Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2019, 01:31 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times

Advertisements

We are under a month away from the Hall of Fame game, which means that campswill be in full swing and at that point, a little over a month until Regular season. Which is of little consult to people like Colt and myself and a few others who love football. I am always looking ahead to the next season, some seasons more than others.

That being said, I was wondering what kind of list to come up with.

We already did the best and worst uniforms (Best Colts Browns Raiders Saints) Worst (Packers Jets Bengals)
We already talked about the best and worst venues (Best, Cowboys, Saints, Packers ) Worst (Raiders, Chargers)
We tried to talk about best and worst fans but people here could not handle it

We have discussed great /favorite players not in the HOF
And we have all agreed pretty much that we never want to see the Steelers wear a bumblebee uniform again.

So what about this list, to pass time until the preseason at least starts?

My list of five teams ready to break out this season

1 The New York/Gotham/LaGuardia Jets There is a big risk, expecting that much from the coach, but the team is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. And someone has to challenge and stp up in the division. I do not think Bill's Buffaloes are quite ready, although they are way, way ahead of MY FINZ

L.A/HOMELESS CHARGERS As much as I cannot stand them, this may be their year. It may be an all in year , but I think they have all the pieces to win the AFC

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS The other team in the AFC that might win is the one with the LUCK at QB and on the side of the helmet. The AFC title may possibly come down to the Colts and the Chargers if both teams stay healthy. That is right...an AFC title game without the Patriots

TAMPA BAY B(S)UCCANEERS
While I do not expect playoff depth, I think a winning season and an impressive start is in place. The one thing that will be different this time will be that there is a hard-nose coach on the sideline, which has not existed in town for many years. It will be interesting to see how players like SUH react to this. The team did lose a few key players, but I think that for once they have someone (since the great Tony Dungy) who can put together a win with what he has on hand.

CLEVELAND BROWNS I know it seems rather Cliche......many of us are jumping on the Browns bandwagon. But Consider this: The Ravens look great on paper, but it all comes down to how the young QB can perform....the Steelers SAY that they have gotten rid of all the personality problems in the locker room, but I am not buying it just yet.......The Bengals, well, someone has to compete with MY FINZ for the overall first draft pick which means that the division is the BROWNS' for the taking, at least on paper. The variable will still be the sideline....getting mileage out of veterans and youngsters alike, and if they can adopt a Belichick "Next man up" attitude then they should roll right into first place and into the playoffs.

Now, without tears, the 5 worst teams of the season
5 the New York Football Giants
4 The Pesky Red Birds
3 The Raiders
2 THE BENGALS
and worst of all
MY FINZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 08:47 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,600,103 times
Still way too early, but good lists Cat. I’d also throw in the Chiefs as a serious AFC champ contender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football