell. Dozens of threads will pop up.

I kept this thread going for the benefit of the other posters who looked at ratings, overexposure, rule changes, inconsistent referee calls, night games, gasbag NFL analysts, unending idiotic commercials, etc, etc. that was turning people off on the NFL. With a couple small exceptions things have gone ok on this thread regarding this business until now.

So-----Time to close this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football