Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 10:32 AM

14,326 posts, read 14,623,274 times

Advertisements

3-0 Thanksgiving games as I changed from the Lions to the Bears and did not have faith in the Cowboys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2019, 04:13 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
I'm 2-1 after the Thanksgiving games.

Old 11-30-2019, 05:04 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 10-4
Overall: 120-55-1

Bears @ Lions. 85 years since the Bears & Lions played the first "official" Thanksgiving day football game, so let's give thanks to those 2 teams. It's difficult to pick against the Lions on Thanksgiving, especially against a team like the Bears who aren't very good, but the Lions season is spiraling out of control while the Bears still have a pulse; not good but at least still breathing. Their defense will get the road win.
Bill's Buffaloes @ Dallas. Have either of these teams beaten a team with a winning record this year?? Cowboys should be thankful they play in the hot garbage NFC East, while the Bills should be thankful outside of the Ravens, Texans, Chiefs, and Patriots the AFC as a whole isn't very good.
Saints go marching in @ Falcons. After seeing the embarrassing Falcons score from last week, and with the Allen magic finally wearing off for the Panthers that the Falcons win in New Orleans 3 weeks ago was easily a fluke and if they played that game 9 more times, the Saints would win 9 times. The Saints need to be giving thanks to Teddy Bridgewater for performing admirably in Brees' absence and keeping the Saints at the top of the NFC South. Falcons fans should give thanks that they only have 4 more games after this one of watching Dan Quinn on the sidelines.

As usual, I'll get the rest in later.
Niners @ Ravens. The marquee game of the weekend, how this isn't a national game I have no idea (like for example here in New York if I wasn't going to be working I would've been watching the Packers/Giants on FOX instead ) . Potential Super Bowl preview. Both teams played on the West Coast last week, and yes the Ravens do have the shorter week, the Niners did play the Saturday night game. At home, very hard to go against LaMVP Jackson.
Landovers @ Panthers. It's possible they (the Panthers) may not get another win the rest of the year (@ Falcons, Seahawks, @ Colts, Saints after this). If they lose this one they definitely will not get another win the rest of the year.
Jets @ Bengals. Had the potential for a trap game, but after seeing how embarrassing their opponents were across the field from them in the same spot last week the Jets will come out ready to play. Close maybe early, but the Jets stay in flight.
Titans @ Colts. Colts at home.
Bucs @ Jags. Matchup of second best team in Florida behind the Florida Gators.
Eagles @ Dolphins. I get they are injured but if they lose this......after seeing Dallas singlehandedly keep the Eagles in the division race the Eagles won't blow it against what is now a favorable schedule to end the year.
Susan's Packer's @ New York Football Giants. Giants playing more like midgets, but why do I have a feeling the Packers will be in for a fight??
Brownies @ Steelers. Speaking of a fight, without Garrett do we get a round 2 rumble between the Steelers & Browns??
Rams @ Cards. Toss up for me. I could see a case for picking the Cards, but I'm going to ride out with the Rams again. Depending on what they do this week, this very well could be the last time I pick the Rams again this year have you seen that December schedule??
Chargers @ Broncos. 2 teams that will be playing out the string on the season, I'll ride with the home side.
Raiders @ Chiefs. Nope, after last week's debacle I'm not doing it!
Patriots @ Texans. IF the Texans were coached by anyone else but Bill O'Brien (ok, maybe Jason Garrett) I would pick the upset like I really want to. The hoodie vs. BOB is going to be like a chess master playing chess against a toddler, the hoodie will be 10 steps ahead of whatever BOB is thinking.
Vikings @ Seahawks. Their only 2 losses are at home, Cousins got a primetime win at Dallas a couple weeks ago. Seahawks can't lose another at home, this one in Primetime, while Cousins can't possibly record back-to-back primetime wins can he??

Old 11-30-2019, 06:25 PM

808 posts, read 690,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_n View Post
Happy thanksgiving everyone. I will take the Bears, Bills, and Saints today.
Rest of my picks.

CHI AT DET - CHI
BUF AT DAL - BUF
NO AT ATL - NO
TEN AT IND - IND
SF AT BAL - BAL
NYJ AT CIN - NYJ
OAK AT KC - KC
PHI AT MIA - PHI
WAS AT CAR - CAR
GB AT NYG - GB
TB AT JAX - TB
LAR AT AZ - AZ
CLE AT PIT - PIT
LAC AT DEN - LAC
NE AT HOU - NE
MIN AT SEA - SEA

Old 12-01-2019, 07:41 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,233,865 times
Teams named after cats are now 0-12 after the black cat MNF incident
https://dailysnark.com/nfl-teams-nam...ring-mnf-game/

Things that make you go hmmm.....

Old 12-01-2019, 09:08 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Bears @ Lions
Bills @ Cowboys
Saints @ Falcons
Jets @ Bengals
Titans @ Colts
Raiders @ Chiefs
Eagles @ Dolphins
Packers @ Giants
Browns @ Steelers
Washington @ Panthers
Buccaneers @ Jaguars
49ers @ Ravens
Rams @ Cardinals
Chargers @ Broncos
Patriots @ Texans
Vikings @ Seahawks

Old 12-01-2019, 09:11 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
I am way behind on my tallies. I hope to clean that up today.

WEEK 13

Thursday, November 28
Bears at Lions
Bills at Cowboys
Saints at Falcons

Sunday, December 1
49ers at Ravens
Redskins at Panthers
Jets at Bengals
Titans at Colts
Buccaneers at Jaguars
Raiders at Chiefs
Eagles at Dolphins
Packers at Giants
Rams at Cardinals
Chargers at Broncos
Browns at Steelers
Patriots at Texans

Monday, December 2
Vikings at Seahawks

Old 12-01-2019, 10:36 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
(Picked earlier....)

Bears over Lions
Cowboys over Bills
Saints over Falcons
Eh, 2 out of 3 isn't terribly bad. If I can continue that percentage throughout the balance of this week's games I'll be somewhat satisfied. This is a tough week to pick!

Jets @ Bengals
Titans @ Colts
Eagles @ Dolphins
Packers @ Giants
Browns @ Steelers
Redskins @ Panthers
Buccaneers @ Jaguars
49ers @ Ravens
Rams @ Cardinals
Chargers @ Broncos
Raiders @ Chiefs
Patriots @ Texans
Vikings @ Seahawks

10-4 last week
114-61 for season

Old 12-01-2019, 11:39 AM

7express nailed it:

Giants playing more like midgets, but why do I have a feeling the Packers will be in for a fight??

Packers score 1st drive, Giants score, Packers score and Giants score made rookie QB look pretty good!

Old 12-01-2019, 02:33 PM

6-5, early games got me, 3-0 on T-day helped though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football