Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 04:49 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times

Advertisements

The "I have absolutely NO idea who I'm picking" week.
Bears
Rams
Browns
Chiefs
Ravens
Vikings
Jets
Eagles
Chargers
Seahawks
Lions
Cowboys
Bucs
Saints
Raiders
Patriots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 06:20 PM

14,325 posts, read 14,623,274 times
I was thinking about this today! John you are on the ball. First few weeks are so hard to pick, other than I always pick the Packers, don't know who I'm picking! I might do it with no thought, maybe I'll be better! Ha! Addition: Here are the picks!

Packers @ Bears
Rams @ Panthers
Redskins @ Eagles
Bills
@ Jets
Falcons @ Vikings
Ravens
@ Dolphins
Chiefs @ Jaguars
Titans @ Browns
Colts @ Chargers
Bengals @ Seahawks
49ers @ Buccaneers
Giants @ Cowboys
Lions @ Cardinals
Steelers @ Patriots
Texans @ Saints
Broncos
@ Raiders

Last edited by susancruzs; 09-01-2019 at 07:02 PM..

Old 09-01-2019, 07:04 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times
Bears
Eagles
Vikings
Panthers
Giants
Buccaneers
Lions
Browns
Chiefs
Jets
Ravens
Chargers
Seahawks
Patriots
Saints
Broncos

Old 09-01-2019, 07:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Packers @ Bears
Rams @
PanthersRedskins @ Eagles
Bills @ Jets
Falcons @
Vikings
Ravens
@ Dolphins
Chiefs @ Jaguars
Titans @ Browns
Colts @ Chargers
Bengals @ Seahawks
49ers @ Buccaneers
Giants @ Cowboys
Lions @ Cardinals
Steelers @ Patriots
Texans @ Saints
Broncos @ Raiders

my first venture into picking winners, lets see how it goes.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:49 PM

Welcome, and it is fun, for bragging rights, good natured kidding, overall everyone gets along I would say!

First few weeks are so hard to pick, you can tell as the season goes on, the win totals go up for some. I'm always in the bottom half, might have a good week here and there but overall, not like Calico, or some others!

Old 09-01-2019, 09:08 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,634,301 times
Packers @ Bears
Rams @ Panthers
Redskins @ Eagles
Bills @ Jets
Falcons @ Vikings
Ravens @ Dolphins
Chiefs @ Jaguars
Titans @ Browns
Colts @ Chargers
Bengals @ Seahawks
49ers @ Buccaneers
Giants @ Cowboys
Lions @ Cardinals
Steelers @ Patriots
Texans @ Saints
Broncos @ Raiders

Old 09-02-2019, 12:07 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Welcome, and it is fun, for bragging rights, good natured kidding, overall everyone gets along I would say!

First few weeks are so hard to pick, you can tell as the season goes on, the win totals go up for some. I'm always in the bottom half, might have a good week here and there but overall, not like Calico, or some others!

well perhaps i will do poorly enough to kick you up in the top half?

Old 09-02-2019, 12:59 PM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
I'll take the ravens week 1.

People taking the pack week 1 going into the Bears? Gotta love that team optimism but I'm predicting carnage.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:30 PM

We'll see, not just team optimism. Hope they aren't over confident with their posters of Mack sacking AR (easy to do when he's playing with one good leg)!

What is the Ravens week 1? You aren't picking the rest or what?

Old 09-02-2019, 01:41 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,536 times
Looking forward to another season of awful picks and even worse analysis by yours truly. I can't do any worse than last year. Wishing everyone good luck and a fun season of picking! This group does better than the pros.

Packers @ Bears-In Week 1 last season Da Bears shocked everyone by taking a 20-0 lead against the Pack in the 3rd quarter. Rodgers and company ended up coming back and winning, 24-23. Of course that game was at Lambeau, but I predict a similar type of game this year. Maybe Da Bears can lose on a potential game-winning field goal that doinks off the left upright again. Da Bears will have a great season just like last year, but there's no way I'm not taking Green Bay in the opening game as long as Rodgers is under center. They should return to the playoffs this year as long as he's healthy.

Rams @ Panthers-Last time we saw the Rams in a meaningful football game they were wetting the bed in the Super Bowl against the Patriots. We've seen that happen to a lot of teams over the years and I believe that was just a one off. I think the Rams will run roughshod through the regular season again this year. Sean Machiavelli is one of the greatest offensive minds of all-time and the Rams are still loaded with talent. They'll be able to defeat Superman, McCaffrey, and company who are likely due for another mediocre season under Riverboat Ron.

