Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 08:46 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times

Advertisements

Looks like a tough week for picking.

Titans over Redskins
Chargers over Ravens
Browns over Bengals
Cowboys over Bucs
Vikings over Lions
Pats over Bills
Packers over Jets
Texans over Eagles
Falcons over Panthers
Colts over Giants
Dolphins over Jaguars
Rams over Cardinals
Bears over 49ers
Saints over Steelers
Chiefs over Seahawks
Broncos over Raiders
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 08:55 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Washington @ Tennessee
Baltimore @ Los Angeles Chargers

Cincinnati @ Cleveland
Tampa Bay @ Dallas
Minnesota @ Detroit
New York Giants @ Indianapolis
Jacksonville @ Miami
Buffalo @ New England
Green Bay @ New York Jets
Houston @ Philadelphia
Atlanta @ Carolina
Los Angeles Rams @ Arizona
Chicago @ San Francisco
Pittsburgh @ New Orleans
Kansas City @ Seattle

Denver @ Oakland
Carolina will finally win this weekend, but too little too late.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:16 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Washington @ Tennessee
Baltimore @ Los Angeles Chargers

Cincinnati @ Cleveland
Tampa Bay @ Dallas
Minnesota @ Detroit
New York Giants @ Indianapolis
Jacksonville @ Miami
Buffalo @ New England
Green Bay @ New York Jets
Houston @ Philadelphia
Atlanta @ Carolina
Los Angeles Rams @ Arizona
Chicago @ San Francisco
Pittsburgh @ New Orleans
Kansas City @ Seattle

Denver @ Oakland

Season: 146-76

Old 12-20-2018, 07:58 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Washington @ Tennessee-Both teams are still in the playoff hunt. I remember the Titans made the playoffs last year and they very well could nab the second wild card if the Ravens lose to the Chargers. They really are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. They get no respect, but they're a pretty dangerous football team with Derrick Henry running the ball like he has been and a pretty solid defense. I trust the Fighting Mariotas over the Skins with their 4th stringer in there.

Baltimore @ Los Angeles Chargers-I've been ragging the Chargers for being homeless all year and called them pretenders last week. After the win at Arrowhead last week, I'll gladly eat crow and admit that I wrong like I have been with my picks most of the year. Chargers are legitimate. Even so, I'm taking the Ravens in an upset here. As they say, defense travels, and I think the Ravens will be a tad hungrier since the Chargers have already clinched a playoff berth. One more loss and the Ravens are likely out of the playoffs.

Cincinnati @ Cleveland-It would take a miracle for the Browns to make the playoffs this year, but the future looks bright in Cleveland. They're definitely the better team in Ohio now, especially with Andy Dalton, A.J. Green, and Hue Jackson on Cincy's sidelines.

Tampa Bay @ Dallas-I can't have Jerry's World winning the NFC Least, so for this week only I hope Winston is the one doing the smoking. Cowgirls got blanked last week and the Bucs have offensive firepower, so who knows?

Minnesota @ Detroit-I said the Viqueens would go 9-7 with Cousins under center. I changed it to 9-6-1 after they tied the Packers. It's fortunate for Minnesota that 9-6-1 will earn them a playoff spot this year. I'm sure Matt Stafford, Jim Bob Cooter, and the portly Matt Patricia would love nothing more than to play spoiler, but that's not happening. Cousins feasts on football teams with losing records.

New York Giants @ Indianapolis-How bout them Colts? I honestly didn't see them doing this well this season, but they have Luck on their side. They blanked the Cowboys last week and bless them for doing that. It made me very happy. And they play the Giants who got blanked last week. Can the Colts pitch another shutout? I doubt it, but they should be able to get another win as they fight for their playoff lives.

Jacksonville @ Miami-Da Finz have been a really good team at home. so they should take care of the Jags who are contention for biggest dumpster fire.

Buffalo @ New England-I can't see the Dark Side losing 3 in a row, so I'll take them to win another AFC East title against the Bills. To make matters worse, I think they'll somehow find a way to clinch the first round bye despite being the worst Pats team in recent memory.

Green Bay @ New York Jets-As bad as this season has gone for the Pack, I think they should be able to beat the grounded Jets. Of course this team did lose to the Cardinals.

