Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 10:39 PM

472 posts, read 326,205 times

Advertisements

Was the AFC Championship game Brady's crowning achievement? Playing in a hostile environment... All of those 3rd down conversions (the first 2 in OT were probably punting situations if they didn't convert)... This Patriots teams is the least talented offense Brady has had around him... No Randy Moss. Gronkowski is a shell of his younger self... And Edelman is hardly the prototype receiver. It takes Brady's surgical accuracy to get him the ball. The comeback against the Falcons in the Super Bowl was great but there's something about the playoffs that's way more exciting than the Super Bowl. Super Bowls don't have the partisan crowd atmosphere. Even if Brady doesn't win the Super Bowl he can still hang his hat on defeating Kansas City and just appearing in another Super Bowl again after he could have / should have retired 2 years ago on top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 12:22 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,039 times
I think his crowning achievement was the comeback against Atlanta.

Saying that it is the least talented offense he has had isn’t taking in account the entire offensive roster. They are a really good rushing team this year. Possibly the best rushing team Brady has ever been supported by in his career. And you also have to consider that Brady loves to throw to the Rbs. And it has been successful. So yeah, no Moss and Gronk is washed up but you’ll be hard pressed to find a better receiving back than White. He’s a great weapon to have particularly when throwing those routes is a strength of your QB.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:02 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
His crowning achievement should never be measured by a single moment. He's had too many moments for too long to just pick one. Why wouldn't the drive against the Greatest Show on Turf not be that moment? Or the Atlanta comeback as previously mentioned? How many game winning drives has he had? One just doesn't define him.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:18 AM

5,241 posts, read 6,152,814 times
I would also have to say the comeback in the Super Bowl against Atlanta was his master piece. All I can say coming away from that game that nothing is impossible with Brady and the Patiots.

The KC game was also remarkable with the patriots being the underdog on the road but as much as I love my Patriots it might have been a different outcome if KC had another four minutes on the play clock in the second half. They had mounted a comeback similar to Brady's against Atlanta. They just ran out of time for their very talented QB to comeback.

I think the bigger overall picture is the team. Was the KC game the crowning achievement in the Patriots organization?

Everyone loves to hate the Patriots, the cheaters tag has slipped away from the detractors and now it is that everyone is tired of seeing them win over and over.

That is the crowning achievement in my book, a team effort everyone, by teammates that have been randomly dropped and different ones selected and yet they still make it to the playoffs.

Watching the Super Bowl against Atlanta highlights again week reinforced my belief that he is truly the GOAT and also seeing so many Patriots players from that game that are no longer on the team shows the brilliance of this organization.

My three cents

Old 01-24-2019, 09:25 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
going to that hostile crowd at Arrowhead in that weather and putting 37 points on the Chiefs and making a lot of key 3rd downs 3 times (twice in the 4th quarter and one in OT) it has to be top 3 for him or top 2.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:42 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
This is a silly question. Anyone can go out there and QB a team to 9 Super Bowl appearances. Tom Brady's crowning achievement is easily Gisele.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:37 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,474,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
This is a silly question. Anyone can go out there and QB a team to 9 Super Bowl appearances. Tom Brady's crowning achievement is easily Gisele.

You've been positively repped!

Old 01-25-2019, 03:44 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,991,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
going to that hostile crowd at Arrowhead in that weather and putting 37 points on the Chiefs and making a lot of key 3rd downs 3 times (twice in the 4th quarter and one in OT) it has to be top 3 for him or top 2.
I believe the Chiefs gave up 30+ at least 5 times and nearly 30 in another 5 or 6 games. Despite being outplayed all game the Chiefs were a neutral zone infraction away from being in the Super Bowl. Pats and Brady played well but I'd wager it ranks a lot lower than top 2 or 3.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:35 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,853,847 times
For Pats fans the top two Brady achievements are winning the first Super Bowl (it was similar to when the Red Sox ended their 86 year drought) and the comeback against Atlanta in the Super Bowl. There have been many other great accomplishments but those two are the tops.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:17 PM

796 posts, read 505,564 times
Chiefs have a very low ranked D and Mahomes and the chiefs offense messed up in first half being scoreless and Mahomes taking sack to get out of FG position. It was obvious Beli and Brady didn't respect Chiefs D especially run D. Then that horrible Dee Ford offsides penalty and pats winning coin toss AND Andy Reid's notorious awful time management and misuse of unused TOs to get gassed D off the field. Too many things went the Pats way.

I would say the Falcons SB would be that crowning achievement but not just Brady but Pats as a team. Don't forget the Hightower strip sack and Matt Ryan taking that sack to get out of FG position which was poor judgment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football