Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 02:47 PM

18,226 posts, read 25,880,114 times

Advertisements

I've created a separate thread for this issue, obviously it is and will be toxic for a while-most likely a long while. At first I've been ok with the team thread getting all the comments. On the other hand the team threads primary use is for team acquisitions, game results, team cuts, waiver wire transactions, and various other team business.

Though team business is sort of a part on this, I feel it best to create it's own thread. And I know there is a thread on Kraft on the P/OC forum, most likely Current Events. Where the team business goes awry will be when you get into human trafficking, then the separate thread IS needed. And it was just a while ago that human trafficking got a lot of print in Super Bowl LIII.

I'll *sticky* this thread for a few days, it will get shut down for good when the snarky replies are all that shows up here.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 02-24-2019 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 02-22-2019, 03:04 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,693,876 times
Depending on the details of what actually happened and what Kraft did, I could actually foresee a scenario where Kraft is forced to sell the team. I don't think it is going to come to that but it could be a possibility with today's climate. Donald Sterling was forced to sell his NBA franchise for making racist remarks and he didn't even break the law. I do recognize that part of the reason that Sterling was forced to sell was because his players and the NBA in general is made up of overwhelmingly African American players and Sterling's own team was basically ready to revolt against him unless something was done. I don't think the Patriots players will revolt against Kraft.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:08 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,622,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
Depending on the details of what actually happened and what Kraft did, I could actually foresee a scenario where Kraft is forced to sell the team. I don't think it is going to come to that but it could be a possibility with today's climate.
I don't think so. At worst he would have to step down as owner and let his son take over. But even that won't happen. The thing that would make this story bad is if it turns out the female was being sex trafficked. Combating tracking has been in the news a lot lately. Even the president has made it a talking point.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:09 PM

6,435 posts, read 4,932,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
Depending on the details of what actually happened and what Kraft did, I could actually foresee a scenario where Kraft is forced to sell the team. I don't think it is going to come to that but it could be a possibility with today's climate.
That will never happen. Its only a misdemeanor. They could always plead diminished capacity which may be the reason. Why would a man worth 6 billion dollars and accomplished more than anyone could hope to and just coming off one of the greatest triumphs of his life do something as idiotic as this? He is a widower and maybe he was lonely, who knows and we will most likley never know the truth. This will die down and be forgotten.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:11 PM

45,598 posts, read 27,230,182 times
With social media, this stuff spreads so fast and gets out of control... and people want to make political points. These actions affect people, especially the kids and they end up being damaged goods for the rest of their lives.

I'm all with innocent until proven guilty... I just wish we could scour this behavior thoroughly and really root out the bad actors.

I'm just on the side of truth, wherever it falls.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
That will never happen. Its only a misdemeanor. They could always plead diminished capacity which may be the reason. Why would a man worth 6 billion dollars and accomplished more than anyone could hope to and just coming off one of the greatest triumphs of his life do something as idiotic as this? He is a widower and maybe he was lonely, who knows and we will most likley never know the truth. This will die down and be forgotten.

The initial thought is to think that "it's just a misdemeanor" or "he just paid to get jerked off" but the narrative that seems to be coming into focus is one where the police had this operation under surveillance for months and a picture is being painted of women who were basically sex slaves and were being forced to have sex with customers (including Kraft) against their will. 10 years ago or 20 years ago, "it's just a misdemeanor" would have likely been the story and it would have been forgotten over time.

Today, though? There is a real chance that they focus on the victims as sex slaves and the brutality of forced prostitution and how Kraft being a customer is basically a predator who exploits human beings. That is very possibly the narrative that comes out of this.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I don't think so. At worst he would have to step down as owner and let his son take over. But even that won't happen.

That is true - I forgot that a lot of these owners have family members involved in the operation as well. If he has a son who is capable of running the franchise, then I would agree that is the likely scenario - that Kraft steps down and his son would become the new owner.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:55 PM

6,435 posts, read 4,932,373 times
These places have been around forever and if they wanted to get rid of them they would. Maybe fancy Jupiter didn't want this soiling their area. When I lived in NY they were always busting these places. Some guys wife tossed him out when he got caught up in one of the sweeps. Come on, who doesn't know what these "Oriental Massage" places are? There are over 1000 in NYC alone. Maybe less guys would go if they knew they were being caught on video. One solution, which will never happen, is legalizing it like Holland and reap the taxes and regulate them. Voila, problem solved.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:47 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,931,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Unbelievable. Poor (rich) old man got horny and went to get some. The guy's 76 years old, a widower for many years now and stopped at the wrong place. I am not in favor of prostitution but it has been and is here to stay no matter what LE does. If Myra Kraft were still alive, I would be pissed at Mr. Kraft. You could see every time he was in the box since she died, he has been miserable and looked half in the bag.

Under surveillance for some time, huhn? I am not one for conspiracy theories but sounds fishy to me. LE picks THAT night to move? Sounds like it was done to arrest Kraft specifically. What else can the NFL do to try and destroy our dynasty?

I hope Johnathan takes over and we go on to win this year too. Just like when Goodell benched Tom those 4 games and he came roaring back!! Screw the NFL.

Oops, forgot about the second quote....

Really??? You think kids are going to be irreparably damaged by this little blip?? I would think the ahole druggies would be doing more.
What a disgraceful post. Concerned about your little, insignificant "dynasty"? Stopped at the "wrong" place?
Your warped sense of humanity is appalling. Try having some sympathy for those young women from overseas who are being trafficked and abused so some privileged jerk can have some "fun" .

Old 02-22-2019, 10:31 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,371,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
What a disgraceful post. Concerned about your little, insignificant "dynasty"? Stopped at the "wrong" place?
Your warped sense of humanity is appalling. Try having some sympathy for those young women from overseas who are being trafficked and abused so some privileged jerk can have some "fun" .

Exactly and thank you!

It's really appalling how callous people are. They wouldn't have the same attitude if the females were their mother, sister, daughter, etc. And let the men who are doing this be black, we'd never see the end of it.

This isn't "just some other story." It's what's wrong with our society. I'm not going to get off topic though and will probably have to do my own thread to address all the issues that most likely will not be discussed in a thread like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football