Houston @ Philadelphia-In Nick Foles we trust. Nick Foles has breathed new life into the Eagles. If they can beat the Rams at the Coliseum, I think they can take care of the Texans at home and hopefully catch the Cowboys to take the NFC Least.

Atlanta @ Carolina-I was the only idiot to pick the Cardinals to beat the Dirty Birds last week. While the Panthers have lost 6 in a row and played themselves out of the playoffs, I still can't take the Falcons who have burned me too many times over the years.

Los Angeles Rams @ Arizona-After a 2-game skid, the Rams resume their winning ways against a Cardinals team who have nothing to be gained by winning this game. Cardinals are now projected to get the 2019 number 1 pick. Rams really need to right the ship before the playoffs start and I expect them to give the Cards a woodshed beating.

Chicago @ San Francisco-No one has picked my Niners the last 2 weeks and they won both games. While I wanted them to get the number 1 pick, I was ecstatic that they beat the Seahawks in OT. That shows that progress is being made and there are some nice building blocks for the future. I can't see them beating Da Bears who are still in the hunt for a first-round bye if the Rams or Saints slip up.

Pittsburgh @ New Orleans-Steelers seem to play to their level of their competition more than any other team, and I expect them to pull off the upset here. They're also prone to streaking. They had a 6-game winning steak followed by a 3-game losing streak. They beat the Pats last week and I think they'll win out to take the AFC North title. The Saints will be okay. They can lose this and still get the number 1 seed. They haven't seemed as dominant as earlier in the year, but I'd still consider them the best team in the NFL right now.

Kansas City @ Seattle-This is a classic Andy Reid team. They got off to a hot start and then they fizzle towards the end of the season. I really hope this season is different with Mahomes under center. I don't think the loss of Kareem Hunt is that devastating since any running back in KC's system seems to play well. It's their defense that is suspect. If the Chargers and Texans lose like I predicted, the Chiefs will still have the number 1 seed. Therefore, I don't think they'll play with the urgency or intensity the Seahawks will play with at home on Sunday Night Football as they solidify the 5th seed.

Denver @ Oakland-Maybe it was a long shot, but the Broncos sure did blow a golden opportunity to make the playoffs losing to my Niners and Browns the last two weeks. I think they'll lose to the Gruden Grinder too since it'll probably be the last NFL game ever played in Oakland. I'm sure gonna miss watching them play football on a baseball field.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:58 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Carolina will finally win this weekend, but too little too late.

With Taylor Heinicke at QB?

Old 12-20-2018, 08:23 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
I checked my picks because I thought I might change. However, I picked the Falcons before the news of Cam broke, simply because he looked like he couldn't throw.

Old 12-20-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Washington @ Tennessee-Both teams are still in the playoff hunt. I remember the Titans made the playoffs last year and they very well could nab the second wild card if the Ravens lose to the Chargers. They really are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. They get no respect, but they're a pretty dangerous football team with Derrick Henry running the ball like he has been and a pretty solid defense. I trust the Fighting Mariotas over the Skins with their 4th stringer in there.

Baltimore @ Los Angeles Chargers-I've been ragging the Chargers for being homeless all year and called them pretenders last week. After the win at Arrowhead last week, I'll gladly eat crow and admit that I wrong like I have been with my picks most of the year. Chargers are legitimate. Even so, I'm taking the Ravens in an upset here. As they say, defense travels, and I think the Ravens will be a tad hungrier since the Chargers have already clinched a playoff berth. One more loss and the Ravens are likely out of the playoffs.

Cincinnati @ Cleveland-It would take a miracle for the Browns to make the playoffs this year, but the future looks bright in Cleveland. They're definitely the better team in Ohio now, especially with Andy Dalton, A.J. Green, and Hue Jackson on Cincy's sidelines.

Tampa Bay @ Dallas-I can't have Jerry's World winning the NFC Least, so for this week only I hope Winston is the one doing the smoking. Cowgirls got blanked last week and the Bucs have offensive firepower, so who knows?

Minnesota @ Detroit-I said the Viqueens would go 9-7 with Cousins under center. I changed it to 9-6-1 after they tied the Packers. It's fortunate for Minnesota that 9-6-1 will earn them a playoff spot this year. I'm sure Matt Stafford, Jim Bob Cooter, and the portly Matt Patricia would love nothing more than to play spoiler, but that's not happening. Cousins feasts on football teams with losing records.