Redskins @ Eagles-Yeah, the Eagles may have had a Super Bowl hangover last year, but that's done now. They can focus on dominating the NFC Least this year. Unlike the Redskins who have an aging RB, Case Keenum under center, and the worst receiving core in the NFL, the Eagles have a plethora of offensive weapons. I see a deep playoff run in their future.

Bills @ Jets-I'll take the Jets in an ugly squeaker since they hired Jim Bob Cooter as the RB coach. I look forward to seeing the creative ways they use Le'Veon Bell who should be ready to go after sitting out all of last season. I think both Sam Darnold and Josh Allen will have breakout years this season.

Falcons @ Vikings-Falcons are a team I can never figure out. I think the Falcons are going to lose this, so I'll go with my opposite feeling. Here's to a 9-7 season for the Viqueens. Kirk Cousins doesn't bring championships-just fat numbers and mediocrity. I'll take Matty Ice to win this on a last-second drive.

Ravens @ Dolphins-Fitz Magic will get out of the gate hot before fizzling out. I don't expect much from the Fins this year. I don't think anybody does. I don't think the Ravens will be that good either though. Lamar Jackson did go 6-1 as a starter last year, but I'm predicting a sophomore slump. QBs who run as much as Jackson does concern me. He needs to slide more and live to see another play. He doesn't want to end up like his backup RGIII.

Chiefs @ Jaguars-The Nick Foles era begins in Jacksonville. Can he play as well for the Jags as he did for the Eagles? I don't think so. He doesn't have the same weapons. Jacksonville has a solid D, but there's no way they're going to keep the Chiefs from scoring a lot of points. Foles won't be able to keep up with Mahomes.

Titans @ Browns-Who else is excited to watch the Browns this year? I've never seen a player hornier to win than Baker Mayfield and with him, Chubb running amok, and a healthy ODB Jr, I think the Browns are going to take the AFC North. They've come a long way since the Hue Jackson days and that was just last season. Yes, I remember the Titans are playing in this game too. They'll probably have another 9-7 season just like the last 3 years.

Colts @ Chargers-Yes, the Colts are Luckless, but the Chargers are still homeless. Colts were a sleeper pick to win the Super Bowl with Luck under center. I don't see how that changes much with Jacoby Brissett at QB. Brissett has been with the team for a while and knows the offense. Yes, he struggled as a starter, but he didn't have the talent surrounding him that the Colts currently have. This pick also assumes that Melvin Gordon will still be holding out or traded by the Chargers.

Bengals @ Seahawks-Even without Marvin Lewis at the helm, I don't see a Bengals team without A.J. Green going to Seattle and beating Russell Wilson and the 12th Man.

49ers @ Buccaneers-Jimmy G. will be the first QB this season to smoke a Winston! I'm really excited about this season for my Niners as long as we can keep Jimmy G. healthy.

Giants @ Cowboys-I can't pick the Cowboys ever out of spite, so let's hope for a return of the good Eli. Who knows? Maybe Zeke won't play and Saquan Barkley will go off for the G-men. I'm hoping Jerry's World loses a lot this year.

Lions @ Cardinals-History repeats itself here. Last season Sam Darnold had an epic rookie debut against the portly Matt Patricia in Week 1. I expect a similar result here with Kyler Murray and Kliff Kingsbury's air assault.

Steelers @ Patriots-Patriots are immune to the Super Bowl hangover. While they'll lose a couple of games early, I can't see them losing at home to the dismantled Killer B's. I'm not so sure Big Ben can excel without Brown and/or Bell. If James Conner and Juju Schuster-Smith can fill those big play roles, Steelers should be fine though.

Texans @ Saints-I remember last year 100% of us in this forum picked the Saints to win in Week 1 and they lost to the Bucs. Of course they went on to go 13-3. Another upset here wouldn't surprise me, but I can't pull the trigger on it. I really like DeShaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins, but Bill O'Brien seems to make some boneheaded decisions.

Broncos @ Raiders-I guess the Raiders are still in Oakland. I'll take the Raiders in this Gruden Grinder over Joe Flacco and company assuming primadonna Antonio Brown finds the right helmet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football