Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 09:57 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,994,262 times

Advertisements

My picks for week 2:

Panthers @ Falcons: Falcons. After an ugly loss to the defending champs they have extra time to prep for their home opener.

Ravens @ Bengals: Ravens. I'm not fooled by the big win over the Bills, I just think this is the better of these two teams.

Chargers @ Bills: Chargers. Even as I picked them to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl I acknowledged the Chargers are a dangerous pick because they are notorious for under performing. If they drop this one I will be on the 2018 predictions thread acknowledging my Super Bowl prediction is already wrong!

Vikings @ Packers: Packers. On the assumption Aaron Rodgers is starting.

Texans @ Titans: Texans. Both lost by identical scores last week. Not that it matters, just a fun fact for the trivia nerds out there. Texans bring a better balance between offense and defense and take this one.

Browns @ Saints: Saints. They're not going to look past anyone after the Bucs hung 48 on them. Plus they have to take the Browns seriously: the Browns have a better record!

Dolphins @ Jets: Jets. The Jets looked impressive on defense and Darnold looked the part in his NFL debut. It's one game, but the Jets looked good enough to have me second guessing my predictions for them prior to the season starting.

Chiefs @ Steelers: Chiefs. I'm not jumping on the band wagon just because their offense lit up what was supposed to be a good Chargers defense. At this point this pick is more an indictment on the Steelers. Their game on Sunday was ugly and in ugly conditions, but right now I am less confident in Ben's ability to rebound than I am the Chiefs ability to keep their momentum going.

Eagles @ Buccaneers: Eagles. if the Bucs have a good offensive performance in this one, even with a loss, I wonder if Winston will even be able to get a shot this year.

Colts @ Redskins: Redskins. Having spent the last 6 years in the Redskins market and becoming somewhat familiar with their fans, the excitement of a 2-0 start will have people calling the local radio shows with Super Bowl predictions. A loss and book it: Someone will call with a top-5 draft order prediction.

Cardinals @ Rams: Rams. A slow start ended in a 20 point route over the Raiders. Just think what a fast start gets you?

Lions @ 49ers: 49ers. To a great extent I expect Stafford to rebound from a disastrous performance against the Jets, but this is a new regime running the show and we all know how well the BB coaching tree does away from the mothership. Detroit's best hope is if Patricia has some inside intel from his and Jimmy G's days with the Patriots.

Raiders @ Broncos: Broncos. The Broncos new look offense made plenty of mistakes but still piled up 470 yards of offense and a solid 27 points. They got a lot of chances because their defense, while making a few big mistakes of their own, also forced the Seahawks into a few mistakes as well. If they clean up both sides of the ball they just may run away with this one.

Patriots @ Jaguars: Patriots. Maybe this is a mistake but I'm just not ready to start picking the Bortles-led Jaguars over the Brady-led Patriots. It's a statement game for the Jags, should they prove me wrong.

Giants @ Cowboys: Giants. True to form, the Giants in week 1 proved again to be my nemesis. My record picking games involving the Giants is lower than any other team. So Cowboys fans...You're welcome.

Seahawks @ Bears: Bears. Tough sledding for the Seahawks. Denver in week 1 and a rejuvenated Bears on MNF in week 2. Both on the road. Before the Mack trade this would be harder to pick, but he vastly improves that defense. This week the Bears finish what they start.

Good luck everyone! I will have additional thoughts on the AFC West games posted on that thread for anyone who is interested.

Last edited by iknowftbll; 09-12-2018 at 10:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 10:15 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
My picks for week 2:

Panthers @ Falcons: Falcons. After an ugly loss to the defending champs they have extra time to prep for their home opener.

Chargers @ Bills: Chargers. Even as I picked them to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl I acknowledged the Chargers are a dangerous pick because they are notorious for under performing. If they drop this one I will be on the 2018 predictions thread acknowledging my Super Bowl prediction is already wrong!

Vikings @ Packers: Packers. On the assumption Aaron Rodgers is starting.

Texans @ Titans: Texans. Both lost by identical scores last week. Not that it matters, just a fun fact for the trivia nerds out there. Texans bring a better balance between offense and defense and take this one.

Browns @ Saints: Saints. They're not going to look past anyone after the Bucs hung 48 on them. Plus they have to take the Browns seriously: the Browns have a better record!

