Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2019, 06:42 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Chiefs and Rams all the way: well, I can dream can't I. I do think the Chiefs will do it, Rams probably not.
I'm a Saints fan so hoping they can pull that off. I can definitely see this game going either way though, the Rams have an outstanding team.

I do give a slight edge to the Chiefs but it's so hard to go against Bellichick and Brady because they have been so dominant.

I'm hoping for a Saints and Patriots Super Bowl and for Brees to get his 2nd SB title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 07:28 AM

5,825 posts, read 5,632,476 times
Since the merger (1970), both road teams won on Championship Sunday only three times: 1992, 1997, and 2012. Additionally, the away team has won only 30 times on Championship Sunday, a win percentage of .313. Home field matters a great deal in the NFL!

Old 01-20-2019, 07:52 AM

938 posts, read 1,228,891 times
Default Andy - "Time in Sun" or "Not"

Does Andy seem like that Fatherly Coach? I just get that kind of feeling when I watch him. A play goes wrong and he just seems to give a stare and then goes to the next play. When really bad he looks up at the play monitor seems to stare a little longer then back to his play chart. Belichick seems to look at an error places his arms side to side and looks expressionless.
As a player of the two Bill has to be more intimidating. Both has a winning resume but are they any where near being in the same class. Bill is legendary. Andy as good as he coaches all you ever hear in Philly is "time management". Pretty crazy that you can be that good at coaching and be faulted for something like time management. Any way 2 lions go at it today. I want KC to win and that'll take some doing and much more than just time mabagement.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:26 AM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times
I would like to see KC win but Andy Reid scares me with his crisis game planning sometimes. As a Packer fan, he seems too much McCarthy like at times (and I was a McCarthy supporter until recently). Hopefully KC can do this. Will be good games today (I hope) the old against the new!

Old 01-20-2019, 10:17 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
As a Metairie native, I'm a born and bred Saints (and sometimes Aints) fan but Mahomes was born in my current city and attended my daughter's high school, so I'm also stoked about the Chiefs game today. I'd love to see a Saints/Chiefs Superbowl!!!!!!!

My dogs should be very afraid by this evening. They hate football season because their "parents" yell at the TV and do a lot of jumping around, and occasionally cussing.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:20 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,950 times
While the NFL likely set the schedule for today's games beforehand (before Divisional round), it would've definitely made more sense to put the AFC game first for weather's sake (safety/comfort of fans attending). On the NFC side, the strong odds of who would be hosting would be either a dome team (Saints, Cowboys) or warm weather team (Rams). Thus the NFC game could've been the night game.

The AFC host would have either been the Chiefs or Patriots (or Chargers), and it would've made sense to have them play the afternoon game where it's a little warmer outside.

As a Rams fan, I would've preferred to watch the Chiefs/Patriots first haha, because today I may be a little salty when I watch that game.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:47 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Chiefs and Rams all the way: well, I can dream can't I. I do think the Chiefs will do it, Rams probably not.
I like Chiefs/Rams too.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:12 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
I don’t have a strong preference in the NFC game. I like Brees and I like a pair of former Broncos nownplaying for the Rams in Talib and Anderson. In the AFC, I can never Root for a divisional rival and I honestly don’t mind the thought of the Patriots in another Super Bowl. I’ll be rooting for either of the NFC teams over either of the AFC teams in the Super Bowl.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm a Saints fan so hoping they can pull that off. I can definitely see this game going either way though, the Rams have an outstanding team.

I do give a slight edge to the Chiefs but it's so hard to go against Bellichick and Brady because they have been so dominant.

I'm hoping for a Saints and Patriots Super Bowl and for Brees to get his 2nd SB title.
Hard for me to say but I would not cry if the Saints do win. After the Redskins, Rams and Chiefs I like the Saints. All I know is I don't want to see the darn Patriots in there again.

Old 01-20-2019, 12:14 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Hey, guess what my dog's name is. Best dog name in the entire world. His name is WhoDat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football