Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2019, 08:17 PM

45,581 posts, read 27,172,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
And most of America goes to bed unhappy.
I hope not... except for maybe real Ram fans.

Everybody who wanted to see the Pats fail need to just move on with life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 08:18 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Seemed like a lame game for sure but all season long we have been told it’s a new era of NFL football and defense is not as important as it used to be. And then we get on the heels of the highest scoring season in league history a 13-3 final score in the super bowl. Would’ve preferred the rams win it but didn’t care deeply either way. I like how the game flew in the face of all the offensive trends and rule changes.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:21 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Seemed like a lame game for sure but all season long we have been told it’s a new era of NFL football and defense is not as important as it used to be. And then we get on the heels of the highest scoring season in league history a 13-3 final score in the super bowl. Would’ve preferred the rams win it but didn’t care deeply either way. I like how the game flew in the face of all the offensive trends and rule changes.
Refs were letting them play tonight so defensive players could actually play defense. That led to the low scoring game.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:21 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
At least there won't be that circus side-show that that sham of a Eagles put on last year boycotting the White House.

Captain America and the Pats are Making Football Great Again!

Best post of the thread, and that ain't saying much Ha Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
Saints vs. Chiefs would have been much better.
Waa! Not My super boWl! Waa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Edelman gets busted for using performance enhancing drugs & then goes on to be given the Super Bowl MVP award. Good policy & look there NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Never turned it on. It is an illegitimate game, the Rams should not have been there. Could the great and powerful Patriots have beaten their rightful opponents the New Orleans Saints? We will never know. The 2019 Super Bowl was tainted and should asterisk next to the results in the record books.
Waa!

Wow, there's more butthurt up in here than in the politics subforum. Waa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Yes, yes, yes!!!
Congrats to you, your team, your fellow fans, your city.

Enjoy the tears from the h8rz.

Some folks saw a boring game. I saw good defense, balls ripped out of rcvrs hands in the endzone, what more can you ask for? Bad coverage and a high scoring game? Y'all don't know what good football is.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-03-2019 at 09:25 PM..

Old 02-03-2019, 08:22 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....again.
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:25 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times
13-3? What the hell is this, 1946?

4,454 posts, read 3,392,204 times
This definitely caused a lot of celebration in Patriots town for sure.

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Also, it's sad how many people equate 'good football' with Arena Football-like scoring fests. This was a great football game showcasing defense by by the Patriots primarily but the Rams defense also performed very well. If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you.
Don’t be so dramatic. No one was advocating Arena scores. But it was not a well played game overall. Too many opportunities were missed. The Rams O line was horrible. Not Brady’s best game by a long shot.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:29 PM

45,581 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Why?
Is it because no matter how hard they wish for it, and how good the opponent plays, they should just realize the patriots will get their customary bailout.
I know patriots bandwagoners love to gloat, but that actually says more about them. Gloating over needing help to GET to Super Bowls, and in today's case- to win it!!
Par for the course for them people.
I wanted to see the Pats go down. I'm an Eagles fan... we took them down last year.

Whatever the case may be ... neither one is my team. And I am not going to hate just because they are successful.

Also - many will say the Rams got bailed out getting there.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:31 PM

2,036 posts, read 1,603,591 times
Saints vs. Chiefs would have been much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football