New York Giants @ Indianapolis-How bout them Colts? I honestly didn't see them doing this well this season, but they have Luck on their side. They blanked the Cowboys last week and bless them for doing that. It made me very happy. And they play the Giants who got blanked last week. Can the Colts pitch another shutout? I doubt it, but they should be able to get another win as they fight for their playoff lives.

Jacksonville @ Miami-Da Finz have been a really good team at home. so they should take care of the Jags who are contention for biggest dumpster fire.

Buffalo @ New England-I can't see the Dark Side losing 3 in a row, so I'll take them to win another AFC East title against the Bills. To make matters worse, I think they'll somehow find a way to clinch the first round bye despite being the worst Pats team in recent memory.

Green Bay @ New York Jets-As bad as this season has gone for the Pack, I think they should be able to beat the grounded Jets. Of course this team did lose to the Cardinals.

Houston @ Philadelphia-In Nick Foles we trust. Nick Foles has breathed new life into the Eagles. If they can beat the Rams at the Coliseum, I think they can take care of the Texans at home and hopefully catch the Cowboys to take the NFC Least.

Atlanta @ Carolina-I was the only idiot to pick the Cardinals to beat the Dirty Birds last week. While the Panthers have lost 6 in a row and played themselves out of the playoffs, I still can't take the Falcons who have burned me too many times over the years.

Los Angeles Rams @ Arizona-After a 2-game skid, the Rams resume their winning ways against a Cardinals team who have nothing to be gained by winning this game. Cardinals are now projected to get the 2019 number 1 pick. Rams really need to right the ship before the playoffs start and I expect them to give the Cards a woodshed beating.

Chicago @ San Francisco-No one has picked my Niners the last 2 weeks and they won both games. While I wanted them to get the number 1 pick, I was ecstatic that they beat the Seahawks in OT. That shows that progress is being made and there are some nice building blocks for the future. I can't see them beating Da Bears who are still in the hunt for a first-round bye if the Rams or Saints slip up.

Pittsburgh @ New Orleans-Steelers seem to play to their level of their competition more than any other team, and I expect them to pull off the upset here. They're also prone to streaking. They had a 6-game winning steak followed by a 3-game losing streak. They beat the Pats last week and I think they'll win out to take the AFC North title. The Saints will be okay. They can lose this and still get the number 1 seed. They haven't seemed as dominant as earlier in the year, but I'd still consider them the best team in the NFL right now.

Kansas City @ Seattle-This is a classic Andy Reid team. They got off to a hot start and then they fizzle towards the end of the season. I really hope this season is different with Mahomes under center. I don't think the loss of Kareem Hunt is that devastating since any running back in KC's system seems to play well. It's their defense that is suspect. If the Chargers and Texans lose like I predicted, the Chiefs will still have the number 1 seed. Therefore, I don't think they'll play with the urgency or intensity the Seahawks will play with at home on Sunday Night Football as they solidify the 5th seed.

Denver @ Oakland-Maybe it was a long shot, but the Broncos sure did blow a golden opportunity to make the playoffs losing to my Niners and Browns the last two weeks. I think they'll lose to the Gruden Grinder too since it'll probably be the last NFL game ever played in Oakland. I'm sure gonna miss watching them play football on a baseball field.
But, I'm sure they will like homefield, that's something to play hard for.

Old 12-20-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
With Taylor Heinicke at QB?
They are playing Atlanta, their defense should get this done for them. Atlanta isn't going anywhere, should be no fight left in them. But, I been wrong most of the season so we shall see.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:14 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
But, I'm sure they will like homefield, that's something to play hard for.
Good point, ipaper. I don't think it matters for the Chargers to have homefield as much as other teams considering their fans are outnumbered by the opposing team's fans at home games. I think the first-round bye would be more enticing for the Chargers than the homefield advantage. Chargers will probably beat the Ravens. I just went with the Ravens because my picking record is so bad I have nothing to lose.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:33 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Titans
Ravens
Browns
Cowboys
Lions
Colts
Dolphins
Patriots
Jets
Eagles
Falcons
Rams
Bears
Saints
Seahawks
Raiders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football