Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2018, 06:04 AM

7,592 posts, read 6,074,941 times

Advertisements

Yesterday while taking my young adult son to the store, we saw this item.

Creepy? not as much as my idea for it. While I DID NOT buy one, my idea was to have one on hand, and anytime there are complaints directed my direction (Food quality, house cleanliness, not dropping what I am doing for spoiled teenagers etc) then I would place the mask on and just stare.
My son did not like the idea, but I figured it would either get results (or get me banished to the garage)

Speaking of which, one may come in handy for fans of two certain teams. I do not know if they make one in a Buffalo or a Cardinal but I would consider wearing that while watching the team plays. Who knows? It may even get some of the players to perform like pros.

Anyway, starting with the BOTTOM 10 Here are the Cats week 3 Power Rankings.

32 Bill's Buffaloes I can feel your Pain, Bill. I have been a FINZ FAN for my whole life. But when players quit and walkout at halftime, something really really bad is going on within the organization. When the best RB is hurt and going to play anyway....Ouch! You are right...they are tough to watch. Good News: The failure of the team down the NFL Sewer has caused an Absence of that Arsehole that no one likes at the sports bar.

31 ARIZONA CARDINALS With Apologies to COLT the Pesky Red Birds are not pestering anyone except the fans to go out and keep buying merchandise. Which is interesting because A week ago I had someone wanting to buy my sons Collection and he wanted to sell it. Now she has disappeared. Having a fickle fan base and a losing team does that. Oh Well. Still have the Grand Canyon.

30 DETROIT LIONS I am having a Letterman-style field day making jokes about the new coach, calling him "Tub of Goo" and how he is so fat that his belly button gets to the game 15 minutes before he does. But like Letterman's show, the Lions season will grow old fast, and fans will have to turn on something else to watch.

29 N Y GIANTS How do you get wiped by a mediocre Cowboy team ? You have to have a lot of problems. The Giants seem to have a lot of problems, in spite of the potential talent.

28 OAKLAND RAIDERS Chucky will have a long way to go to build this team up. It took him a while last time, and he only won a Super Bowl because he inherited the team that Tony Dungy built. Keep things in perspective. On better front, there will be a dispensary right across from the new Vegas stadium. (Not that the Cat encourages recreational use of Catnip, but what happens in Vegas....)

27 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS I think the world of Pete Carroll and hate that they are losing.

26 HOUSTON TEXICANS No excuse (except bad coaching) No Excuse for how this team has performed.

25 CLEVELAND BROWNS OK Sorrrrrrrrrrrrry I like the Browns, I like the tradition and the old school uniforms they used to wear, But Hue Jackson is inching his way out the door and when that happens the team will scrap everything and start all over again.

24 WASHINGTON REDSKINS I thought they were better. I really did. Maybe Hue Jackson will have some company in lie at the unemployment office

23 NY JETS Someone who never posts on this forum will come on here and say "Uh uh......(slurp) The Browns beat the jets this week " The Jets are inconsistent as always and that does not work in the NFL.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 DALLAS COWBOYS No they are NOT that good.....they beat up on a really really bad team at home, but when they are 7-9 at the end of the season, you can say "That Cat was right about something"

21 TENNESEE TITANS

20 LUCKY COLTS

19 SAN FRISCO 49ers

18 NEVERMORE RAVENS

17 MY FINZ

16 PITTSBURGH STEELERS You think Vontae Davis quit so he could hang out with Laveon Bell? Is Walmart that good all of the sudden?

15 CHICAGO BEARS

14 DENVER BRONCOS

13 PINK PANTHERS

12 CINCY BENGALS

11 New ORLEANS SAINTS Better than their record shows.....

10 SAN ANGELES CHARGERS

9 ATLANTA FALCONS

8 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

7 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS Don't worry Winston will be back soon and cause them to lose

6 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS played "not very well" according to the coach

5 MINNESOTA VIKINGS I just remembered ...that same guy who told me that Cousins will be the perfect QB for the Vikings also said that the Packers would move to Milwuakee and that Obama was a Muslim terrorist.........

4 SUSAN's PACKERS

3 K C CHIEFS Need to revisit the one thing I got right so far...the Chiefs winning the AFC West

2 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS Nice to see a CAT TEAM in the top 5

1 [B]LOS ANGELES RAMS [/b] Can they please go back to the Old late 60s uniforms?

OK Folks Now add your list in the next post and comments are always welcome And remember
DON'T skip your morning Starbucks to bet on what I say here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 07:49 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,602,879 times
Interesting list, Cat! Eagles rather high, we'll see with Wentz coming back this week! Packers ahead of the Vikings, I like it!

The Pats #6 is interesting as media talking heads always have them at the top, or close! This is season is starting out to be rather different and we'll see if the trend continues!

Old 09-18-2018, 09:35 AM
YAZ

7,705 posts, read 14,073,013 times
Hey, the Rams are ALMOST there.....just got to get rid of the last of that gold trim.

And.....you didn't enjoy my Lions' 4th quarter come back last week?

Oh.

Wait a minute.

Oops.

Last edited by YAZ; 09-18-2018 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: add

Old 09-18-2018, 09:50 AM

Hey, Yaz, I didn't pick the Lions this week! Thought about it, then went no, they'll burn you if you do!

Old 09-18-2018, 09:55 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,989,467 times
Not power ranking related but your comment about the Rams uniforms reminds me the Jags played in their throwback uniform from about 15 years ago. I forgot how much better that uniform is than the current one. Out of all the new uniforms the Jags is one of the better ones (read: is one of the least smelly piles of crap) but the two-tone helmet is awful. Those throwbacks looked pretty good though.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:55 AM

939 posts, read 504,725 times
Tampa should be much higher, and certainly firmly above New England: shouldn’t be debatable. These rankings I would assume be reflective of what has happened this season to this point?

Old 09-18-2018, 10:03 AM

Possibly or KingCats individual thoughts, which could be totally opposite of what one would expect!

Old 09-18-2018, 02:58 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,604,412 times
You're right, Cat Man. No apology needed. I totally agree that the Cards belong in the lower levels of the NFL cellar.

I'm not sure they should even be that high though!

Old 09-19-2018, 11:18 AM
YAZ

7,705 posts, read 14,073,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Hey, Yaz, I didn't pick the Lions this week! Thought about it, then went no, they'll burn you if you do!
What could possibly go wrong with a Lions pick?

Back in the old days, we found a new way to lose every week. It was challenging. Now, it's the same old thing. No run defense, horrible special teams, and too many penalties. (offensive game plan is offensive, but I'm just an armchair QB)

Patriots. 35-10
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football