Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 08:39 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,609,976 times

Advertisements

Probably Saints or 49ers against the Ravens is the general thought out there with the media types. Watching the Patriots offense this year has been odd at times. It will be interesting to see how the playoffs end up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 09:52 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,300 times
It looks like the dog masks will be coming out soon again.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:36 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,744,445 times
Looks like the NFL is doing something new this year with the playoff schedule. This year both AFC games are scheduled for Saturday and the NFC is scheduled for Sunday, Normally it's one NFC and one AFC game on Saturday and Sunday.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:16 PM

26,205 posts, read 49,007,205 times
I think we'll see a superbowl with the Ravens vs the 49ers.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:24 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,744,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I think we'll see a superbowl with the Ravens vs the 49ers.
Definitely the niners, not sure about the ravens

Old 12-31-2019, 06:17 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,079,128 times
Thinking Ravens, yes, but as forbthe NYC team, well, each has had a few consistency issues as of late. The Eagles are playing the best ball right now. The Saints look to be the best challenge. The 49ers can make The Super Bowl into a Super Bowl REMATCH if They can get there against the Ravens, but don't forget the chiefs want to back for the first time in 50years

Old 12-31-2019, 07:34 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,609,976 times
A SB rematch where we don't have to hear about the brothers bowl, got so tired of the narrative. I don't see an AFC team beating the Ravens right now, and 49ers are a tough out, too.

Eagles are an interesting team as they keep winning with whoever they have to add, their injury list is huge. Reminds me of the 2010 Packers, and an 18 player injury list on the way to the SB.

Anything can happen but right now everyone knows the favorites!

Old 12-31-2019, 07:58 AM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
Bills vs Vikings SB?

One of them could shake the 5 time curse.....

Old 12-31-2019, 08:14 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,994,262 times
Okay so how about some playoff trivia?

The New Orleans Saints are the #3 seed at 13-3. Since the league went to a 16 game schedule in 1978 only 2 other teams have finished 13-3 and failed to earn a first round bye: the 1999 Titans and the 2011 New Orleans Saints. So the Saints have earned this distinction twice! Now here’s where the trivia really gets good. In 2011 when the Saints were #3 the Packers and 49ers were the top two seeds. Just like this year, only this time their seeds are reversed.

A more distant parallel is in 2011 the winner of the NFC East was the New York Giants. This year it’s the Eagles. Different team but same record: 9-7.

In the AFC in 2011, the Ravens, Texans, and Patriots all won their divisions just like this year. The Titans were a wild card, just like this year. The Texans and Titans were 10-6 and 9-7 respectively just like this year.

The parallels are so similar that I am forced to make a scientific, fool proof (and probably after this week completely off) Super Bowl prediction:

Eagles over Ravens in an unlikely Super Bowl run. 21-17 final score. Guess where I came up with that number?

Old 12-31-2019, 08:50 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,224,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Bills vs Vikings SB?

One of them could shake the 5 time curse.....

Now that would be a stretch. I'm not much of a betting fan, and when I do bet on sports I usually wish I wouldn't have, but Bills and Vikings? I can't imagine that. The Bills even getting into the playoffs is a major surprise for me.

If you happen to live in Wyoming, which is highly unlikely considering it's America's least populated state, you got to see Josh Allen play at Laramie, the only 4-year college in the state. Wyoming took him when nobody else would. He was a good QB for UW, even if we only had him for a short while. But I was very surprised to see him drafted so highly, and even more surprised with his success this year. I wish only the best for the young man, but I'd be the most surprised fan in the country if he led his team this year to the SB. It just ain't-a-gunna happen, not this year and probably never. As much as I'd like to see it, I'd be surprised if they pulled off a win in their first game but shocked if they won more than one post-season game.

Vikings? LOL That's my little brother's team. (He lives in Minneapolis.) Now wouldn't it be nice if they could win a couple more games and maybe even find themselves in the (cough) Super Bowl! That's a very long shot, but if they did, and they found themselves playing Buffalo in the big game.... Shake Baby, shake! That's just crazy talk, but Fairy Tales Can Come True....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football