Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 11:43 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times

Advertisements

The Patriots play like a TEAM. That is what all these other "teams" that are filled thugs and primadonnas and arrogant drama queens just can't quite grasp.

The Patriots play the game right, the old school way, with good play-calling and hard -ss work. Football is a team sport; the Patriots patch up a squad every year of guys that have been kicked to the curb and they still win.

The haters can just deal with the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 11:43 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Last year the Patriots shredded the Eagles' defense and lost - their own defense got shredded. This year their offense struggled to put up points and their defense pretty much shutdown the Rams' offense. What a change a year makes.

How about Jason McCourty. Goes from not winning a single game in 2017 to a Super Bowl champion the next year. He also had a MASSIVE play to breakup what probably would have been a Brandin Cooks TD.

last year Brady didn't have Edelman and he is the key of that passing game.........that's like taking Rice away from Montana and Young. Edelman is Brady go to guy when he needs a first down and move the ball.

If Pats had Edelman last year, Pats probably win.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:50 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
last year Brady didn't have Edelman and he is the key of that passing game.........that's like taking Rice away from Montana and Young. Edelman is Brady go to guy when he needs a first down and move the ball.

If Pats had Edelman last year, Pats probably win.
Maybe. But scoring points and raking up yards wasn't an issue in last years game from what I recall.

Rams did have issues with that this year and they were missing Kupp, arguably their best receiver. Maybe Kupp could have made a difference in this game?

Old 02-04-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Maybe. But scoring points and raking up yards wasn't an issue in last years game from what I recall.

Rams did have issues with that this year and they were missing Kupp, arguably their best receiver. Maybe Kupp could have made a difference in this game?

maybe.....but in my opinion, it was the Rams running game. Gurley 10 carries 35 yards? Anderson 22 yards? come on!

the game was tied all the way 'till 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter, why would the Rams abandon the running game? when Rams don't run the ball they lose.

vs Bears = Rams rushed for 52 yards
vs Saints = Rams rushed for 92 yards
vs Eagles= Rams rushed for 82 yards
vs Saints playoffs a game Rams should have lost: Rams rushed for 77 yards.
vs Patriots = Rams rushed for 62 yards.

Gurly in those 5 games rushed for 68 yards, 28 yards, 48 yards, 10 yards, 35 yards.

you want to beat the Rams and make Goff 1 dimensional then you shut the run and the chances to beat the Rams are very good.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:26 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMoney12345 View Post
Really? Belichick was the last Browns coach to take the Browns to the playoffs! He is one of the greatest of all time coaches
Check your facts.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:33 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
maybe.....but in my opinion, it was the Rams running game. Gurley 10 carries 35 yards? Anderson 22 yards? come on!

the game was tied all the way 'till 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter, why would the Rams abandon the running game? when Rams don't run the ball they lose.

I thought both teams were guilty of that. I even mentioned it in this thread during the game at the start of the second half. Patriots ran the ball with ease on their first possession and then pretty much went away from the running game after their second series where I believe they got stuffed on back to back runs. They didn't come back to the run until their final drive to run the clock down.

Really, the biggest difference in the game is the long completion to Gronk to set up the easy TD. When the Rams tried to make their big play Goff threw a pick. And on a previous drive Goff was late on his throw.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Only one thing matters, and that's scoring more points than the opponent. Because it wasn't pleasant to the eye with scoring and excitement, too bad for the NFL because that's the product they want. Sports is built on winning and not flash. Belichick knows that and so does Brady.
Of course willing is all that matters in the books, but the fact remains it was still a boring game. that is my point only. And I don't think it was the best super bowl ever. In fact I have been watching since day one and it might have been the worst.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:56 PM

76 posts, read 48,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Check your facts.
Oh yeah, you are right, I forgot about the Browns making the playoffs in 2002 when the Browns choked against the Steelers

Old 02-04-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I thought both teams were guilty of that. I even mentioned it in this thread during the game at the start of the second half. Patriots ran the ball with ease on their first possession and then pretty much went away from the running game after their second series where I believe they got stuffed on back to back runs. They didn't come back to the run until their final drive to run the clock down.

Really, the biggest difference in the game is the long completion to Gronk to set up the easy TD. When the Rams tried to make their big play Goff threw a pick. And on a previous drive Goff was late on his throw.
Pats ran the ball in the 4th quarter to kick a fg to seal the game. Rams defense couldn't stop it...that was the game right there.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:59 PM

117 posts, read 99,120 times
Default Here is another take

The Patriots already own most records, so they decided to manage the game in such a fashion that they would win the Super Bowl with the fewest points scored. Yet another record for the Patriots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football