Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 08:03 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Simply put, the Patriots have been beating everybody. They're averaging something like 7.89 wins a season against non AFC East teams. So even if they were in a very tough division every year and were going .500, they'd still be winning 11 games every year.
The problem with the AFC East is they never have that second dominant team. That second team that can win 12+ plus games and give the Patriots a true test. Possibly even prevent them from winning the division even if the Patriots themselves finish with 12 wins.

I could be wrong, but it seems like the AFC West for instance some what regularly has two teams that win 10+ games. Just this last year two that won 12+ plus. I know the Patriots beat both on their way to the Super Bowl. So it's not like the Patriots can't beat great teams. Just pointing out, when it comes to their division they are the only great team for basically the last 18 years which is crazy. You would think one of the Bills, Jets or Dolphins would have stumbled into a 12+ win season at some point even just on accident.

Brady and Belicheck could both retire today and Pats would still be likely favorites to win the division next year with Hoyer and McDaniels the successor's. That's the state of the division at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 08:05 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Saints benefited from no calls in the playoffs in previous years. They blew a two score lead. They could have managed their playcalling better. It's been nauseating listening to the "Geaux Saints" crowd these past few weeks with no mention of their past no call benefits, poor playcalling and the like. I'll have a hearty Mr. Burns chuckle if the Rams win.
Oh yes, without a doubt. They completely screwed the Vikings in the NFCC in 2012. The refs were on the Saints side on that one without a doubt.

The right team won yesterday - thank God we will not have to deal with the gongshow of "boycotting" of President Trump like last years pathetic winning organization, the Eagles.

That in itself was enough to root for the Pats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The discussion is over.

To Rob Parker, Max Kellerman, and all the Patriots detractors.

Tom Brady is the GOAT, Bill Belichick is the greatest coach ever, and the Patriots are the greatest NFL dynasty in history.

They just hate this team because they get it done with a bunch of undrafted/late-drafted/overlooked white boys who work their -sses off and consistently are the best team in the predominantly black league.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
No previous bad calls by refs could ever be more blatant than that one though. You can't justify that call by referencing any previous bad calls.
I agree it was the most blatant. But it doesn't change the fact that three or four non-calls went against the Rams before the one that went against the Saints. You've surely heard the saying two wrongs make a right, right?

Plus, just don't turn the ball over in overtime and Saints probably win. Or how about run the clock instead of throw in-completions to stop the clock.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The right team won yesterday - thank God we will not have to deal with the gongshow of "boycotting" of President Trump like last years pathetic winning organization, the Eagles.

They just hate this team because they get it done with a bunch of undrafted/late-drafted/overlooked white boys who work their -sses off and consistently are the best team in the predominantly black league.
I'm so glad you are not a real football fan and never around these parts during football season, let alone the off-season.

See you next super bowl i guess.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:16 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Nobody on any TV channel I have watched or Sirius XM radio or newspaper is talking about an call by the refs whatsoever.

Zero.
The only one I can think of that came close was a non call for intentional grounding on Goff. He backed straight back near the end zone, was falling over to his right and tossed the ball near the right sideline, short of the line of scrimmage. The nearest receiver was over ten yards from where the ball landed.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:16 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I'm so glad you are not a real football fan and never around these parts during football season, let alone the off-season.

You mad bro? It's the truth.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:25 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The discussion is over.

To Rob Parker, Max Kellerman, and all the Patriots detractors.

Tom Brady is the GOAT, Bill Belichick is the greatest coach ever, and the Patriots are the greatest NFL dynasty in history.
I still believe that the Steelers hold that distinction. Without Brady what have the Patriots done? Do you think they will have a competitive team after he retires? The Steelers have always been considered a team to beat to get into the post season. They get into the post season themselves on a regular basis. Granted, the Pats Teams with Brady at the helm have run the tables. Now, consider the Colts after Payton Manning.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:27 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Congratulations!! Which number were you? Were you on offense or defense?
I watched the whole game and couldn't find you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Fair enough. I can't hate true success.
NE is a great well coached and well run franchise.
I guess my thing is that in the postseason, whenever there is a controversial, missed, or bad call or calls that influence the outcome Of Their games, the patriots always benefit. When was the last postseason game the patriots lost due to a blatantly bad call.?
It seems that in the AFC playoffs whenever they are "on the ropes" there is almost always a bailout by a " judgement call" or " unreviewable call" that goes their way to prolong a drive or stop the other teams drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Quote:
Oh yes, without a doubt. They completely screwed the Vikings in the NFCC in 2012. The refs were on the Saints side on that one without a doubt.

He's got you there K.

You keep playing up the white card and the White House a bit too much in here. See you back in the P&OC subs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
What a snoozefest!

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-04-2019 at 09:03 AM..

Old 02-04-2019, 08:30 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
I figured the Pats would win prior to the game starting, however it was cemented in my mind when the camera panned to Jared Goff during the National Anthem. His hand was shaking and he looked like he was going to pass out. I turned to my husband and asked if he saw it. He said yes. I told him that it was not going to be a good game for Mr. Goff.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
You mad bro? It's the truth.
LOL.

I know it is true you will disappear. Bandwagon NFL fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football