Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Super Bowl LIII the worse Super Bowl you’ve ever watched?
Yes 48 50.00%
No 48 50.00%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 02:53 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Robert Woods had a great grab on the sideline. Not sure if he actually got his first foot down with possession or not but I doubt it would have been overturned even if it were reviewed.
And that pretty much tells you the quality of this game. On the one hand, you have an 18-year old freshman who snatches an inaccurate bullet pass out of the air with one hand while falling out of bounds. On the other, you have a 6-year veteran who made a catch that might make a highlight reel in a Jets vs Jaguars Week 6 regular season game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 03:12 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I'm a long-time fan (college and NFL) and I think this was the worst Super Bowl game in history. As a matter of empirical fact, it was the lowest-scoring game in Super Bowl history. You would be hard-pressed to explain why this particular game was better than all of the other low scoring games of the past.

And no, this was not "old school smashmouth football." The Rams dropped back to pass 42 times compared to 18 rushes. That's the exact opposite of "old school smashmouth football."
Wasn't a great game but hardly the "worst" ever....not even close.

As a long time football fan myself I would take this Super Bowl over pretty much every Super Bowl of the 80's and 90's.....talk about snoozefests....

If a game is over in the 1st quarter what is the point of continuing to watch???

At least this game was up for grabs for 58 minutes......

Old 02-05-2019, 03:15 PM

18,214 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Super Bowl XII. Dallas Cowboys vs. Denver Broncos

Turnovers--Dallas- fumbled 6 times, lost 2. No interceptions by Staubach. Denver-fumbled 4 times, lost all 4. 4 interceptions by Craig Morton.

Penalties-Dallas had 12 penalties for 94 yards. Denver had 8 for 60 yards.

One play I will never forget. Broncos tight end Riley Odoms caught a ball and 5 steps later there goes the ball out of his hand. It wasn't stripped, he wasn't shifting the ball to his other hand. It just went.

In the SB-XII highlight video-John Facenda had a quote from Broncos kicker Jim Turner. "We were out there thinking about winning the Super Bowl. They were out there thinking about football."

Old 02-05-2019, 03:25 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I think New England and LA fans were cringing all over the place.
Just look at the 1st Half, it wasn't pretty, that's for sure!

New England

Interception
Missed FG
Punt
FG
Punt
Downs
End of Half

Los Angeles

Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt

Old 02-05-2019, 03:36 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Just look at the 1st Half, it wasn't pretty, that's for sure!

New England

Interception
Missed FG
Punt
FG
Punt
Downs
End of Half

Los Angeles

Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
You forgot record breaking punt in there somewhere

All kidding aside, the punting was exceptional... not really an aspect of football that I tune in for though.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/2/...ker-ryan-allen

Old 02-05-2019, 04:03 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
You forgot record breaking punt in there somewhere
That was in the second half! Jim Nantz was almost orgasmic announcing that it broke the old record by a single yard.

Having see many of the those Super Bowl blowouts in the 80's and early 90's, I would say Super Bowl LIII wasn't the worse or most boring, and while I didn't want it to be an arena football score, 24-21 or 28-24, would have been nice.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
That was in the second half! Jim Nantz was almost orgasmic announcing that it broke the old record by a single yard.

Having see many of the those Super Bowl blowouts in the 80's and early 90's, I would say Super Bowl LIII wasn't the worse or most boring, and while I didn't want it to be an arena football score, 24-21 or 28-24, would have been nice.
I don’t mind a blowout. Super Bowl XX, when the Bears demolished the Patriots was a thing of beauty. Of course I’m a Bears fan. But at least in a blowout one team is exhibiting something exceptional. Except for the punting, there was nothing exceptional about this year’s game.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:22 PM

Patriots 13
Maroon 5
Rams 3

Old 02-05-2019, 08:44 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times
Horrificaly boring, I stopped watching at 3-0 near half time and got the score the next day - not sure why I cared. I think we are all tired of watching the Patriots eek out superbowls, when the f are Brady and Belichik going to retire???

Old 02-05-2019, 10:05 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I don’t mind a blowout. Super Bowl XX, when the Bears demolished the Patriots was a thing of beauty. Of course I’m a Bears fan.
Good thing the Pats got there that season as the Bears showed they couldnt stop Marino then.
I really enjoyed that Monday night game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football