Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 05:26 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times

Advertisements

Well, Susan, like I said The Lions have a Good (Er High Paid) QB and little else, while the Vikings have a mediocre QB and a lot else, so we will see,. IF QB is the most important position on a team, the the PACKERS are set. If Defense wins games, then the Bears will still do well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 05:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
The Cowboys have the best LB unit in the NFL,depth or not. As long as Sean Lee is upright and on the field, or even on the sidelines as an unpaid assistant coach, All will be OK The problem still will be stopping the long ball over the middle. You are right though, As to your concern Tight End, Witten being a year older and another one removed from playing . They never found the blocking TE they need and would be well served running 2 TE sets with both as receivers .
But I think they will still be better on Offense and with the new OC, who knows, hopefully they will make the NFC East a blast to watch.

I agree with you on Gruden and the Raiders. If I were a team owner, I would have no hesitation hiring Gruden and leaving him to build a team.

SOme of the paid predictolators are saying that the Pack will finish first, but since there are some unknowns we will have to see, Everyone will be gunning for the Bears, they will not have it as easy as last year.

LKC i do agree that the cowboys starting linebackers are some of the best in the league, but they lack depth at those positions. and that bothers me a bit, especially with sean lees proclivity to get injured regularly. although last season it wasnt an issue since the boys had two more linebackers that more than picked up the slack, specifically smith and vander esch. if two of those three remain healthy all season long, the linebackers are set. if not, then the boys have a weakness in the middle of the field.

as for the deep passes down the middle, yes the boys are a bit weak there as well, but then most teams are, and most teams dont throw deep in the middle regularly. and if the defensive line gets their collective crap together, and can put some real pressure on the opposing QB, then the deep throw in the middle wont be an issue. it will be the mid range sideline and mid range crossing patterns that they will have trouble with.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:54 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Cat, I think that we are on the same page on the Steelers. Losing AB and Le’Veon Bell is going to hurt this team more than people think. The AFC North is Cleveland’s to take IMO.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:10 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
A great deal of conversation about the AFC North and it will be a great thing to watch this season. Browns should make a move, can they take the division? We'll see.

Le'Veon Bell is an interesting case, new team and still doesn't show up for the voluntary workouts? Wouldn't you want to put your best foot forward, be there or maybe doesn't want to deal with media? Those questions will be there, won't go away.

Old 05-02-2019, 02:54 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
The Cat is curious about the JETS and Bill's Buffaloes.
The BUFFALOES had an Excellent Draft, the Jets have a great Roster but are a cursed franchise....something always goes wrong to mess up everything. watching the Patriots slowly unravel, and Gronk come out of retirement in week 11 to save the day will be predicted.

This.. I agree with.. The Jets.. On paper.. They should at least be contending and in the fight for a playoff spot. But.. They're the Jets.

the Vikings.. That's going to all hinge on whether or not they run the freaking ball. People want to dump everything on Cousins.. I point to this stat.. 2017 - Minnesota has the #7 Rushing offense with 1957 yards

2018 - #30 Rushing offense with 1493 yards

That right there is the difference between 8-7-1 out of the playoffs and 13-3

They don't have to be a top 5 rushing team, but they should have realized that they were getting a QB who was not elite, but was very good and needs a decent running game behind him. Not spectacular, but decent. They rank in the top 15 of rushing teams, they're in the playoffs.

They ran the ball 144 times LESS in 2018. People want to point to Cousins.. No.. Now, maybe he wasn't worth all that money they gave him, but he's better than half the QBs out there.

Old 05-02-2019, 05:18 PM

IF we had our own Talk show, it would probably be More interesting, more entertaining and More accurate than some of those out there now

More fun than passing the off season with things like this quiz: https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/ti...ging-nfl-logos

Old 05-03-2019, 08:06 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
Being a Redskins fan, I don't have high expectations for 2019, but there is a lot to be excited about. I think the defense is going to be nasty, and I can't wait to see how that backfield is with Guice and Peterson, and now Love. I think this season is going to show a lot of promise. The draft was one of the best the 'skins have had in a long, long time. Hopefully it translates on the field.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:13 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
with alex smith coming back, if he can stay healthy and do what he did before getting injured last season, the redskins will be a tough team to beat. and with colt mccoy as a back up, and dwayne haskins learning the ropes, they seem to be set at qb for a while. we shall see.

looks like the NFC east is going to be very competitive again this season, and i think it will take at least ten wins to win the division outright.

Old 05-04-2019, 03:46 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,830 times
EVERY offseason, EVERY fan of EVERY team, thinks that their team is going to be better and maybe even a contender. Then the games are played and reality shows it's ugly head.

Old 05-04-2019, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
EVERY offseason, EVERY fan of EVERY team, thinks that their team is going to be better and maybe even a contender. Then the games are played and reality shows it's ugly head.
um....not EVERY one. read my recent ramblings about MY FINZ who have a long way to swim to get to even a winning season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football