Dolphins @ Jets: Jets. The Jets looked impressive on defense and Darnold looked the part in his NFL debut. It's one game, but the Jets looked good enough to have me second guessing my predictions for them prior to the season starting.

Chiefs @ Steelers: Chiefs. I'm not jumping on the band wagon just because their offense lit up what was supposed to be a good Chargers defense. At this point this pick is more an indictment on the Steelers. Their game on Sunday was ugly and in ugly conditions, but right now I am less confident in Ben's ability to rebound than I am the Chiefs ability to keep their momentum going.

Eagles @ Buccaneers: Eagles. if the Bucs have a good offensive performance in this one, even with a loss, I wonder if Winston will even be able to get a shot this year.

Colts @ Redskins: Redskins. Having spent the last 6 years in the Redskins market and becoming somewhat familiar with their fans, the excitement of a 2-0 start will have people calling the local radio shows with Super Bowl predictions. A loss and book it: Someone will call with a top-5 draft order prediction.

Cardinals @ Rams: Rams. A slow start ended in a 20 point route over the Raiders. Just think what a fast start gets you?

Lions @ 49ers: 49ers. To a great extent I expect Stafford to rebound from a disastrous performance against the Jets, but this is a new regime running the show and we all know how well the BB coaching tree does away from the mothership. Detroit's best hope is if Patricia has some inside intel from his and Jimmy G's days with the Patriots.

Raiders @ Broncos: Broncos. The Broncos new look offense made plenty of mistakes but still piled up 470 yards of offense and a solid 27 points. They got a lot of chances because their defense, while making a few big mistakes of their own, also forced the Seahawks into a few mistakes as well. If they clean up both sides of the ball they just may run away with this one.

Patriots @ Jaguars: Patriots. Maybe this is a mistake but I'm just not ready to start picking the Bortles-led Jaguars over the Brady-led Patriots. It's a statement game for the Jags, should they prove me wrong.

Giants @ Cowboys: Giants. True to form, the Giants in week 1 proved again to be my nemesis. My record picking games involving the Giants is lower than any other team. So Cowboys fans...You're welcome.

Seahawks @ Bears: Bears. Tough sledding for the Seahawks. Denver in week 1 and a rejuvenated Bears on MNF in week 2. Both on the road. Before the Mack trade this would be harder to pick, but he vastly improves that defense. This week the Bears finish what they start.

Good luck everyone! I will have additional thoughts on the AFC West games posted on that thread for anyone who is interested.
You forgot Ravens Bengals!

Old 09-12-2018, 10:16 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,994,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Thanks, just added!

Old 09-12-2018, 11:40 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,929,906 times
Week 2........here we go!

Ravens
Falcons
Chargers
Vikings
Texans
Saints
Dolphins
Steelers
Eagles
Redskins
Rams
49ers
Broncos
Jaguars
Cowboys
Bears

Old 09-12-2018, 11:42 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,929,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post

No surprise there, that *&^%$#@! Thursday night game.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:23 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
No surprise there, that *&^%$#@! Thursday night game.
Yeah those games are clunkers. Too many injuries

Old 09-12-2018, 08:35 PM

2,032 posts, read 1,600,103 times
Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals
Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons
Los Angeles Chargers @ Buffalo Bills
Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans
Cleveland Brown @ New Orleans Saints
Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets
Kansas City Chiefs @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Indianapolis Colts @ Washington Redskins
Arizona Cardinals @ Los Angeles Rams
Detroit Lions @ San Francisco 49ers
Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos
New England Patriots @ Jacksonville Jaguars
New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys
Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears

10-5 week 1(not including tie)

Old 09-12-2018, 10:04 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,224,032 times
Picking Thursday game now, will get the rest later.

Ravens over Bengals in a close one.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:08 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Picking Thursday game now, will get the rest later.

Ravens over Bengals in a close one.
Same here. Will get the rest in tomorrow after work.

For now:

Balt over Cinci

Old 09-13-2018, 12:13 AM

3,687 posts, read 2,407,554 times
Week 2, 2018 - picks

Bengals
Saints
Redskins
Vikings
Chargers
Steelers
Titans
Eagles
Falcons
Jets
Rams
49ers
Patriots
Broncos
Cowboys
Bears
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football