Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2019, 10:10 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I wanted to see the Pats go down. I'm an Eagles fan... we took them down last year.

Whatever the case may be ... neither one is my team. And I am not going to hate just because they are successful.

Also - many will say the Rams got bailed out getting there.

Fair enough. I can't hate true success.
NE is a great well coached and well run franchise.
I guess my thing is that in the postseason, whenever there is a controversial, missed, or bad call or calls that influence the outcome Of Their games, the patriots always benefit. When was the last postseason game the patriots lost due to a blatantly bad call.?
It seems that in the AFC playoffs whenever they are "on the ropes" there is almost always a bailout by a " judgement call" or " unreviewable call" that goes their way to prolong a drive or stop the other teams drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 10:12 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Fair enough. I can't hate true success.
NE is a great well coached and well run franchise.
I guess my thing is that in the postseason, whenever there is a controversial, missed, or bad call or calls that influence the outcome Of Their games, the patriots always benefit. When was the last postseason game the patriots lost due to a blatantly bad call.?
It seems that in the AFC playoffs whenever they are "on the ropes" there is almost always a bailout by a " judgement call" or " unreviewable call" that goes their way to prolong a drive or stop the other teams drive.
Nobody on any TV channel I have watched or Sirius XM radio or newspaper is talking about an call by the refs whatsoever.

Zero.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:14 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....again.
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD.
Congratulations!! Which number were you? Were you on offense or defense?
I watched the whole game and couldn't find you.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:15 PM

6,627 posts, read 4,289,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The discussion is over.

To Rob Parker, Max Kellerman, and all the Patriots detractors.

Tom Brady is the GOAT, Bill Belichick is the greatest coach ever, and the Patriots are the greatest NFL dynasty in history.
No question Brady is the greatest NFL QB ever. The outcome tonight might have been different had they played the Saints. Unfortunately, we'll never know thanks to the 2 Los Angeles based refs. who were so blind they couldn't see an obvious pass interference and head to head.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:34 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
This game was really missing Drew Brees’ presence. Instead we get one of the most boring SBs ever.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:48 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
This game was really missing Drew Brees’ presence. Instead we get one of the most boring SBs ever.

halftime show sucked. Too many commercials killing the flow of the game..........at least with baseball you don't go to commercial until 3 outs or a change of pitcher.....this is killing the flow of the Super Bowl.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:08 PM

Just read there was a 32% decline in Netflix viewership from last year. WOW..

Old 02-03-2019, 11:25 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Too bad he threw an interception in OT when he could have led his team to the Super Bowl.

Would have been fun to watch him throw a few more against the Pats....

Old 02-03-2019, 11:32 PM

76 posts, read 48,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Just read there was a 32% decline in Netflix viewership from last year. WOW..
What does that have to do with the Super Bowl?

Old 02-03-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Too bad he threw an interception in OT when he could have led his team to the Super Bowl.

Would have been fun to watch him throw a few more against the Pats....
The game should have never gone into OT. Are you not aware of the pass interference and head to head calls missed(?) by the 2 refs? The Saints would have gotten a first down, kicked a FG, and the Rams would have gotten the ball back with about 4 seconds left. The Rams deserved to lose the game tonight, and lose they did, BIGTIME, couldn't even score a TD.. Congrats to Tom Brady and the Patriots!

Last edited by Lizap; 02-04-2019 at 12:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football